Jump to content

Recommended Posts


If we can't get Haaland, Inter's financial situation might lead us to looking at Lukaku or Lautauro Martinez. Both are very good center forwards and wouldn't be that much of a step down from Haaland.

Beyond that? I'm not sure. Isak is pretty good but he's not a clear upgrade from Abraham. Maybe Icardi? I'm not sure PSG would want to sell him though. I've seen some people mention Belotti, although I'm not very high on him.

Edited by PraetorianGuard
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/02/2021 at 18:53, PraetorianGuard said:

If we can't get Haaland, Inter's financial situation might lead us to looking at Lukaku or Lautauro Martinez. Both are very good center forwards and wouldn't be that much of a step down from Haaland.

Beyond that? I'm not sure. Isak is pretty good but he's not a clear upgrade from Abraham. Maybe Icardi? I'm not sure PSG would want to sell him though. I've seen some people mention Belotti, although I'm not very high on him.

Personally I would go both, chuck Giroud and Tammy their way with some cash.. 

Edited by Malcolm9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Random suggestion but if we can't sign Haaland. I could  see Depay as quite an attractive option as a striker. Similar profile to Werner in the sense that he can play on the wing and through the middle. 

If TT likes what he saw in the french league Depay could be a good shout to replace Giroud if he leaves. Due to his style he brings assists and goals which is something we are lacking at the moment. Add in the fact he would be for free and if it doesn't work out that's at least a £40m sale it could be a win win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Random suggestion but if we can't sign Haaland. I could  see Depay as quite an attractive option as a striker. Similar profile to Werner in the sense that he can play on the wing and through the middle. 

If TT likes what he saw in the french league Depay could be a good shout to replace Giroud if he leaves. Due to his style he brings assists and goals which is something we are lacking at the moment. Add in the fact he would be for free and if it doesn't work out that's at least a £40m sale it could be a win win.

I’m pretty sure Depay’s contract expires this summer, so we could get him for free. Would be excellent business, and I think he would do much better in a second stint in the PL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Random suggestion but if we can't sign Haaland. I could  see Depay as quite an attractive option as a striker. Similar profile to Werner in the sense that he can play on the wing and through the middle. 

If TT likes what he saw in the french league Depay could be a good shout to replace Giroud if he leaves. Due to his style he brings assists and goals which is something we are lacking at the moment. Add in the fact he would be for free and if it doesn't work out that's at least a £40m sale it could be a win win.

We have 8 attackers in the team 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're going to need a striker one way or the other. Especially if Giroud is leaving and with question marks over Tammy. Of those 8 attackers only 2-3 are out and out strikers so one way or the other we will at least target 1 more attacker this summer.

2 hours ago, Bob stark said:

We have 8 attackers in the team 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!