Barnsley v Chelsea (FA) Thur 11th Feb 2021 20:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, Slojo said:

He has a point though, it's youngster bias. If Jorginho played the same way Gilmour did he would be getting slated on here. 

f**k me, let's just go around in circles then.................

Yeah, Gilmour f**king 19 year old giving the ball away. He's still learning and mistakes will happen but NO, it's unacceptable  - send him back to the reserves and bring back Jorginho who also gives the ball away but that's okay 'cos the stats tell us that he's such an exceptional player.

:face_palm:

Well we won and its cup football so no nasty analysis of poor performances please. Tough nut to crack but Tammy did it onside as well.  Found a new way to get through matches like that. Remember the Golden Goal tickets you used to get at The Bridge? Well this is a Howlerpool, like a negative of golden goal, you pitch in a pound or dollar with all your mates you text during games,  each one picks  a minute in the game Kepa will make a howler. The person who chose a time within 5 minutes either side of any Kepa howler wins the virtual pot. Today one player came close at 93 mins!

Sheffield at home next, bring it on Kepa and all.

4 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I just think what is an real eye opener here is can you remember the last time Jorginho created a goal scoring opportunity?

Gilmour’s last game was the last game under Frank and there was the Billy CHO Tammy combination.

Tonight it was Billy James Tammy. Can you see Jorginho doing anything like that?

That’s my frustration with Jorginho. Billy is so much better offensively and he even shows more steel, despite being really small.

To be fair Jorginho created a goal scoring opportunity against Burnley , he got the move going that lead to Azpis goal.

Gilmour is clearly a talented player but He’s rightly 4th choice at the moment and I don’t think tonight’s performance will be bumping him up the pecking order.

Just now, Nibs said:

f**k me, let's just go around in circles then.................

Yeah, Gilmour f**king 19 year old giving the ball away. He's still learning and mistakes will happen but NO, it's unacceptable  - send him back to the reserves and bring back Jorginho who also gives the ball away but that's okay 'cos the stats tell us that he's such an exceptional player.

:face_palm:

Don't be hyperbolic, that's not what I'm saying. 

If I have to give an honest assessment after that game, I think Billy shows more creativity than Jorginho has displayed over the last several games, but he loses the ball a lot more and struggles to get into the game. I wouldn't be against starting him more because he's a talented kid and he's improving, but I do think people have to put things into perspective and recognise there's a youngster bias because there should be. We give youngsters less slack and more praise since they're young and developing, so it's easy to get carried away.

3 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

I know, i made a edit shortly after that addresses that. Nonetheless he shouldnt lose it there. 

Like i said you can't say anything against our youngster or can you? 

You are totally right. Made a bad decision to try turning and lost the ball in a dangerous position. Also made two passes that went straight to opponents and put us on the back foot.

But......... These are things we see regularly with Jorginho. In nearly every game he plays you can show examples like that. With all his experience. And when he is not playing on a surface like a ploughed field.

Gilmour's energy, movement, pace, better passing range and crucially, his creativity when he gets forwards, makes him a better player already IMO.

4 minutes ago, big blue said:

He looked like he has considering passing it back, but changes his ind last minute...thank god!

Must have been like ptsd for him....Flash backs from the weekend. 

7 minutes ago, charierre said:

This was a very poor performance, the manager set the tone by the selection and the players couldn't be arsed to turn up

The FA Cup on a cold night , poor pitch and a team up for a challenge is a great leveller

The itches didnt show tonight, Pulisic and Ziyech were poor throughout and Kovacic made up the treble

Tammy and Kepa are the only ones who really came out with any glory

Onto the Quarter finals, Tommy had better learn and take the match seriously , even Sheffield will be a different proposition with a trip to Wembley on the horizon

Next time we play a low life team away make sure he picks 11 English players who know what this competition means to the lower leagues teams, in which you scratch and fight for every bit of turf regardless of the weather, state of the pitch etc, the fancy sh*t playing on a billiard table doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, just said:

You are totally right. Made a bad decision to try turning and lost the ball in a dangerous position. Also made two passes that went straight to opponents and put us on the back foot.

But......... These are things we see regularly with Jorginho. In nearly every game he plays you can show examples like that. With all his experience. And when he is not playing on a surface like a ploughed field.

Gilmour's energy, movement, pace, better passing range and crucially, his creativity when he gets forwards, makes him a better player already IMO.

Maybe i should be more clear next time but i did not want to imply that Jorginho would have done ibetter or doesn´t lose the ball just the reaction would be different.

3 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Ban him. Ban him now. 

That's not really fair man, I can't be the one responsible for other people constantly complaining about a player that wasn't even on the bench tonight... Billy is nice but he doesn't really play in Jorginho's position in the recent games he was involved anyway - that would be Kante this game, if we are to be honest.