If we can't get Haaland, Inter's financial situation might lead us to looking at Lukaku or Lautauro Martinez. Both are very good center forwards and wouldn't be that much of a step down from Haaland.

Beyond that? I'm not sure. Isak is pretty good but he's not a clear upgrade from Abraham. Maybe Icardi? I'm not sure PSG would want to sell him though. I've seen some people mention Belotti, although I'm not very high on him.

Edited by PraetorianGuard
On 25/02/2021 at 18:53, PraetorianGuard said:

If we can't get Haaland, Inter's financial situation might lead us to looking at Lukaku or Lautauro Martinez. Both are very good center forwards and wouldn't be that much of a step down from Haaland.

Beyond that? I'm not sure. Isak is pretty good but he's not a clear upgrade from Abraham. Maybe Icardi? I'm not sure PSG would want to sell him though. I've seen some people mention Belotti, although I'm not very high on him.

Personally I would go both, chuck Giroud and Tammy their way with some cash.. 

Edited by Malcolm9

Random suggestion but if we can't sign Haaland. I could  see Depay as quite an attractive option as a striker. Similar profile to Werner in the sense that he can play on the wing and through the middle. 

If TT likes what he saw in the french league Depay could be a good shout to replace Giroud if he leaves. Due to his style he brings assists and goals which is something we are lacking at the moment. Add in the fact he would be for free and if it doesn't work out that's at least a £40m sale it could be a win win.

2 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Random suggestion but if we can't sign Haaland. I could  see Depay as quite an attractive option as a striker. Similar profile to Werner in the sense that he can play on the wing and through the middle. 

If TT likes what he saw in the french league Depay could be a good shout to replace Giroud if he leaves. Due to his style he brings assists and goals which is something we are lacking at the moment. Add in the fact he would be for free and if it doesn't work out that's at least a £40m sale it could be a win win.

I’m pretty sure Depay’s contract expires this summer, so we could get him for free. Would be excellent business, and I think he would do much better in a second stint in the PL.

32 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

We have 8 attackers in the team 

We're going to need a striker one way or the other. Especially if Giroud is leaving and with question marks over Tammy. Of those 8 attackers only 2-3 are out and out strikers so one way or the other we will at least target 1 more attacker this summer.

2 hours ago, Bob stark said:

We have 8 attackers in the team