Next new Striker

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Lukaku would be a very disappointing signing and we’ll end up looking for another striker next year imo.

Its not a surprise how he’s doing a lot better in Italy, the league is at a poor standard. I’d rather us give Werner another chance than sign Lukaku.

It’s Haaland, Harry Kane or Werner for me.

19 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Lukaku would be a very disappointing signing and we’ll end up looking for another striker next year imo.

Its not a surprise how he’s doing a lot better in Italy, the league is at a poor standard. I’d rather us give Werner another chance than sign Lukaku.

I imagine Werner could very well play next to Lukaku - it'd  most likely be much better for Werner than the current set-up is IMHO. I'd rather take Haaland (or Kane) of course but I don't see Erling being available this summer and Kane will go to City, pretty sure about that. If Kun goes to Barca I can see them offloading Griezman but that guy wouldn't help us that much too I guess. Not that many options tbf (and I can't take the Lewandoski rumors serious).

Tricky

37 minutes ago, weetee said:

I imagine Werner could very well play next to Lukaku - it'd  most likely be much better for Werner than the current set-up is IMHO. I'd rather take Haaland (or Kane) of course but I don't see Erling being available this summer and Kane will go to City, pretty sure about that. If Kun goes to Barca I can see them offloading Griezman but that guy wouldn't help us that much too I guess. Not that many options tbf (and I can't take the Lewandoski rumors serious).

Tricky

Conte plays with Lukaku and Martinez, I'm pretty sure that he would do the same here if he had Lukaku as the target man and a smaller and faster player like Werner that would in turn do the role of Martinez.

I'm not sure why people undermine Serie A so much, Lukaku has shown a clear improvement and he's much more mature as a player overall, I've seen that he has a much better first touch and movement than before. Even in Man United he was their top scorer both in the PL and in all competitions, IMO he and someone like Depay are good players even if they failed to win in Man United during that specific period.

I would prefer Haaland more than anyone else though, I'm not that convinced about Kane and Lukaku that have seen a lot but Haaland looks like a player that really wants to kill it and destroy every game, he's younger and much more hungry to keep celebrating goals and winning things while Lukaku is much more tamed and Kane spent his whole life in Spurs and in big games he kind of disappears doesn't he?

20 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Conte plays with Lukaku and Martinez, I'm pretty sure that he would do the same here if he had Lukaku as the target man and a smaller and faster player like Werner that would in turn do the role of Martinez.

I'm not sure why people undermine Serie A so much, Lukaku has shown a clear improvement and he's much more mature as a player overall, I've seen that he has a much better first touch and movement than before. Even in Man United he was their top scorer both in the PL and in all competitions, IMO he and someone like Depay are good players even if they failed to win in Man United during that specific period.

I would prefer Haaland more than anyone else though, I'm not that convinced about Kane and Lukaku that have seen a lot but Haaland looks like a player that really wants to kill it and destroy every game, he's younger and much more hungry to keep celebrating goals and winning things while Lukaku is much more tamed and Kane spent his whole life in Spurs and in big games he kind of disappears doesn't he?

Agreed.

IF Inter is desparate for funds and there could be mutual agreement possible with Haaland for next year I'd rather take Hakimi and Sancho for example this year, wait another for Haaland and play Werner or Havertz up front. To get a 433 or something along that line going I just have the (superficial) impression it'd need a rather crazy revamp as I don't see the ideal defenders, at least one top notch DM and another top striker missing to really get that formation on a title challenging level. That'd be somewhat madness given the overall promising progress with the players already in the squad. Not saying we won't see a 433 at all next season and maybe our defenders can make it work already but with a guy like Hakimi on the right and Chilwell on the left + a top guy up front (be it Sancho or Lukaku) I can see us already play much better in the last third. If at least two from Havertz/Werner/Ziyech/Pulisic take the next step and Mount keeps his level it'd be much more satisfying to watch.

If they really want to challenge for the title there would be heavy investments needed and I just don't see it (albeit the possibiliy to play a "perfect" round is always there of course). City is just way too strong but the goal should be a rather comfortable top four placement (+ lucky shot at the title if City drastically underperforms). The year after I can see Pep leaving and the Chelsea squad for example bringing in Haaland and all those now youngish players could reach their prime. Quite theoretical all that of course - I just can't imagine spending 150m pounds upwards again this summer which would be needed IMO.

Edited by weetee

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Its not a surprise how he’s doing a lot better in Italy.

His Premier League record is 252 appearances and 113 goals. That's just slightly worse than a goal every 2 games. 

Almost 150 of those appearances came playing for West Brom and Everton. 

His goals to games ratio improved at Inter but arguably that's because it's the best team he's played in. His record for Belgium is 59 goals in 91 appearances. 

Not sure you'll find many more strikers available at their peak potentially for sale with a proven scoring record like Lukaku's. 

19 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

City most likely will go for Kane, then it's really just Haaland or Lukaku for us. Lukaku being proven in the PL and probably cheaper as it not emerges that Inter need to sell.

Mbappe, Lewandowski.

I'm hearing max Romelu will cost us is £70m. I don't think that's too bad lads. Assuming Werner and the other support fwd players chip in I think Romelu may be the most cost effective buy. He's won a league title now so he's used to that responsibility. Not to mention I've always thought the Man U transfer didn't work out because his heart wasn't in it.

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Mbappe, Lewandowski.

I think Mbappe would be craaazy expensive despite only having one year left on his deal, though that highly depends on how much money Madrid have in the coming bidding war. Lewandowski is obviously the best striker next to Kane, I rate him above Kane actually but he is getting on at 32, there's always some anxiety around buying an old striker who hasn't played in the PL, if it takes a season for him to adapt, how much time is there really for us to get the best out of him?

51 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

I think Mbappe would be craaazy expensive despite only having one year left on his deal, though that highly depends on how much money Madrid have in the coming bidding war. Lewandowski is obviously the best striker next to Kane, I rate him above Kane actually but he is getting on at 32, there's always some anxiety around buying an old striker who hasn't played in the PL, if it takes a season for him to adapt, how much time is there really for us to get the best out of him?

May be crazy expensive, probably 200m. But I think if we can buy him for 200m, we should do it. We’ll get the money back or more even, he is truly an elite player and the ceiling is endless. If we signed him, he’ll immediately put us on the map as one of the world’s best teams like he did for PSG.

Yeah I know it’s not happening but if he is available for 200m, we should be all over it.

8 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Werner needs a target man like Lukaku to play alongside. It's not either/or. Look at how Werner did when he had Poulsen leading the line.

On 22/05/2021 at 19:03, BordeauxBlue said:

Lukaku would be monstrous for this side, and other than Haaland there isn't a better option around, frankly. 

On 24/05/2021 at 19:07, BordeauxBlue said:

Beware of players that look good in Serie A, I always say. 

There's a bit of a contradiction here, isn' it?

Edited by abramovich

Guest Sindre

Lukaku have developed a lot in Italy. You could almost call him a complete package the way he's played for Inter this season. 24 goals and 11 assist in 36 games is marvelous.

47 goals in total in his first two league seasons in Italy. You could argue it's a "easier" league but someone like Ronaldo scored 52 goals in his first two seasons at Juventus. So Lukaku have put up comparable numbers and we all know what a goalscorer Ronaldo have been and is.

1 hour ago, PraetorianGuard said:

Werner needs a target man like Lukaku to play alongside. It's not either/or. Look at how Werner did when he had Poulsen leading the line.

Yeah that’s a fair point, but Lukaku isn’t the man for me. Don’t get me wrong he is a very decent striker but not quite the level we’d want. The level we want is Haaland or Harry Kane, spending 70m on Lukaku is pointless when we can spend extra 20/30m to secure the likes of Haaland or Kane.

Guest Sindre
4 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

The level we want is Haaland or Harry Kane, spending 70m on Lukaku is pointless when we can spend extra 20/30m to secure the likes of Haaland or Kane.

For Kane you are probably talking towards £150 million.

For Haaland a little less because his release clause that kicks in next year. But can we fend off every team that's after him? Doubt it.

Behind them two I don't think there are many better than Lukaku.

4 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

May be crazy expensive, probably 200m. But I think if we can buy him for 200m, we should do it. We’ll get the money back or more even, he is truly an elite player and the ceiling is endless. If we signed him, he’ll immediately put us on the map as one of the world’s best teams like he did for PSG.

Yeah I know it’s not happening but if he is available for 200m, we should be all over it.

He'd just say no. 

Barca and real Madrid are doing all their business now on the free as they are skint. He'll end up going to Madrid next year. Probably with Pogba. 

Following Conte leaving Inter I think we will be leading the pack to sign Lukaku. 

Kane is a non starter for us and it would depend if Dortmund would hold out and keep hold of Haaland for another year until his buy out clause kicks in or cash in now whilst his stock is high. 

Sancho looks likely to sign for Manchester United this summer so maybe they're not under pressure to sell two big players.