Chelsea v Burnley (PL) Sun 31st Jan 2021 12:00 GMT

10 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

How the f**k does Dave get the start over James...and Alonso WTF in from the cold..I bet Chillwell and Emerson will be pissed I would be. But I guess we'll see how this pans out. 

Perhaps he’s trying to see how different players fit this system?? Whatever it is I hope it works out. 

The Alonso from the Conte years would be good.

Just now, DukesOfHazard said:

Perhaps he’s trying to see how different players fit this system?? Whatever it is I hope it works out. 

The Alonso from the Conte years would be good.

Yeah to be honest he's gonna need a few games before he finds his trusted 11, I think I have more trust in Tuchel finding a good team than Lampard who never really seemed to find our best 11.

On 27/01/2021 at 17:33, axman2526 said:

If we remain with the same system then you have to ask who did what was asked of him enough to keep his place for this game, if you are being fair.

Mendy N/A

Azpi Yes

Silva Yes

Rudiger Yes

CHO Yes

Jorginho Yes

Kovacic Yes

Chilwell NO

Zyiech NO

Havertz NO

Giroud NO

So 4 dropped for me based on their displays.

James in for Chilwell, CHO to LWB

Mount in for Zyiech

Werner in for Havertz

Abraham in for Giroud

Well it seems Mr. Tuchel agreed with everything apart from  going with Alonso over James...wierd I got that so close. Hopefully I dont get my prematch prediction right...

Disappointing to see Gilmour left out again. He's the one midfielder we have that represents "hope" of a better functioning midfield.

Kante fit is a plus, albeit I guess not fit enough to displace either Jorginho or Kovacic in the position that Tuchel feels suits him best !

Havertz is the unlucky player from the last game. The others who have been left out were the ones that played crap. But if it comes down to Mount *or* Havertz you can certainly see why Mount gets the nod, and rightly so.

Edited by Sexyfootball
7 minutes ago, dkw said:

So James isn't playing again? Alonso in, I hope it's a back 5. f**k Jorginho, another game of 300 pointless passes sideways/backwards.

Careful - you’ll summon the dreaded Stat-Man with his graphs, charts and carefully edited YouTube clips :Dziekuje:

I heard that Tuchel likes the 3-2-1-4 formation and it seems like that's what he's using with us in he first 2 games. CHO and Alonso are basically wingers rather than wingbacks (although they will still obviously have to keep an eye on whats going on behind them).

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I know it's all we've really got but a midfield two of Kovacic and Jorginho is just so uninspiring. I doubt they have 10 Premier League assists between in almost 3 years. 

10 assists but averaging about 400 wall passes between each other. The Chuckle brothers of football - to me, to you. To me, to you....what fun.

I have prayed to the footballing Gods for Werner to find the back of the net today... it's in their hands now! 🤞 

Not too impressed to see Alonso back in the starting 11 but seeing as it's the experimental stage of TT's appointment, it can be forgiven. 

Come on Chels... let's take all 3 points.