Next new Striker

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I think over the last few weeks a number of fans (Including Myself) started getting comfortable with the idea of maybe not bringing in a striker and persevering with Kai and Werner even if Tammy and Giroud were to leave. I think last night's result indicates the importance of having a good striker in the squad especially against a team setup with a low-block, the striker doesn't necessarily have to be World Class but someone who has natural instincts of putting the ball in the back of the net.

For example Danny Ings would most likely put the first chance away which Kai missed and would also slide in for the ball played in by Reece in the 2nd half, We've been fortunate enough not to fall behind in majority of the games we've played but last night and the Southampton game show areas for improvement for next season, against Southampton had it not been for Mount's Penalty we would've struggled to get anything from that game.

I haven't included the City game because they tend to play in the same fashion whether they are ahead or not. 

4 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think over the last few weeks a number of fans (Including Myself) started getting comfortable with the idea of maybe not bringing in a striker and persevering with Kai and Werner even if Tammy and Giroud were to leave. I think last night's result indicates the importance of having a good striker in the squad especially against a team setup with a low-block, the striker doesn't necessarily have to be World Class but someone who has natural instincts of putting the ball in the back of the net.

For example Danny Ings would most likely put the first chance away which Kai missed and would also slide in for the ball played in by Reece in the 2nd half, We've been fortunate enough not to fall behind in majority of the games we've played but last night and the Southampton game show areas for improvement for next season, against Southampton had it not been for Mount's Penalty we would've struggled to get anything from that game.

I haven't included the City game because they tend to play in the same fashion whether they are ahead or not. 

The problem with Ings is that he doesnt make that challenge on the Arsenal defender and wouldnt have created separation afterwards. Tuchel seems to like fowards with speed and agility who can play on the sides as well...

I would suggest Dybala, when he is on his day he's really hard to stop and can finish from everywhere pretty much. He's not he big physical body that we like our Strikers to be but if we keep Tammy i think we could have a really nice balence between Werner Dybala and Tammy.

11 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

The problem with Ings is that he doesnt make that challenge on the Arsenal defender and wouldnt have created separation afterwards.

Yes!

I felt it was a very non-trivial chance to create, so don’t agree with (a) all the sh*t Havertz is getting and (b) the “a real striker would have put that away” comments.

Having said that, we don’t seem to have a good plan for beating  deep defences, so we may potentially need a “real striker” for a plan B. 🙂

I'll be honest I'm pretty disappointed by the way Tammy's been treated. I know we have a lot of depth in the wider areas and in attacking positions in general. But, I've thought that Tammy has proved that he has something to offer to this squad. That being said, whomever we bring in to be the striker, we can't miss on the signing

Going to be interesting few weeks, lots of rumours and pure BS to be spouted, A New 'Cesc' type MF, and a top striker, then sell who you want, Apart from Mendy, Rudi, Silva, James, Chilwell, Mount and lastly Kante. and meme Pulisic

We won't sell Kai or Timo, but they aren't in my undroppables atm...

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Reports saying we’re interested in Robert Lewondoski. 32 years old and would likely cost £60m. Seems abit much. 

A good chunk of coin. But he’s the type who will be good for another 3 years or so.

Contrary to almost everyone I think 'Glass Ankle' Kane is overrated and as such going to be Vastly Overpriced. I think our issue is more Jorginho and his lack of creation. Kante is also not getting any younger so why not bring back Gallagher from West Brom and alongside Billy Gilbert they can spend a couple of seasons learning from Kante/ Kovacic. Marc Guehi has had a good season on loan and similarly a season or two training alongside Silva and co he would improve  and get valuable experience of the Chelsea way.

What has gone on with Abraham and TT we don't know but not many managers would have perserveered with Werner as TT has. With Giroud possibly exiting Aguero would be a great addition bringing Premiership experience and still a formidable Striker. Again he could be a great help in bringing on the likes of Werner & Co. 

I think the board will be reluctant to spend given TT only has a one season contract especially if we win the CL with the squad we have. 

11 hours ago, FRANKIE66 said:

Contrary to almost everyone I think 'Glass Ankle' Kane is overrated and as such going to be Vastly Overpriced. I think our issue is more Jorginho and his lack of creation. Kante is also not getting any younger so why not bring back Gallagher from West Brom and alongside Billy Gilbert they can spend a couple of seasons learning from Kante/ Kovacic. Marc Guehi has had a good season on loan and similarly a season or two training alongside Silva and co he would improve  and get valuable experience of the Chelsea way.

What has gone on with Abraham and TT we don't know but not many managers would have perserveered with Werner as TT has. With Giroud possibly exiting Aguero would be a great addition bringing Premiership experience and still a formidable Striker. Again he could be a great help in bringing on the likes of Werner & Co. 

I think the board will be reluctant to spend given TT only has a one season contract especially if we win the CL with the squad we have. 

Kane is definitely NOT overrated. He's honestly one of the best finishers I have ever seen. His goals alone would turn us into title contenders. I'm not sure I would want us to sign him though, I always get the feeling that Kane is reaching that point in his career where injuries catch up to him and finish him, and knowing our luck with strikers, it's something that would happen just as we sign him.

On 06/05/2021 at 16:31, Ballack & Blu said:

Yea good point, I was just musing, we and Man city  are supplying exactly what HK is chasing, 1984-90 Gary lineker is exactly what we need, a killer and clinical box finisher, a Prime Aguerro, Batistuta, Klose, we produce so much in the box its unbelievable....

Disagree. If we only need someone to shoot and finish, then we could play batsman. We simply don't play in a manner that can afford a player to contribute nothing other than finishing.

12 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Lewa against kane, no comparison, plus Lewa wouldn't wan't to think he is Matthaeus/Klinsmann hybrid, and with only 65 million spent, we could get Sancho or A.N other

Lewandowski and Sancho would cost the same as Kane if the numbers are to be believed. And Sancho's resale value would counteract Lewandowski's. That would be a great window and would allow us to send CHO on loan for some game time.

On 14/05/2021 at 19:58, WhiteWall said:

Going to keep periodically typing this in the hope it ends up happening.

I'd be up for us signing Calvert Lewin actually. Pace, strength, knows where the goal is, always wants to shoot and good in the air. Yes please.

Thank you, I've been saying that since the January transfer window, his only draw back is he has been prone to injuries the last few seasons

On 08/05/2021 at 11:12, big blue said:

Salah is a no go. After what happened with the super league, owners at these clubs are under even more pressure, there is no chance Salah is sold to Chelsea, and there is even less chance Kane ends up here aswell.

Not sure who we will end up with. Doesnt look like theres a number 9 out there that is available, Haaland looks too expensive, Lukaku looks set to stay, so it might be a case of sticking with what we have, or look to improve the attack with more of the same.

Its hard to think we need anything at the moment, with how we are playing and the quality of the players on the bench, but I would still love to see Sancho in a blue shirt. I also really like Joao Felix, who doesnt seem a good fit for Simeone. 

There is some decent attackers that could be available, just dont think its too likely we end up with a world class number 9, but as we have seen in the last 2 seasons, its possible to win the league without one. 

ANDRE SILVA - 

The 25-year-old Eintracht Frankfurt forward has already hit a career-best tally of 27 league goals so far this season, which has been crucial in firing the club to fifth place in the Bundesliga.

Silva has been in particularly phenomenal form of late, with 18 goals in 19 Bundesliga appearances in 2021. He is the star at the top of Adi Hutter’s Christmas tree formation and has broken Eintracht’s single-season scoring record.

With Tammy Abraham and Giroud looking likely to be shown the door and rumours around Pulisic we could do worse to look at Andre Silva 25 as mentioned previously.

Dusan Vlashovic at Fiorientina is 21 years old and having a great season at Fiorientina and is Highly rated.

Simy has also been in form in serie A with Crotone which is an achievment considering the position Crotone are in. He's 28 Years Old but big and strong and can deal with the rigors of Premiership football.

Gerard Moreno is a realistic possibility and would possibly relish joining the Blues . At 29 years Old he is having the season of his life with 23 goals in 32 appearances for Villerreal this season. The Spanish Club would inflate his price as would most selling to Chelsea but even at an inflated price you could pick up the 4  mentioned for 200 Million , return 30 to 40m on Tammy and a couple of sheep for Giroud. If Pulisic goes, who I am on the fence about by the way, along with Jorgiho.Edison and Barkley, who are liabilities or surplus to requirements, we would recoup most if not all of the 200m.

Loftus Cheek and Hudson Odoi were both touted as the next best thing and to be fair were living up to thr hype until they suffered similar injuries around about a similar time. Unfortunately I dont see either reaching the heights and will level out as bit part players at Chelsea and it would be prudent to cash in now before they fade into Premiership mediocrity.

I like Gallagher who is currently on loan at WBA and due back into the Chelsea fold in the next couple of weeks. He has plenty of energy and gets stuck in. Not going to be winning any awards for goals or assists but has the ability to get around the pitch and disrupt opponents. It wont hurt to have him back at Chelsea training alongside the best player in that position (Kante) and get his head down. 

Bringing players in such as those above who are in form and not playing for teams in form shows resilience. It also protects us from Signing a single forward like Kane for 150m who then gets crocked at the Euros and spends next season on the treatment table. Not a fan of the eggs in one basket philosophy.

Alonso is a bit Marmite for Chelsea fans and although I feel he is useful to have as a sub in order to rest Chilwell I would like to see more back up for both WB positions. Dave is a big part of Chelseas set up but not getting any younger. Not Sure W/B is going to be a position TT will play him next season and that leaves James. So replacing of CHO and Alonso is a possibility. 

Finally just a quick point on Chilwell. Im presumimg he has a Right foot as just standing would be a problem. The last person I saw go round in circles rather than kick it with his preferred foot was a certain 100 England Capper Ashley Cole. If the replacing of CHO and Alonso does happen is it to much to ask for a W/B or F/B to be at least comfortable with both feet. It still amazes me that players can get to this level and not be able kick with both feet. 

Guest Sindre
8 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Kane is definitely NOT overrated. He's honestly one of the best finishers I have ever seen. His goals alone would turn us into title contenders. I'm not sure I would want us to sign him though, I always get the feeling that Kane is reaching that point in his career where injuries catch up to him and finish him, and knowing our luck with strikers, it's something that would happen just as we sign him.

We'd win the league. I'm convinced of that.

Now it's extremely unlikely he'll come here. He'll probably go to City and make them damn near unbeatable but Harry Kane is every clubs dream.

Lukaku might be possible, dunno, but I somewhat have a hard time imagining him under Tuchel. High risk/reward type of thing. He's a monster though so somebody you usually don't say no to if you could have him in your team.

Sancho would be a dream come true. What about Griezman? I really liked him at Atleti, but seems a never really got going at Barca for rather obvious reasons. But not a classic number 9 either albeit a clinical striker. Andre Silva is a bit of a .... - but he scores. Thing is I doubt he would set the Premier League on fire in his first season and then it would come to their asking price. Although he didn't do well at WestHam I can see Haller probably being a better fit - and cheaper too.

2 minutes ago, Sindre said:

We'd win the league. I'm convinced of that.

Now it's extremely unlikely he'll come here. He'll probably go to City and make them damn near unbeatable but Harry Kane is every clubs dream.

I think Id be happy to let City/United take the risk on him. Pep has plenty of armoury and is happy to play without a No 9 so for City it would be more to prevent Kane moving to Utd than needing or wanting him. For Ollie and United it would be a chance for the Glazers to pacify the fans and Ollie to begin what he hopes to be a dynasty. Unfortunatley a tap on the ankle could see all with red faces. 

I suppose it's too early for Broja to join our squad next season? Now on loan at Vitesse, and if he follows the Mason Mount route, he'll go on loan to a Championship club first. So in 2 years ready for our squad, in 3 years POTY.