Next new Striker

Ballack & Blu

If we can't get Haaland, Inter's financial situation might lead us to looking at Lukaku or Lautauro Martinez. Both are very good center forwards and wouldn't be that much of a step down from Haaland.

Beyond that? I'm not sure. Isak is pretty good but he's not a clear upgrade from Abraham. Maybe Icardi? I'm not sure PSG would want to sell him though. I've seen some people mention Belotti, although I'm not very high on him.

Edited by PraetorianGuard

On 25/02/2021 at 18:53, PraetorianGuard said:

If we can't get Haaland, Inter's financial situation might lead us to looking at Lukaku or Lautauro Martinez. Both are very good center forwards and wouldn't be that much of a step down from Haaland.

Beyond that? I'm not sure. Isak is pretty good but he's not a clear upgrade from Abraham. Maybe Icardi? I'm not sure PSG would want to sell him though. I've seen some people mention Belotti, although I'm not very high on him.

Personally I would go both, chuck Giroud and Tammy their way with some cash.. 

Edited by Malcolm9

Random suggestion but if we can't sign Haaland. I could  see Depay as quite an attractive option as a striker. Similar profile to Werner in the sense that he can play on the wing and through the middle. 

If TT likes what he saw in the french league Depay could be a good shout to replace Giroud if he leaves. Due to his style he brings assists and goals which is something we are lacking at the moment. Add in the fact he would be for free and if it doesn't work out that's at least a £40m sale it could be a win win.

2 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Random suggestion but if we can't sign Haaland. I could  see Depay as quite an attractive option as a striker. Similar profile to Werner in the sense that he can play on the wing and through the middle. 

If TT likes what he saw in the french league Depay could be a good shout to replace Giroud if he leaves. Due to his style he brings assists and goals which is something we are lacking at the moment. Add in the fact he would be for free and if it doesn't work out that's at least a £40m sale it could be a win win.

I’m pretty sure Depay’s contract expires this summer, so we could get him for free. Would be excellent business, and I think he would do much better in a second stint in the PL.

32 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

We have 8 attackers in the team 

We're going to need a striker one way or the other. Especially if Giroud is leaving and with question marks over Tammy. Of those 8 attackers only 2-3 are out and out strikers so one way or the other we will at least target 1 more attacker this summer.

2 hours ago, Bob stark said:

We have 8 attackers in the team 

On 25/02/2021 at 18:53, PraetorianGuard said:

The most underrated striker in Europe.Personally think he'd be a great signing and still only 27 the same age drogba was when he first signed for us.

9 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

We're going to need a striker one way or the other. Especially if Giroud is leaving and with question marks over Tammy. Of those 8 attackers only 2-3 are out and out strikers so one way or the other we will at least target 1 more attacker this summer.

I consider tammy as good but let say you consider him as backup no problem,and I assume Giroud is gone. We still have 7 attackers. You want another striker no problem that mean you want to play with two st format and probably ziyech and puli need to be moved. 

If we're honest, noting that Haaland is a level above us and will be going to a club of that ilk (unless we pull off a miracle and win the Big Ears). There isn't much else that is really an upgrade on what we have. 

For me Giroud is still making a contribution and Tammy is doing all that can be asked of him. 

If we were seeking a replacement for Giroud, then we'd probably be looking at the likes of Daka from Salzburg or (cover your eyes Rangers fans) maybe even Edouard from Celtic, who seems to have a good all round game and is scoring in Europe as well as Scotland. 

3 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

If we're honest, noting that Haaland is a level above us and will be going to a club of that ilk (unless we pull off a miracle and win the Big Ears). There isn't much else that is really an upgrade on what we have. 

For me Giroud is still making a contribution and Tammy is doing all that can be asked of him. 

If we were seeking a replacement for Giroud, then we'd probably be looking at the likes of Daka from Salzburg or (cover your eyes Rangers fans) maybe even Edouard from Celtic, who seems to have a good all round game and is scoring in Europe as well as Scotland. 

If by a level above us you mean Real Madrid or Barcelona both of those clubs are on the verge of bankruptcy.Would be very surprised if either could afford to fork out the apparent 150million asking price for haaland.

Other than that it's Man City or Bayern Munich or possibly Man Utd if they actually dicided to spent something.Chelsea are in a very good position financially compared to other clubs that some people seem to think are a level above us.

There's also been a number of players mentioned on this page that are an upgrade on what we already have up front.And just a reminder that the levels of football being played in Scotland are no where near the premier league level so to think a player like edouard could come to England and start banging in goals in the premier league just because he's doing it in Scotland is laughable.

14 hours ago, Ray_Cfc said:

The most underrated striker in Europe.Personally think he'd be a great signing and still only 27 the same age drogba was when he first signed for us.

Thing is Lukaku is not the Drogba type. He's a striker that needs to be carried by the team, we on the other hand need a striker that can in moments, singlehandedly win the games for us.

10 hours ago, Ray_Cfc said:

If by a level above us you mean Real Madrid or Barcelona both of those clubs are on the verge of bankruptcy.Would be very surprised if either could afford to fork out the apparent 150million asking price for haaland.

Other than that it's Man City or Bayern Munich or possibly Man Utd if they actually dicided to spent something.Chelsea are in a very good position financially compared to other clubs that some people seem to think are a level above us.

There's also been a number of players mentioned on this page that are an upgrade on what we already have up front.And just a reminder that the levels of football being played in Scotland are no where near the premier league level so to think a player like edouard could come to England and start banging in goals in the premier league just because he's doing it in Scotland is laughable.

Well a couple of points to be made on that. My point was not financial. It's about clubs that will compete at the highest table for CL wins. We are currently not among that group. Bayern, PSG, Juve, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City and Liverpool are at a level above us in terms of attracting top players. If you're the best young striker in Europe you're going to a club where you can win everything not one who yo-yo in and out of the top 4 like us recently. That's before we start talking about FFP and our ability to comply noting our huge summer last year and the fact that Raiola will want as much in agent fees as the transfer is worth.

Second point on Edouard is that he has scored in Europe as well, CL and EL. No one is silly enough to think that goals in Scotland translate into England. But goals in Europe are impressive. I'd also suggest that when Leicester are in for a player, take notice. Right there with Liverpool as the best recruitment team in the PL.

45 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Sod it lets get Aguero in, out of contract in the summer

If City are playing Jesus Aguero can not be right, we seem to have a thing for buying injured players. Unless he clearly gets his fitness back I would stay well clear.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

If City are playing Jesus Aguero can not be right, we seem to have a thing for buying injured players. Unless he clearly gets his fitness back I would stay well clear.

You do realise Aguero has been on the bench for the last 7 matches and been back for a month. I’m pretty sure Pep isn’t stupid enough to just have an injured player on the bench for the sake of it with the sackful of riches at his disposal. I do believe Pep wanted to bring Aguero back slowly and they are walking the league so that makes things easier but there has always been rumours around Pep and Aguero. Also abit wierd Pep didn’t even use him in the most desperate of situations like the Utd game.

We wouldn’t be getting him anyway but I would certainly take him and his nearly take a year out of football.

17 hours ago, Ernie_blue said:

Sod it lets get Aguero in, out of contract in the summer

Would rather we had got him when we had the chance, back in 2011. God that bugs me so much we never got him. He and David Silva. We instead let them go to City with little challenge. 

2 hours ago, enigma said:

Would rather we had got him when we had the chance, back in 2011. God that bugs me so much we never got him. He and David Silva. We instead let them go to City with little challenge. 

You reminded me of how close we was to getting him so i had a look back. Seems like we was interested in 2010 and he was interested in us and then in 2011. Then wasted a load of money on Torres.

19 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Should of bought the 'Biter' was just starting to produce the goods at Ajax

The Dutch league's top scorers ... for us it was probably a case of "once bitten" (Kezman), twice shy ? 🙂

With Kai's recent performance as a false 9 maybe we don't need another striker. If Giroud can be productive for one more year and Abraham ends up signing the extension maybe we'll give them another season before signing an out and out top tier number 9. 

I think we will need to watch as the season ramps up to an end as to how we do offensively.

Giroud will want a move if he is not played much, understandably and then we have the question of Werner.

I suspect we will see another face next season.