Next new Striker

Ballack & Blu

3 hours ago, Kev56 said:

Listening to people wanting luka

Listening to the talk of Lukaku coming here is like the talk of keeping  William last year. Utter joke, ask any gooner how that turned out. Unbelievable anyone would want him back. We’re champions of Europe ffs let’s behave like them.

I think it's safe to say that you haven't watched Lukaku at all over last 2 years.

Quite a comical comparison that, with Willian.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kev56 said:

Listening to the talk of Lukaku coming here is like the talk of keeping  William last year. Utter joke, ask any gooner how that turned out. Unbelievable anyone would want him back. We’re champions of Europe ffs let’s behave like them.

How can you compare Willian to Lukaku ?

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

6 hours ago, Kev56 said:

He was kind of young when he left with little first team experience, 

Not my first choice though think he will strengthen us if nothing better is available.

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

He was kind of young when he left with little first team experience, 

Not my first choice though think he will strengthen us if nothing better is available.

One thing about Lukaku - not sure if this is actually a positive or negative, prolly both - I guess he could be rotated more easily with Timo and Kai (or Mount) while a superstriker like Kane or Haaland would be expected to start more or less every game hence making it even more difficult to give all players sufficent time.

Lukaku has told Belgium TV he is staying at Inter.

Levy would not sell us his pi$$ if we were on fire let alone Kane.

Dortmund want Haaland to stay and he has made it clear through other sources he does not see us as a big club.

So that leaves taking a chance on none elite strikers again, however we need 1 body with Giroud and Tammy likely off. Premier league expierence would be ideal imo, so what are the option?

Raul Jimenez, before his injury a good option, though after it and if he has the legs to make it work in a TT system are big question marks.

Michele Antonio, I like him, pacey and a good finisher. Biggest problems is he gets injured often and West ham are being difficult over Declan Rice as it is.

PEA, TT knows him, he was at an elite level and good chance TT gets the best out of him, we couldn't, could we?

Ollie Watkins, he has a lot of good attributes but only one season at the top level, he seems a player that would work well under TT.

Patrick Bamford, less of an upside than Watkins imo, however he did have a good campaign for Leeds.

DCL and Richarlison, time is not to go for any Everton player we may see as a good addition to the squad. DCL will offer a more physical option still with good pace and work ethic, Richarlison is capable of brilliant things but la is consistancy, could TT unlock even more from them than Don Carlo?

Wilf Zaha, not a pure striker. Someone who has long wanted one more chances at the big time. Lacks the consistancy and work ethic imo to make it, however under TT you never know. He is capable of brilliant things and could be used in a 433 with mount going back deeper and Zaha alongside Havertz and Werner.

Danny Ings, really worth consideration. He has a good skill set, can score goals in multiple ways. An under rated player, would be really worth consideration.

Kenny Iheanacho, now this one is really interesting. Really strong end to his season, good worker, good finisher. This could be the sleeper signing we need. My personal pick.

3 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Dortmund want Haaland to stay and he has made it clear through other sources he does not see us as a big club.

So that leaves taking a chance on none elite strikers again, however we need 1 body with Giroud and Tammy likely off. Premier league expierence would be ideal imo, so what are the option?

Raul Jimenez, before his injury a good option, though after it and if he has the legs to make it work in a TT system are big question marks.

Michele Antonio, I like him, pacey and a good finisher. Biggest problems is he gets injured often and West ham are being difficult over Declan Rice as it is.

PEA, TT knows him, he was at an elite level and good chance TT gets the best out of him, we couldn't, could we?

Ollie Watkins, he has a lot of good attributes but only one season at the top level, he seems a player that would work well under TT.

Patrick Bamford, less of an upside than Watkins imo, however he did have a good campaign for Leeds.

DCL and Richarlison, time is not to go for any Everton player we may see as a good addition to the squad. DCL will offer a more physical option still with good pace and work ethic, Richarlison is capable of brilliant things but la is consistancy, could TT unlock even more from them than Don Carlo?

Wilf Zaha, not a pure striker. Someone who has long wanted one more chances at the big time. Lacks the consistancy and work ethic imo to make it, however under TT you never know. He is capable of brilliant things and could be used in a 433 with mount going back deeper and Zaha alongside Havertz and Werner.

Danny Ings, really worth consideration. He has a good skill set, can score goals in multiple ways. An under rated player, would be really worth consideration.

Kenny Iheanacho, now this one is really interesting. Really strong end to his season, good worker, good finisher. This could be the sleeper signing we need. My personal pick.

PXiH.gif

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

We won’t buy any of those strikers you list. At least that’s my bet. Good players all but not Chelsea players. 

3 hours ago, ozboy said:

We won’t buy any of those strikers you list. At least that’s my bet. Good players all but not Chelsea players. 

No dont expect us to, maybe more likely we try to get Sancho and stick with a false 9 next season.

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Haaland is still our priority target but some website reports that he wants some epic huge weekly wage so not sure how realistic that is...

Not only that, but Dortmund wont eat his agents fees, a deal to sign him would be astronomical on so many levels.

I wonder if we could solve this problem by using Armando Broja next season. He had a very good season for Vitesse. 

If we cannot get a top target and stick with Havertz and Werner as the main false 9 options Broja could be a good option from the bench, maybe he even impresses enough to start. Wonder if TT will take a close look at him. 

7 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Haaland is still our priority target but some website reports that he wants some epic huge weekly wage so not sure how realistic that is...

Knowing Raiola, we probably need to cough up 100m + 30m agent fees or something ridiculous with 300+k/wk.

Dortmund will fleece us but for Haaland, I think we knew from the start. Hopefully Marina can make some magic happen

14 minutes ago, Deino said:

Knowing Raiola, we probably need to cough up 100m + 30m agent fees or something ridiculous with 300+k/wk.

Dortmund will fleece us but for Haaland, I think we knew from the start. Hopefully Marina can make some magic happen

How? By hiring a hit man to take out Raiola?

Interesting how after 2012 we signed a big talent with the initials of E.H. and now we are supposedly after another E.H. talent after winning the CL again. We won't go broke if we give him a big contract we're not Uefalona.

14 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I wonder if we could solve this problem by using Armando Broja next season. He had a very good season for Vitesse. 

If we cannot get a top target and stick with Havertz and Werner as the main false 9 options Broja could be a good option from the bench, maybe he even impresses enough to start. Wonder if TT will take a close look at him. 

Even if Borja in the squad he probably won't play significant minutes, so we are back to square one. 

22 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Even if Borja in the squad he probably won't play significant minutes, so we are back to square one. 

Maybe, looked that way for James and Mount when TT first came. We know how that ended.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Maybe, looked that way for James and Mount when TT first came. We know how that ended.

Not sure you can compare Borja to James and Mount. Mount and James were already very2 good player when TT took over. James was our starting RB and Mount was our starting CM. 

I would be happy with two really good seasons from Lewandowski, he is a country mile better than Lukaku and probably Kane. I ignore Haaland as I believe he has already said he would not come to Chelsea.

4 hours ago, coombsie said:

I would be happy with two really good seasons from Lewandowski, he is a country mile better than Lukaku and probably Kane. I ignore Haaland as I believe he has already said he would not come to Chelsea.

Can't see Lewandowski coming unless Bayern drop him as number one striker, I thought Haaland might move there at one point though don't see it now.

4 hours ago, BordeauxBlue said:

DCL at Everton could be a possibility, with the managerial situation up in the air? 

Is he really an upgrade to Tammy? 

I'd take Ings "on the cheap". Lethal when fit. 

Don't see DCL leaving Merseyside, like him too and see him as an upgrade on Tammy though not by much.

I agree on Ings and see him as having a good football brain which is why I think he would be good when fit.