Next new Striker

Ballack & Blu

3 minutes ago, big blue said:

At the moment we have 8 players for the front 3 positions, which ended with Giroud, Abraham and CHO barely playing. 

Giroud is leaving, which leaves

Abraham 

Havertz

Werner

Pulisic 

Mount

Ziyech

CHO

Assuming Abraham leaves, even if i would prefer him to stay, that would still leave us pretty stacked with 6 players for a front 3. If we keep this setup, there isnt room for another big money attacker. Its just going to lead to unhappy players. 

There is alot of talk of a forward coming in however, so it looks to me like we will change formation, and if that is the case,  I would much rather see Sancho coming in, than a striker. 

Havertz as the false 9, Werner playing off him, Sancho creating in wide areas, and Mount playing an 8/10 hybrid. Some sort of 4231/4222 mix of a system, with Kante+1 in the pivot behind. 

Im struggling to see where Havertz fits in anywhere else other as that false 9, and for me, I think he has to play. 

No new striker for me, maybe I could make the exception for Haaland, but id rather see Sancho, or dare i say Mbappe come in. 

I'm not totally convinced we won't invite offers for Ziyech and personally I'd be cashing in on Abraham and CHO.

If that happens there is space for a new centre forward. 

52 minutes ago, big blue said:

At the moment we have 8 players for the front 3 positions, which ended with Giroud, Abraham and CHO barely playing. 

Abraham 

Havertz

Werner

Pulisic 

Mount

Ziyech

CHO

Assuming Abraham leaves, even if i would prefer him to stay, that would still leave us pretty stacked with 6 players for a front 3. If we keep this setup, there isnt room for another big money attacker. Its just going to lead to unhappy players. 

There is alot of talk of a forward coming in however, so it looks to me like we will change formation, and if that is the case,  I would much rather see Sancho coming in, than a striker. 

Havertz as the false 9, Werner playing off him, Sancho creating in wide areas, and Mount playing an 8/10 hybrid. Some sort of 4231/4222 mix of a system, with Kante+1 in the pivot behind. 

Im struggling to see where Havertz fits in anywhere else other as that false 9, and for me, I think he has to play. 

No new striker for me, maybe I could make the exception for Haaland, but id rather see Sancho, or dare i say Mbappe come in. 

Sancho or Haaland, as European Champions we deserve no less!

57 minutes ago, loz said:

I'm not totally convinced we won't invite offers for Ziyech and personally I'd be cashing in on Abraham and CHO.

If that happens there is space for a new centre forward. 

I think we would have to lose one of Ziyech or CHO. 

Maybe CHO will go out on loan, but i cant see Ziyech moving on, but I agree, if it was down to me, i would move him on aswell. Very underwhelming. 

Obviously, the strikers area hurt us most in the league. 8th highest team for goals scored which is not good enough if we want to challenge for the title.

I wouldn’t be against lukaku. He will give us another dimension in attack and does score goals. 

I think the dynamics of the team change if you get a better version of Jorgi, someone quicker, and stronger but the same ball playing credentials, Rice, Sergej Milinković-Savić, et al, 
But to fit all your attackers in you need to stick with 3 at the back, then we know the argument without pause...

18 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I think the dynamics of the team change if you get a better version of Jorgi, someone quicker, and stronger but the same ball playing credentials, Rice, Sergej Milinković-Savić, et al, 
But to fit all your attackers in you need to stick with 3 at the back, then we know the argument without pause...

I agree. I think if you replace Jorginho with a more mobile player it changes the complexion of the team. It also gives you more of an option to play with a two at the back and play another attacker without making the defence vulnerable.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

I agree. I think if you replace Jorginho with a more mobile player it changes the complexion of the team. It also gives you more of an option to play with a two at the back and play another attacker without making the defence vulnerable.

Yes we are getting there, between us we will change the views, cos i reckon TT reads this forum, lol

Edited by Ballack & Blu

There really aren't that many quality strikers out there that fit what we are looking for.  My list:

- Lewandowski.  World class, wrong side of 30, and unlikely to leave Bayern
- Mbappe.  Can't afford him
- Haaland.  If reports are true, he only has eyes on 2 or 3 clubs, despite us winning the CL.  Would be my pick
- Kane. Can't argue his goals record and finishing ability,  Unsure he'd come to Chelsea or they'd sell to us (City seems most likely)

That doesn't leave us with great options, especially with Giroud leaving and Tammy likely to follow.  Other options:

- Lukaku.  Doesn't do it for me, and would be somehwat underwhelmed
- Dybala.  Can't see him fitting in the PL that well, and not that prolific
- Persist with Werner, and give him competition from the likes of Andre Silva, or dare I say, Raul Jimenez.  Probably another underwhelming option

Options are quite slim.

11 hours ago, big blue said:

Abraham 

Havertz

Werner

Pulisic 

Mount

Ziyech

CHO

I might be the only one, but I don't really want to see anyone join us right now unless they are a true generational player like Haaland.

We have so much depth all over the park and it just feels silly to be bringing in players that aren't a substantial improvement over what we already have. I don't want us to fall back into the trap we did with Conte where we kept bringing in average players for above average fees, only to pass them on later at a loss.

11 hours ago, Scott said:

There's that lad up in Le*ds. 

#BamMan

Lord Bamford! There's a new option. 

I still can't believe he scored 17 goals this season. He was pretty widely regarded as a worse finisher than Werner in the Championship. 

Posted (edited)

The hate for Lukaku is unreal here ! We have been complaining about not scoring goals and not taking our chances all season and as soon as we are linked with Lukaku people dont want him ? He's a proven goals scorer EVERYWHERE he went, he's a leader, he's a bully wich is a profile we are missing up front and HES A CHELSEA FAN!!! He wants to be a blue, he admires Drogba! Cmon people, he might not be the next shiny new thing like Haaland or run fast like Mpabbé but he gets the job done! For me its a no brainer. A trio of Werner Havertz and Lukaku is perfect! all different profiles who brings something different to the table.

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

44 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

The hate for Lukaku is unreal here ! We have been complaining about not scoring goals and not taking our chances all season and as soon as we are linked with Lukaku people dont want him ? He's a proven goals scorer EVERYWHERE he went, he's a leader, he's a bully wich is a profile we are missing up front and HES A CHELSEA FAN!!! He wants to be a blue, he admires Drogba! Cmon people, he might not be the next shiny new thing like Haaland or run fast like Mpabbé but he gets the job done! For me its a no brainer. A trio of Werner Havertz and Lukaku is perfect! all different profiles who brings something different to the table.

I get your point, but the demographics has changed, were now the top club in Europe with the best manager, we can and should aim for the best players available, Lukaku is some way down that list imo. In fact i would put him behind Werner in terms of who defenders would rather face, so he would on the bench for most parts for me.

I agree, we need to make a bigger statement than lukaku, he is good but there area few better, also rumours liverpool linked to Patson Data, from Salzburg, could be a bit o a Klopp master stroke, his numbers are good..

On 31/05/2021 at 18:11, dansubrosa said:

Why would he go for Bayern when he can join the champions of Europe?

True, we should probably go all out for him this year whilst we can still say that (unless we pull it off again next year as well)

15 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I agree, we need to make a bigger statement than lukaku, he is good but there area few better, also rumours liverpool linked to Patson Data, from Salzburg, could be a bit o a Klopp master stroke, his numbers are good..

Listening to people wanting luka

16 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Listening to the talk of Lukaku coming here is like the talk of keeping  William last year. Utter joke, ask any gooner how that turned out. Unbelievable anyone would want him back. We’re champions of Europe ffs let’s behave like them.

On 31/05/2021 at 23:24, PhilH930 said:

There really aren't that many quality strikers out there that fit what we are looking for.  My list:

- Lewandowski.  World class, wrong side of 30, and unlikely to leave Bayern
- Mbappe.  Can't afford him
- Haaland.  If reports are true, he only has eyes on 2 or 3 clubs, despite us winning the CL.  Would be my pick
- Kane. Can't argue his goals record and finishing ability,  Unsure he'd come to Chelsea or they'd sell to us (City seems most likely)

That doesn't leave us with great options, especially with Giroud leaving and Tammy likely to follow.  Other options:

- Lukaku.  Doesn't do it for me, and would be somehwat underwhelmed
- Dybala.  Can't see him fitting in the PL that well, and not that prolific
- Persist with Werner, and give him competition from the likes of Andre Silva, or dare I say, Raul Jimenez.  Probably another underwhelming option

Options are quite slim.

With Ancelotti going back to Real I wouldn't mind us adding Calvert-Lewin