Next new Striker

Ballack & Blu

It won’t be Kane   
lewandowski is 32

that leaves lukaku, Haaland and mbappe. 
it will be hard to fit say Harland, havertz, Werner and mount into the one team. To this day havertz;s best position isn’t defined, but it seems to one of the front two. But then there is no room for Werner  which is ridiculous. Despite his lack of goals werners pace and work rate are essential. 

who ever we get someone’s going to miss out and Pulisic will get less minutes. Unless cho replaces Dave at wing back, an idea I favour he will need a new club or at least a loan

10 hours ago, comtrend said:

It could work like Hazard and Costa, those two were operating closer to eachother, while our third forward was more wide. 

I have doubt but let's say we can make it work. Where do you want to play Havertz, you can't ask him to play wide, so let's play cho as rw 

Werner - st                    cho

Chilwell -     Mount -    Havertz 

Kante                James

Rudiger -   Chris

Hmm, hmm does this smell familiar. Yup it is similar to Lampard system 

47 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I have doubt but let's say we can make it work. Where do you want to play Havertz, you can't ask him to play wide, so let's play cho as rw 

Rudiger -   Chris

I doubt we'll see anything like this. I think Tuchel values Kante as a "Double Six" and we'll continue to see him used in a similar manner and not as a pure DM. The 4-3-3 is always a possibility but it wouldn't look like this.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, PraetorianGuard said:

I doubt we'll see anything like this. I think Tuchel values Kante as a "Double Six" and we'll continue to see him used in a similar manner and not as a pure DM. The 4-3-3 is always a possibility but it wouldn't look like this.

My point is all about how to fit 

Werner - ST-mount - Havertz 

None of them are comfortable playing wide. This is the beauty of football, your system probably won't be the best for everyone, so you have to decide which player do you want to "sacrifice". 

When we switch from 433 to 343, werner thrived, alonso suddenly became very playable, Christensen  turned into wc however CHO, puli and ziyech struggled. 

Probably the system that suit what the fans want is Pelegrini

Werner - st

Mount - Havertz 

Kante - dm

Chilwell - cb - cb - James

Edited by Bob stark

23 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

My point is all about how to fit 

Werner - ST-mount - Havertz 

None of them are comfortable playing wide. This is the beauty of football, your system probably won't be the best for everyone, so you have to decide which player do you want to "sacrifice". 

When we switch from 433 to 343, werner thrived, alonso suddenly became very playable, Christensen  turned into wc however CHO, puli and ziyech struggled. 

Probably the system that suit what the fans want is Pelegrini

Werner - st

Mount - Havertz 

Kante - dm

Chilwell - cb - cb - James

Tuchel used the 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 a lot at PSG so we might see that next year, and probably suits us better than the 4-3-3 right now

Seems like fittIng all of Werner, Havertz, Mount and new CF requires:

- 4 at the back

- attacking width from full backs

Which in turn seems to require a really solid DM.”

Possible and people here have been talking about just that.

But also - while I do not wish to join Werner-slagging - I don’t really see why he is so obviously a nailed-on first choice. He has been quite important under current circumstances, but who’s to say that the new CF will not be able to do some of the good things Werner does and then, suddenly, Werner is less important.

9 hours ago, carrickblue said:

The Guardian is running a story that we are after Lukaku. Probably placed by his agent, I'll take it with a pinch of salt.  

There are LOTS of stories that Lukaku is a real favourite of Roman and that his agent was invited to the CL final.

1. I don't think he is the best option out there. Don't care what his stats are in serie A, it is not a great standard at the moment.

2. Roman has always made a sh*t choice in strikers. Torres and a well over the hill Shevchenko being two of his personal favourites.

3 hours ago, just said:

There are LOTS of stories that Lukaku is a real favourite of Roman and that his agent was invited to the CL final.

1. I don't think he is the best option out there. Don't care what his stats are in serie A, it is not a great standard at the moment.

2. Roman has always made a sh*t choice in strikers. Torres and a well over the hill Shevchenko being two of his personal favourites.

Contrary to popular believe Lukaku is perfectly fine striker. 

13 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Rudiger -   Chris

I was thinking this:

--------------Werner-----Haaland------------------Pulisic/CHO/Ziyech (whoever works best)

-----------Mount/Kovacic-------Havertz/Kante-------------

Chilwell---------------F.Kessie/Jorginho-------------James

-------------Rudiger---------------Christensen-------------

This would be my solution against bottom half team that park the bus. A proper DM like F.Kessie to allow Mount and Havertz to push forward. We need some options when Kante is resting as well. We keep 3-4-3 against the top teams.

Lukaku looks favourite now, though there could be complications.

Conte is being linked with Spurs and would want Kane to stay, Aguero is off so City might offer big bucks for Kane if so then Conte would want Lukaku.

It's going to get messy................

Rumours coming out that Inter isn’t going to sell Lukaku. Thank god for that.

Now we can try our luck on Haaland or Kane. I’m even happy to wait for a season if it means we sign Haaland, I’m pretty confident Werner won’t be as bad in front of goal next season.

54 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Lukaku looks favourite now, though there could be complications.

Conte is being linked with Spurs and would want Kane to stay, Aguero is off so City might offer big bucks for Kane if so then Conte would want Lukaku.

It's going to get messy................

I doubt Lukaku would want to go to Spurs even if Conte did go there. They aren't winning any trophies without decent upgrades and I can't see Levy being generous with the cash.

46 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Now we can try our luck on Haaland or Kane. I’m even happy to wait for a season if it means we sign Haaland, I’m pretty confident Werner won’t be as bad in front of goal next season.

Think if Haaland's release clause kicks in next year then Bayern would most likely swoop in for him, it's the type of deal they usually go for. 

Just now, Drogba1 said:

Think if Haaland's release clause kicks in next year then Bayern would most likely swoop in for him, it's the type of deal they usually go for. 

Why would he go for Bayern when he can join the champions of Europe?

17 hours ago, ozboy said:

I But then there is no room for Werner  which is ridiculous. Despite his lack of goals werners pace and work rate are essential.

If someone can work on his goal awareness he'll be immense.

Haaland is staying at Dortmund another year apparently, but an offer they can't refuse could be enough to tempt them. He has a €75m release clause next summer and valued at €150m this year. I'm still convinced Mbappe goes Madrid and Haaland to Barca. It's why Messi will likely sign again because they'll provide him with world class talent.

Inter want to keep Lukaku

Bayern want to keep Lewandowski 

Dortmund want to keep Haaland 

Kane has told spurs he wants to leave. All of these players will come around a similar market price of around €100m give or take. So if we're spending that much I would say sign Haaland. My problem is though with such a big price tag and our supposed strikers curse it feels like a lot of pressure for Erling. That said look at the last big name player we signed when we last won the ucl didn't turn out too bad.

If he was interested I would scout the interest from Mbappe's camp. While not an out and out fwd he would score bags of goals for us.

For me the cheap option is again not a number 9 but a dynamic fwd who can play there- Memphis Depay. He put up numbers in  a very average Lyon side imo, he's clinical enough to play through the middle and also creative enough to provide assists. I would offer him a contract even if we didn't see him as our number 9 geg him alongside one.

I think it’s Lukaku all the way. I don’t see the other strikers leaving or they will overpriced. Haaland will want ridiculous wages. I don’t see the club paying £60m for Lewy either. 

Lukaku is 27-28 and is proven in the PL. Inter apparently want £100m for him but I reckon we can get him for £80m-ish. 

5 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I think it’s Lukaku all the way. I don’t see the other strikers leaving or they will overpriced. Haaland will want ridiculous wages. I don’t see the club paying £60m for Lewy either. 

Lukaku is 27-28 and is proven in the PL. Inter apparently want £100m for him but I reckon we can get him for £80m-ish. 

Yeah £75-80m should be the max we offer if they say no, I hope we scour the world for a top talent that is cheap af, that nobody really knows about but is a superstar in the making.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

Yes I agree on the latter. Also, everyone remember how urgently we needed to ship in an entire new defence last season? Obviously Silva had a big impact but the improvement has been mainly “organic” - existing players massively upping their game. If our current attacking players can improve by the same degree next season as the defence this season (not unrealistic imo), we will be formidable. 

At the moment we have 8 players for the front 3 positions, which ended with Giroud, Abraham and CHO barely playing. 

Giroud is leaving, which leaves

Abraham 

Havertz

Werner

Pulisic 

Mount

Ziyech

CHO

Assuming Abraham leaves, even if i would prefer him to stay, that would still leave us pretty stacked with 6 players for a front 3. If we keep this setup, there isnt room for another big money attacker. Its just going to lead to unhappy players. 

There is alot of talk of a forward coming in however, so it looks to me like we will change formation, and if that is the case,  I would much rather see Sancho coming in, than a striker. 

Havertz as the false 9, Werner playing off him, Sancho creating in wide areas, and Mount playing an 8/10 hybrid. Some sort of 4231/4222 mix of a system, with Kante+1 in the pivot behind. 

Im struggling to see where Havertz fits in anywhere else other as that false 9, and for me, I think he has to play. 

No new striker for me, maybe I could make the exception for Haaland, but id rather see Sancho, or dare i say Mbappe come in.