Chelsea v Newcastle (PL) Mon 15th Feb 2021 20:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

22 minutes ago, Valerie said:

File a complaint, I say :wife:  Hopefully you test negative!

So many companies paying just lip service to Covid I've heard some real horror stories.  Anyway tonight an out of form team against a team finding it's feet under new management just hope Werner scores otherwise he's going to be in the same school as Fleck, Sutton, Casaraghi, Sheva, Torres, Kezman etc etc.

1 hour ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Came into work today and found out my boss - whom I work in close contact with every day - tested positive over the weekend but decided to not mention it until we are literally showing up at work. Work is say, "you don't have to get tested unless you start feeling sick..." so, I am doing a rapid test here in a few hours... hopefully test negative but hey happy Monday everyone!

UP THE CHELS

That's legally true, but if you're a close contact of a confirmed positive test you should isolate regardless of symptoms. Hope you get through it all ok!

Anyway, on the football front, I'm feeling strangely confident. Not sure why but I feel we're due some goals. Timo's good form in his last game gives me reason for optimism so I'm predicting a 3-0 win!

It would be nice to see us get a comfortable win. We haven't managed that in some time. Even our current good run of results has been full of narrow wins. I'm hoping for a strong performance with us winning by a few goals. While a win will boost our top 4 hopes it will also help Fulham's fight for survival and I would be happy with that too.

I will have to listen to this at work since it starts at 3pm in the states, but I am just looking at the standings and correct me if I'm wrong here but a win or a draw puts Chelsea back into the top 4 of the PL standings.  

Edited by Valpo

21 minutes ago, Valpo said:

I will have to listen to this at work since it starts at 3pm in the states, but I am just looking at the standings and correct me if I'm wrong here but a win or a draw puts Chelsea back into the top 4 of the PL standings.  

It does, though due to other teams below us having games in hand it really needs to be a win.

4 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

It does, though due to other teams below us having games in hand it really needs to be a win.

If we win tonight 2 teams will have 2 games in hand over us, Aston Villa & Everton.

If Aston Villa win both games in hand they will be level on points with us and we might still be ahead due to GD & if Everton win both games in hand they will go 1 point ahead of us however 1 of those games is against Man City so I don't see them getting those 6 points.

2 hours ago, bluehaze said:

So many companies paying just lip service to Covid I've heard some real horror stories.  Anyway tonight an out of form team against a team finding it's feet under new management just hope Werner scores otherwise he's going to be in the same school as Fleck, Sutton, Casaraghi, Sheva, Torres, Kezman etc etc.

Very harsh including Casiraghi in that lot

5 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I know we’re at home but Newcastle really is a fantastic place to go to for drinking. Probably my favourite town for an all dayer!

Had some blinding nights up there Dan. Went on the Tuxedo Princess a few times, great fun. Girls were always very friendly, the blokes less so!!

2 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

We went from 1 positive first thing this morning to now at 4 positives and all of the sudden work is taking it seriously. Crazy how that happens when a quarter of your employees test positive.

Is your result in yet?

2 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Is your result in yet?

Results just came back negative. But since they didn't tell us about people testing positive over the weekend, we have re-exposed ourselves again. They are now taking it a little more serious, telling us if we start to remotely feel sick to reschedule tests and isolate until results are back.

Crazy that a simple email blast over the weekend would've avoided all of this.