Sheff Utd v Chelsea (PL) Sun 7th Feb 2021 19:15 GMT

1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

Now he is bollocking Werner for getting taken out by the keeper. What is this c**t on?

He's upset Liverpool got bent over and now he's trying to have a go and tarnish Werner I really hope Chelsea fans don't allow this idiot to turn them against Werner. Souness is an absolute cock look how many times Salah and Mane drive the penalty today for Liverpool clear dive Dias hardly touched him

I thought that Rudiger looked dodgy and uncomfortable on the ball until that goal which reminded me an away game against West Ham last season where he was absolutely horrendous.  To be fair, after him scoring that stupid own goal, he looked a much better player making some vital tackles.  I'm not sure if Tuchel yelled at him something in German but that goal certainly cleared his head and he got his sh..t together very quickly.

Edited by rocker_joker
4 minutes ago, Brutos said:

He's upset Liverpool got bent over and now he's trying to have a go and tarnish Werner I really hope Chelsea fans don't allow this idiot to turn them against Werner. Souness is an absolute cock look how many times Salah and Mane drive the penalty today for Liverpool clear dive Dias hardly touched him

I'm still hoping Werner becomes something special but at the moment I'm not his biggest of fans, great game today but souness has only made me like Werner more

I thought top 4 was starting to shape up but noticed Villa and Everton can leap frog us with their games in hand. You don’t expect them to be in the running but it’s going to be tight until the end of the season. It’s going to be ultra competitive 

30 minutes ago, just said:

You think that was comfortable? Jesus. Looks like you're the only one!!

Well it's never comfortable at one goal up even under Mou 1.0 as all it takes is one moment but for me, we managed the game pretty well after retaking the lead.

2 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I thought top 4 was starting to shape up but noticed Villa and Everton can leap frog us with their games in hand. You don’t expect them to be in the running but it’s going to be tight until the end of the season. It’s going to be ultra competitive 

I said we should be worried by Everton after the first week of the season. They had a little blip around the same time us up but they will be up there with us at the end of the season

4 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Staring to get annoying and repetitive Managers mentioning our squad value every time we beat them. 

I know, Man City don’t even get that thrown at them and they’ve spent way more than us.

With us it’s all about the money we’ve spent but with City Pep has built that team from the ground up with his bare hands.

Edited by 2211
5 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Staring to get annoying and repetitive Managers mentioning our squad value every time we beat them. 

Well, to be fair , it's a valid point, I dread to think where we would be on the budget that the blades are on.

Anyway we've been there in the past absolutely skint, so let's enjoy our spending power  Come on Chelsea !

Edited by The Rising Sun
Infoadded
25 minutes ago, Ph.c. said:

"Again looking shakey with Christensen at the centre of the back 3 with no physical presence." 

You must have watched another game, then. He won nearly all his duels incl. headers, was comfy on and off the ball and made one or two elegant long passes upfield. The confirmation bias on here is unbelievable tbf. 

I see the same thing every single match esp before it. You just need to look at the comments in the first few pages. Bar the mane sending off, and the grealish foul on him which resulted in him being injured for weeks, and the goal being blamed on him even though it was 30 seconds later, hes been extremely good in every game hes played. Hes our best defender after thiago silva for me, hopefully he will start getting more support and recognition going forward if he keeps it up.

4 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

Well, to be fair , it's a valid point, I dread to think where we would be on the budget that the blades are on.

Anyway we've been there in the past absolutely skint, so let's enjoy our spending power  Come on Chelsea !

James, Christensen, Tomori, Guehi, Mount, Gilmour, Gallagher, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham, Anjorin .... that's 11 players that only cost us $500K, which was all Billy's fee !

We'd cope ...

Kova never been a 90 minute player. Don’t say that negatively, his game is based around contested bursts through midfield. Very tiring. Kante did ok when he came on but it was interesting that cho was the only recognizable forward post the Werner sub. You’d not have seen that formerly. 

I still think if you play back 3 one of the wing backs has to be fast like Moses or cho. Ziyech yet to feature and Tammy clearly got to do more on trading ground. I suspect he has to show he can press a lot more. 

Not the best performance at all but I think a lot of us on here underestimated Sheffield, they've actually been good in 2020 and have won a few games. 

We had many moments in that game where we could've created chances but we just didn't... Plenty of opportunities and our final ball was once again f**ked. Werner had a good game, fair play to him, really made an effort. We couldn't get Giroud into the game at all, not even Werner actually but he still impressed. Kovacic another good game, Jorginho absolutely abysmal in that first half. James and Chilwell were both poor for me, Alonso looked better as soon as he came on. Centrebacks were bad on the ball, you could really see the lack of composure there without Silva, however, they did defend well. 

5 minutes ago, Oli said:

I see the same thing every single match esp before it. You just need to look at the comments in the first few pages. Bar the mane sending off, and the grealish foul on him which resulted in him being injured for weeks, and the goal being blamed on him even though it was 30 seconds later, hes been extremely good in every game hes played. Hes our best defender after thiago silva for me, hopefully he will start getting more support and recognition going forward if he keeps it up.

I agree. Have always seen the potential. 

29 minutes ago, Brutos said:

But he said absolutely nothing about Salah going down like this? Even though Werner was at full speed and the keeper clearly knocked him down. How the f**k is it Werners fault if his knee goes in the keepers face? That's how he's dived in, what a clown.