Chelsea v Newcastle (PL) Mon 15th Feb 2021 20:00 GMT

1 minute ago, Dr Gonzo said:

I think Gary Neville is spot on in the studio there. Tammy has injured himself playing for the penalty. 

No. Its shielding the ball, its literally what Eden Hazard was/is the best in the world at and why he was constantly fouled.

Just now, Imran_CFC said:

Gary Neville is such a prick, trying to insinuate Tammy tried deliberately to initiate contact for the pen and got injured when he was clearly trying to protect the ball. 

Nah, Abraham was playing for the penalty. Players have been doing that for a few years now, I'm not a fan of it. If you're going to get fouled, then get fouled, don't force the contact.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gonzo said:

I think Gary Neville is spot on in the studio there. Tammy has injured himself playing for the penalty. 

He wasn't looking for a peanlty imo, just attempting to shield the ball, which he had every right to do, contact was made from the challenge, should of been a penalty imo.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Nah, Abraham was playing for the penalty. Players have been doing that for a few years now, I'm not a fan of it. If you're going to get fouled, then get fouled, don't force the contact.

Disagree, in my view he has seen the challenge coming and looked to shift the body to protect the ball. 

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Yes, just shoot and he gets a good chance of a goal. He was more concerned with drawing the penalty, it was daft.

1 minute ago, coco said:

He wasn't looking for a peanlty imo, just attempting to shield the ball, which he had every right to do, contact was made from the challenge, should of been a penalty imo.

No I agree with the rules as they are now, it probably should have been a penalty. 

I think the way he moves his leg over though is looking for the contact, which he did get. 

5 minutes ago, jack h said:

No. Its shielding the ball, its literally what Eden Hazard was/is the best in the world at and why he was constantly fouled.

Like I've replied to coco, having seen it he's still injured himself playing for it. It's what happens in modern football and it is probably a penalty. 

• coco locked this topic
  • coco unlocked this topic