Next new Striker

Ballack & Blu

God I really hope this doesn’t go down for the figures being bandied about. €200m transfer plus agent and £500k/week. 
Not my money so why should I care but these are laughable figures and would cause much disharmony throughout the squad. He’s only had one good season in top league and is not a certainty no matter how he looks on YouTube which admittedly looks f**king good.

Hope we walk away from this because as sure as hell no one else will be knocking down Dortmunds door at these rates.

34 minutes ago, goose said:

God I really hope this doesn’t go down for the figures being bandied about. €200m transfer plus agent and £500k/week. 
Not my money so why should I care but these are laughable figures and would cause much disharmony throughout the squad. He’s only had one good season in top league and is not a certainty no matter how he looks on YouTube which admittedly looks f**king good.

Hope we walk away from this because as sure as hell no one else will be knocking down Dortmunds door at these rates.

Agreed. Is not our money so Roman can do as he pleases. Just hope someone explains to him that the knock on effects would be for 1 or 2 seasons of him before he whines for real 

Posted (edited)

I would be ok with Haaland for 100m-110m | 300k-350k wages. 150m-200m and 500k wages is just crazy for a player with huge potential, but can be very inconcistent in his performances. I remember a run of like 10 games where he didn't score. On sunday against Greece, he was strolling around, not bothered to initiate any press and had like 3 touches of the ball.

For 150m-200m we could buy:

Coman (50m-60m) or Sancho (80m)

Kessie (30m-40m) or Rice (100m)

Patson Daka (15m-20m)  https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2021/06/07/patson-daka-hints-at-chelsea-transfer-with-latest-social-media-activity/

* Hakimi (60m-70m), if we buy Coman, Kessie, Daka.

Next year we can try get Haaland much cheaper (65m-70m), Mbappe or some other striker that has had a very good season.

Edited by comtrend

Seems like a huge amount of figures. Given Kante is our top earner on £290 p/w, how do the club justify £500 p/w? Probably a matter of time that he would want to go to Real as well. 

Also, given our record of ruining strikers, i don’t have much confidence 

Of course if there is any 4ruth in this at all and it doesn't happen now for whatever reason,  it should at least show that we have the muscle to go in big. So an offer for Mbappe or Lewandoski shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility 

3 hours ago, comtrend said:

150m-200m and 500k wages is just crazy for a player with huge potential

That truly is CRAZY money to put on a 20 year old.

I honestly don't think we're going to see Neymar kind of money (inflation adjusted) any time soon.

He could turn out to be a major flop in the EPL.

1 hour ago, WhiteWall said:

Of course if there is any 4ruth in this at all and it doesn't happen now for whatever reason,  it should at least show that we have the muscle to go in big. So an offer for Mbappe or Lewandoski shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility 

Roman can spend however much he wants when he really wants somebody. Like he did when he really wanted Torres.

4 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Rumours we are testing the water with Haaland as the maximum they will get from a sale next season is £68m.

W e are offering a cash + player swap with Tammy as the bait.

80m plus Abraham imo.

If we bid anything over 100million, Dortmund will be forced to accept otherwise they risk losing that money next summer since they will be forced to sell him at a much cheaper price next summer. The only thing that can hinder this move IMO is his agent and the wages being discussed. 

On 07/06/2021 at 11:54, Argo said:

I'm not as fixated on a striker as many despite the records of our players last season.

I think there's a lot of mitigating circumstances. Havertz with very bad Covid then returning when we were at the meltdown period under Frank, Werner having a few weeks of bad misses which then escalated, Pulisic injured for most of the early part of the season and then returning in the Frank meltdown period, Ziyech losing his momentum he was building before injury, and not to mention three were in their first season and before Tuchel arrived weren't getting coaching to the required level they needed at this level. I don't think it's unreasonable to think those four and Mount (possibly CHO too) will all improve by atleast 4/5 league goals next season which will effectively be new striker numbers.

I have enjoyed the fluidity that's been building with Kai as the false 9 and I think we are onto something going forward. An out and out striker could potentially put us backwards in our evolution even if he offers impressive numbers, ofcourse the main person I'm referring too is Lukaku but even with Haaland I can't help but look at the fact BVB have got worse despite his unbelievable personal numbers.

I agree with all those mitigating circumstances for our new recruits and I also think they will improve. However, I'm not sure I agree that we would go backwards with another striker. I actually think the opposite. After watching multiple matches like the arsenal game where we struggled to break down teams that parked the bus, this team is screaming for a striker that can do more than just run down channels. We need someone that isnt afraid to bully defenders, hold up the ball, and bring something different that we lacked last season. Kai might be able to do that and more, but he's never going to be able to do it as well as a natural striker. If we go into next season with the same attack its just going to be a repeat of us winning against bigger teams/teams that play a high line and dropping points against teams that play deep and park the bus. It might be enough for us to get into the top four, but I don't think it will be enough for us to win the league.

On 08/06/2021 at 21:27, Frankie8Lampard said:

If we bid anything over 100million, Dortmund will be forced to accept otherwise they risk losing that money next summer since they will be forced to sell him at a much cheaper price next summer. The only thing that can hinder this move IMO is his agent and the wages being discussed. 

We need to sell on some squad players to fund this...

1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

We need to sell on some squad players to fund this...

We just won the Champions League, we won't be shy of money along with a few player sales.

Frank is back in for the Palace job if the Rumour mill has any truth to it, could see the odd surplus player going to Palace under his lead.

Perhaps Zouma as Frank liked a back 4 and maybe Gilmour on a loan.

1 hour ago, Malcolm9 said:

We just won the Champions League, we won't be shy of money along with a few player sales.

Probably only made £80m from willing CL so will need to clear some of the chaff...

53 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Frank is back in for the Palace job if the Rumour mill has any truth to it, could see the odd surplus player going to Palace under his lead.

Perhaps Zouma as Frank liked a back 4 and maybe Gilmour on a loan.

Only 1 PL loan allowed...