Next new Striker

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

31 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Kane is undoubtedly a good striker but not sure that he is player that would flourish in out system. Marcus Rashford would probably be a better fit.

Yea good point, I was just musing, we and Man city  are supplying exactly what HK is chasing, 1984-90 Gary lineker is exactly what we need, a killer and clinical box finisher, a Prime Aguerro, Batistuta, Klose, we produce so much in the box its unbelievable....

Giroud is leaving so Tammy should get more minutes. In reality we would be searching for a backup striker then, not like Man City is searching to replace Aguero even if he had a lot of injury problems he is their big player. 

Our attack is getting better and it's still a few young players there, Pulisic, Havertz, Mount, CHO can still develop and I believe that Werner can seriously improve his finishing next season. So what do we really need attack-wise if Pulisic, Mount, Havertz and Werner improve and if CHO and Tammy get some more minutes next season?

If we get Haaland, Werner and Tammy won't be happy. Havertz can play a bit deeper in the place of Ziyech that already doesn't seem happy to be on the bench so I see now more problems than solutions if we splash the cash for someone like Haaland. I would prefer Tuchel to get a real world-class CB that would be the replacement for T.Silva so that we can keep the high standard in defense and hopefully our finishing improves next season.

1 hour ago, forbzy said:

Kane is undoubtedly a good striker but not sure that he is player that would flourish in out system. Marcus Rashford would probably be a better fit.

Kane is honestly too good a footballer to struggle in any system. Don't want Rashford, simply not consistent enough and not a pure finisher. I'll be happy without an out and out striker. Both Havertz and Werner are going to score loads next season.

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

How about a naughty big bid for Salah, now he’s prolific, imagine Him Werner and Pulisic , Fastest attack in Europe 

Nah I bet they wouldn't sell him for less than 100m.

I think our attack is actually pretty strong and well stacked. Giroud will go so maybe getting Depay instead would be a good idea. Maybe he'll work out and if he doesn't it's not a massive loss.

Pulisic - CHO - Mount - Havertz - Werner - Ziyech - Depay - Abraham would be a pretty strong group of attackers. I'd rather keep 23 y o Giroud and see 34 y o Abraham retire, but I guess that's not an option. I still think Abraham should stay and get more games against low block teams, in which his goal instinct would serve us better than Timo's pace imo.

9 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

How about a naughty big bid for Salah, now he’s prolific, imagine Him Werner and Pulisic , Fastest attack in Europe 

We are being linked with a move for him according to the Daily Express:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1433209/Chelsea-transfer-news-Mohamed-Salah-Liverpool-shortlist

Salah is a no go. After what happened with the super league, owners at these clubs are under even more pressure, there is no chance Salah is sold to Chelsea, and there is even less chance Kane ends up here aswell.

Not sure who we will end up with. Doesnt look like theres a number 9 out there that is available, Haaland looks too expensive, Lukaku looks set to stay, so it might be a case of sticking with what we have, or look to improve the attack with more of the same.

Its hard to think we need anything at the moment, with how we are playing and the quality of the players on the bench, but I would still love to see Sancho in a blue shirt. I also really like Joao Felix, who doesnt seem a good fit for Simeone. 

There is some decent attackers that could be available, just dont think its too likely we end up with a world class number 9, but as we have seen in the last 2 seasons, its possible to win the league without one. 

On 04/05/2021 at 17:48, Valpo said:

I'm not sure why Tammy would fight for his place here.  

Don't get me wrong, Tuchel has made Chelsea a strong team and I think he's a good coach.  But one thing I just can not understand is why after watching Werner blow chance after chance. . . EASY chances that Tammy and Giroud don't get much of a shot.

I like everything else Werner brings to the table but I'm not sure how much I can stand more of this

Because despite his frustrations our performances and results are significantly better with Werner on the pitch.

26 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

We have 8 attackers and we play only with 3

Giroud is going and it looks like tammy will too. 6 for 3 is fine though aswell i agree, but there is alot of noise about strikers, so maybe we will see a change of formation next season.

1 hour ago, big blue said:

Giroud is going and it looks like tammy will too. 6 for 3 is fine though aswell i agree, but there is alot of noise about strikers, so maybe we will see a change of formation next season.

I'll be surprised if we try o change formation. 

The key to play more attacker is to get attacker who want and can defend. So far this season I can say that out of 8 of our attacker only cho and mount are discipline enough defensively. 

Edited by Bob stark

On 07/05/2021 at 13:27, Ballack & Blu said:

Nah make a statement, if City get Haaland, we have to go big, I’d love to see Mbappe here or lewa for 2 or 3 yrs

Mbappe is actually a really good call. Particularly if we win the Champions League Tuchel should give him a call and tell him to avoid the sinking ship Madrid. With one year left on his contract he probably wouldn't be more expensive than Sancho or Salah. The latter could then go to Paris in his place. Ideal.

4 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Nothing less than Haaland or Mbappe that's fine but the real problem is replacing T.Silva! We simply can't be as good defensively once we lose such a world class CB.

On the money. Replacing Silva should be the priority for sure. But that's for a new thread.

I think a big traditional striker is all wrong for us we are so dynamic just now we can break away and teams just can’t deal with the pace, slowing that down with a big non agile striker is a step backwards. 

Timo is the perfect profile for our style of football if he could time his runs and Finish better. 

This fast turnover cutting teams open is a joy to watch going back to slow play side to side would kill me, if we bring in a new striker I want one that can shift himself. 

I would love to see us buy Haaland, Mbappe, Lewandowski or Kane.

If we can't get those 4, then I wouldn't mind us going for Andrea Belotti, who only have one year left on his contract. He would be a good replacement for Giroud & Abrahams, while offering us something different with his mix of strength, aggression, pace and aerial ability.