Next new Striker

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

9 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Think Sancho to United is going to be the first big deal done 

Have to agree, apparently Mbapps has told Paris he won't sign a new contract so at some point I think we see him moving (probably to Madrid). I can see CR7 at PSG as they make a big push to win UCL next season.

I think after missing out on Hakimi we will offer £70m for Rice at some point. I'm thinking opening offer of £50m + Barkles

Edited by LongtimerLurker

2 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Have to agree, apparently Mbapps has told Paris he won't sign a new contract so at some point I think we see him moving (probably to Madrid). I can see CR7 at PSG as they make a big push to win UCL next season.

I think after missing out on Hakimi we will offer £70m for Rice at some point. I'm thinking opening offer of £50m + Barkles

Dont see PSG selling him. They have a bottomless pit of money, so one more season with him trying to win the CL is worth losing 150mill or so to them.

Far as Rice goes I have made it clear I am a fan but honestly this season with the spammers in europe it is a waste of time trying to sign him. His price would be beyond ridiculous if they did sell. Best to leave him one more year run down and them dropping down the table with the extra workload.

I personally hope we are doing long term homework like Cech and co did with Mendy.

Honestly I would be happy taking a chance with Patson Daka as our striker signing to be backed up by Armando Broja. Yves Bassouma to strengthen the midfield, or auerlien Tchouameni, either is good. Not sure who we need as number 3 signing, do we really need a RWB? Cannot TT improve CHO or use our youth player of the year Livamento?

Edited by axman2526

6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Dont see PSG selling him. They have a bottomless pit of money, so one more season with him trying to win the CL is worth losing 150mill or so to them.

Far as Rice goes I have made it clear I am a fan but honestly this season with the spammers in europe it is a waste of time trying to sign him. His price would be beyond ridiculous if they did sell. Best to leave him one more year run down and them dropping down the table with the extra workload.

I personally hope we are doing long term homework like Cech and co did with Mendy.

Honestly I would be happy taking a chance with Patson Daka as our striker signing to be backed up by Armando Broja. Yves Bassouma to strengthen the midfield, or auerlien Tchouameni, either is good. Not sure who we need as number 3 signing, do we really need a RWB? Cannot TT improve CHO or use our youth player of the year Livamento?

I agree. If none of the top tier want to join us or we fail to get deals done (like hakimi it seems) then we need to be buying the best up and coming players for the long term rather than stop gaps like immobile (for example).

daka seems to fit the bill 

Edited by Adamrb

Its difficult to have an opinion but if Haaland is too hard  then maybe someone like Vlahovic (not playing at the Euros) might be worth looking at. How do you really tell what a player is like if you don't see them all the time? I have a clear view on the guys that play in the premier league (although still get it wrong eg under rating Grealish)  and some of the overseas teams but with younger players at clubs that aren't regularly on TV its pretty difficult.

47 minutes ago, thebluekid said:

News: Patson Daka will be signing for Leicester.

That is his currently linked future aye. 2 weeks back it was us, 2 weeks before that it was Liverpool. Maybe he does sign for Leicester, maybe some gazumps them ala us with Willian and Spurs. Will see.

6 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

That is his currently linked future aye. 2 weeks back it was us, 2 weeks before that it was Liverpool. Maybe he does sign for Leicester, maybe some gazumps them ala us with Willian and Spurs. Will see.

Just a suggestion anyway, but I feel if we want to be better than other clubs in the premier league, we can buy strikers in those premier league clubs. If I'm not wrong, I think that was what big clubs in the premier league normally do those days. 

Our rivals like Tottenham, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, or Liverpool may not sell their strikers to us, but we can flex our muscles by buying strikers from less big premier league teams.

I feel we can still get good strikers from clubs like Wolves, Westham, Southampton, Sheffield or those types of clubs. Players like Neto, Podence, Raul Jimenez etc. If we give them twice the salary they are collecting now, and give their clubs good money, they can come good for us.

And most importantly, we do it under the radar.

With good players around them, I feel they can do well with us. You do better than all these other premier league clubs by buying their best players and using them to win them. If not, every time we play small clubs like Aston Villa, etc, they will be winning us. And I don't think we can win the premier league like that. I don't know, but I'm always sad when we don't win those small premier league clubs. Maybe it's because as a Chelsea fan, I always know that there are certain clubs that are not as good as us, and therefore we should be beating them, and maybe because that is how it has always been over the years, please let's keep it like that.

Edited by hephzibah

Also, a player like Haaland who is being linked to us, I don't think he can come to us. I think clubs like Man City, Man Utd, Madrid, PSG, Barcelona may get him. So, why not get a premier league striker that we can get, and he may come good for us.

3 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

Also, a player like Haaland who is being linked to us, I don't think he can come to us. I think clubs like Man City, Man Utd, Madrid, PSG, Barcelona may get him. So, why not get a premier league striker that we can get, and he may come good for us.

You lost absolutely all ounce of credibility when you put Man City over Chelsea. I stopped reading at the ‘y’ in ‘City’. Deluded.

9 hours ago, thebluekid said:

You lost absolutely all ounce of credibility when you put Man City over Chelsea. I stopped reading at the ‘y’ in ‘City’. Deluded.

What about all the right things I said. Even if Man City may not be able to get him before us, but you do think clubs like Man Utd, Madrid, Barcelona or PSG may get him ahead of us, so why not go after another striker that we can get. So that our heart does not end up being broken in the end when we don't get Haaland, and we need a good striker to start the new season, and then by then it may be too late to go after another striker.

So why not start figuring out how to go after another striker now so we can get another person in case we don't get Haaland.

33 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Messi is out of contract come the end of the month.... Just saying. 

Signed a fat improved contract at Barca already, and they need to get rid of €200m of wages to balance the books & pay him. Won’t be the worst idea to bid for Fati, De Jong or Dest

2 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

The sound of Silence and inactivity is truly deafening, come on Chelsea, shake a f**king leg......

Think it’ll be one of these summers, absolutely f*ck all and then boom ‘Chelsea announce signing’

7 hours ago, comtrend said:

I hope our scouts are watching the Euros, Kasper Dolberg has been great for Denmark. Superb hold up and linkup player and he knows how to score.

Well he plays for Nice so we could get him. We missed the boat on Daka maybe Dolberg is a solution. See how he does against England.