Next new Striker

Ballack & Blu

On 05/06/2021 at 04:43, Gol15 said:

Reports say Liverpool are aiming to sign a 21 year old Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina that scored 20 goals in Serie A this season.

Goals per shot on Target:

Vlahovic : 0.47 (3rd highest)
Lewandowski : 0.65
Kane : 0.41
Lukaku : 0.40
Haaland : 0.51
Benzema : 0.43

Maybe we should take a look?

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I have this strong opinion that T.Silva is the only real quality CB for a back 4 formation so we need another world class CB if we want to challenge for the title in the near future.

Haaland would be an amazing signing but if we can't meet his demands then maybe it's not the end of the world if Tuchel puts some trust into Tammy as a backup next season and in all honesty Sancho wouldn't be that much cheaper but the chances that he flops are equally low, imagine this attack and midfield in a 4-3-3:

Pulisic  Havertz  Sancho

Mount      Kante
               Rice

200m for Sancho + Rice looks better to me than 150m for Haaland only both for the short and long term.

It does seem strange we are not appearing to be in for Sancho,  who is a Chelsea fan and a real talent.

11 hours ago, petre ispirescu said:

Wow Izzy Brown is 24 already, feels like it was yesterday he was the most sought after youngster in the PL making his debut for West Brom. And those Mourinho comments on him, Baker and Solanke... Not only they are crap, they can't even get a sniff at a PL club, let alone England NT.

Izzy has been unlucky with injuries, but I never thought he would make the grade at us. He was a kind of a jack of all trades but master of none. We also gave him a big contract at an early age. He was on like £30k p/w as soon as he turned 18, which was a lot at the time. So maybe the high wages he received got him way over his head a little bit and lacked the huge motivation. Girls, cars etc, he was living the young lavish footballer life. But yeah, although he excelled for our youth teams, I did not have faith in him making the step up. Due to a succession of injuries, his career is in danger of petering out as he struggled to get into a relegated Sheffield Wednesday team all season. So one must wonder where his ceiling is now at.

Baker was a victim of too many loans. Like Mount, he was brilliant at Vitesse and I am sure got POTS there. Then we sent him on loan to Championship teams and he just did not have the desired effect. A shame because he was outstanding for both youth and U23 teams. Was ambidextrous also which is very rare. It is a shame as he looked the real deal.

If any of them will make it to prem level, most likely be Solanke. Has found his goalscoring feet at Bournemouth albeit in Championship. But yeah, wow how time flies. I remember watching our U18 rip it up with likes of Brown, Musonda, Boga and Solanke/Abraham. The youth team were so good.

9 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Haaland would be an amazing signing but if we can't meet his demands then maybe it's not the end of the world if Tuchel puts some trust into Tammy as a backup next season and in all honesty Sancho wouldn't be that much cheaper but the chances that he flops are equally low, imagine this attack and midfield in a 4-3-3:

Tuchel clearly doesn't like or rate Abraham. Tammy's Chelsea career is as good as finished following Tuchel's contract extention. 

Sancho is likely to join United. But in truth last thing we need is to sign another attacking midfielder/winger, we're overstocked as it is. 

I would be extremely surprised if we neglected to sign a striker. If Haaland doesn't happen then we're going to at least approach Spurs for Kane (even though I think that's a non-starter). 

At the moment anyone could improve us so even signing someone like Danny Ings would be a step in the right direction. 

Any striker who could get 15 league goals is going to be a target. 

6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

It does seem strange we are not appearing to be in for Sancho,  who is a Chelsea fan and a real talent.

Any interest in Sacho likely went out of the window when we handed CHO that 5 year contract and bumper pay rise. 

We already have CHO, Pulisic and Ziyech as wingers. Then you've got Werner, Mount and Havertz who can play wide as well. 

I just don't see a justification or need to drop £80m on the position we have most depth in when there's at least 3 other areas of the team we should prioritise over the wingers. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Tuchel clearly doesn't like or rate Abraham. Tammy's Chelsea career is as good as finished following Tuchel's contract extention. 

Sancho is likely to join United. But in truth last thing we need is to sign another attacking midfielder/winger, we're overstocked as it is. 

I would be extremely surprised if we neglected to sign a striker. If Haaland doesn't happen then we're going to at least approach Spurs for Kane (even though I think that's a non-starter). 

At the moment anyone could improve us so even signing someone like Danny Ings would be a step in the right direction. 

I was thinking about Danny Ings the other day, but he is very injury prone. I would rather keep Abraham than sell him and replace him with Ings, makes little sense in the long term.

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Any interest in Sacho likely went out of the window when we handed CHO that 5 year contract and bumper pay rise. 

We already have CHO, Pulisic and Ziyech as wingers. Then you've got Werner, Mount and Havertz who can play wide as well. 

I just don't see a justification or need to drop £80m on the position we have most depth in when there's at least 3 other areas of the team we should prioritise over the wingers. 

There is talk of Ziyech being available for transfer, i think CHO needs a loan, plus he has been mainly used as a RWB. He has played better there.

1 minute ago, jack_super_class said:

I was thinking about Danny Ings the other day, but he is very injury prone. I would rather keep Abraham than sell him and replace him with Ings, makes little sense in the long term.

Completely agree and I've been baffled by Abraham being given the cold shoulder but it is what it is.Tuchel has clearly made his mind up about him. 

I only use Ings as an example of a player with a respectable scoring record who would likely be obtainable. 

Villareal's Gérard Moreno is another, scored a lot of goals this year. 30 goals and 11 assists in 46 appearances. 

But I still think we're going to go all in for Haaland or Kane. 

7 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

There is talk of Ziyech being available for transfer, i think CHO needs a loan, plus he has been mainly used as a RWB. He has played better there.

Ziyech has been linked with Napoli I think so no doubt it'd be a loan with option to buy like nearly all deals with Italian clubs. 

I just can't see a need for going for Sancho when we've got such good options on the wings already. 

For the money it would take to sign him going for Declan Rice would be a better investment in my opinion. 

But above all else we have to sign a striker. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Completely agree and I've been baffled by Abraham being given the cold shoulder but it is what it is.Tuchel has clearly made his mind up about him. 

I only use Ings as an example of a player with a respectable scoring record who would likely be obtainable. 

Villareal's Gérard Moreno is another, scored a lot of goals this year. 30 goals and 11 assists in 46 appearances. 

But I still think we're going to go all in for Haaland or Kane. 

Thats exactly why i was thinking Danny Ings, he would be fairly cheap too. But i would rather just keep Abraham. There is also Andre Silva at Frankfurt. I still dont think the Lukaku deal is completely dead. I dont see us getting Haaland or Kane though, I hope we dont waste our money and end up buying someone just for the sake of it. If we cant get the striker we want, save the money until they do. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

But I still think we're going to go all in for Haaland or Kane

I assume the whole Conte fiasco at Tottenham can only have strengthened Kane's desire to leave. Had Conte arrived I can imagine he may have been convinced to give it one last shot but at this point he must be absolutely desperate to leave.

Have a funny feeling we'll come in with a big bid for him post Euros. Followed by a lot of drama and back and fourth in the media and Kane going on record again that he wants to go.

Just now, Sindre said:

I assume the whole Conte fiasco at Tottenham can only have strengthened Kane's desire to leave. Had Conte arrived I can imagine he may have been convinced to give it one last shot but at this point he must be absolutely desperate to leave.

Have a funny feeling we'll come in with a big bid for him post Euros. Followed by a lot of drama and back and fourth in the media and Kane going on record again that he wants to go.

I see it the same with Kane and now expect City to acquire him.

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

We would be wasting our time. Modric badly wanted to join us, Levy blocked it and if he cashed in on Kane he would have options other than to sell to us.

Any efforts to sign Haaland are a waste of time too imo. Dortmund do not wish to sell, his agent will take a huge fee and Haaland himself let it be known, off the record, to the media he does not see us as a big club and is looking to join a City, United, Barca, Real etc.

7 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

We would be wasting our time. Modric badly wanted to join us, Levy blocked it and if he cashed in on Kane he would have options other than to sell to us.

Any efforts to sign Haaland are a waste of time too imo. Dortmund do not wish to sell, his agent will take a huge fee and Haaland himself let it be known, off the record, to the media he does not see us as a big club and is looking to join a City, United, Barca, Real etc.

I know. It's unlikely but the climate is different now compared to Modric.

They need the money this time. So if we outbid City by a significant amount and Kane wants to go to us I am not 100% sure they can say no.

10 hours ago, BelgradeCFC said:

He does seem to have a good left foot, but no right foot I could see. Also very difficult to tell about pace, hold up play. He has one excellent season with Fiorentina. How do you compare that with say Tammy?  

Posted (edited)

Now I'm having second thoughts on do we really need a striker signing this season. Had Jimenez not been injured, he'd be a good enough striker for a relatively low price.

To me in the current window, there is an abundance of good CM that can be bought for below 60m like Tielemans, Ndidi, Bissouma, Rice, Neves etc. Could we afford getting into a transfer battle with Levy/Dortmund and missed out on some fantastic talents in the middle? Since Leicester just bought Soumare, surely we can enter negotiations with them to get a quick deal done

Edited by Deino

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

I know. It's unlikely but the climate is different now compared to Modric.

They need the money this time. So if we outbid City by a significant amount and Kane wants to go to us I am not 100% sure they can say no.

With levy there who would cut of his nose to spite Hhimself as long as it stuck it too us I am sure he will say no.

1 hour ago, Deino said:

Now I'm having second thoughts on do we really need a striker signing this season. Had Jimenez not been injured, he'd be a good enough striker for a relatively low price.

To me in the current window, there is an abundance of good CM that can be bought for below 60m like Tielemans, Ndidi, Bissouma, Rice, Neves etc. Could we afford getting into a transfer battle with Levy/Dortmund and missed out on some fantastic talents in the middle? Since Leicester just bought Soumare, surely we can enter negotiations with them to get a quick deal done

Personally of that list I would leave Leicester alone and go for Rice and Neves. Allow Gilmour a season on loan playing week in and week out. Will do him the world of good.

I still think Belotti is the best option that’s currently available. Mourinho is after him. Will likely cost only 20 - 25m. These days that’s not a big risk. He’s a bull upfront. Consistently scores in a poor side and when Torino were good he put in a great season. He’s their captain and has leadership qualities. 

It will be interesting to see what happens at the Euros. There’s going to be a few lesser big names that will shine and Belotti could be one of them if immobile has a weak start. If we want someone to score 15+ goals a season then he’s a no brainer. This is all if we can’t land someone like Haaland and if Tuchel still doesn’t rate Tammy. 

8 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

To have 3 wingers isn't really that much because CHO is just 20 years old, Pulisic has a history of injuries and Ziyech a bit underwhelming despite being a great passer.

To have 3 strikers is too much when you're about to buy 1 more though and we basically have 4: Werner, Giroud, Tammy, Havertz. Buying a 5th one means we should sell Giroud and Tammy and then let Werner and Havertz to fight for the starting lineup along with the newest one.

What are our realistic chances of signing Haaland for 150m and giving him a 500k wage, or signing Kane for that matter in comparison to signing Sancho? If Man United wants Sancho we could hijack that deal at this point in time but if Real Madrid wants Haaland he's most likely going to choose them over us.

Tammy scored 15 goals last season already, this one he scored 6 in less than half the time in comparison so he's definitely capable of getting to that number in the league.

On 05/06/2021 at 16:16, doctorblue said:

I suppose you can add to that list Loftus Cheek, Gallagher, Ampadu, Brown, Kenedy, Baker, Zappacosta, Miazaga, van Ginkel, Moses...

So you are thinking - keep Drinkwater ? 😉

10 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Ziyech has been linked with Napoli I think so no doubt it'd be a loan with option to buy like nearly all deals with Italian clubs. 

I just can't see a need for going for Sancho when we've got such good options on the wings already. 

For the money it would take to sign him going for Declan Rice would be a better investment in my opinion. 

But above all else we have to sign a striker. 

What options? Our best option on the wing is probably Werner. Pulisic I have my suspicions about, he has never hit double figures for either goals or assists and has been playing for 5 years. Sancho has scored more goals & assists in the last 2 than Pulisic in his whole career. You compare our options with our rivals and we are light years behind. Utd adding Sancho to Rashford and Greenwood is a scary prospect when they also have Fernandes who can hit double figures in goals & assists.