Next new Striker

Ballack & Blu

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

If we play Tammy, the Champions League Winners will be playing a striker that has a habit of tripping over his own feet, and missing some sitters.

We played a st who missed 3 chances in CL final 

29 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

We played a st who missed 3 chances in CL final 

Yes indeed, yet we play him not only for his goals yet because he stretches the play.

It would be good if he could also take his chances and I would be keen to move him on if this persists and we have an adequate replacement that can stratch the play and also finish decent chances. 

We live in hope.

23 hours ago, Sindre said:

Perhaps Griezmann will be an option.

Barcelona are in a desperate situation and need to lower their wage bill by 40% (About 200 million euros) and are apparantly prepared to let Griezmann go for a symbolic amount. 

Possibly our best option. Haaland perhaps too difficult to get done, Lukaku no thanks, Harry Kane no chance.

Will be interesting to see if there’s any developments over next few weeks.

Not against Ings at a decent price and wage as a plan b/safety net incase Kai doesn't start firing although his injury record is a worry as touched up on.

10 hours ago, Gol15 said:

After this Euro I think Kane won't go anywhere as his price is probably the same as Haaland's right now...

E5uZ4jNXMAUFpMd?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I don't think there will be many takers, undoubtedly one of the top strikers yet just a little on the old side now (28 this month) and Levy won't sell at a decent price.

Kane signed a 5 year contract, seems unwise with hindsight contrast that with the Saints offering Ings a 4 year contract. 

28 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

28 is old? 

For some 28 is old for others not the case.

Kane shuffled around most of this tournament. He has good touches when he gets on the ball, yet is static most of the time.

37 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Top 3 goal scorers in Europe last season (age in brackets). 

Lewandowski (32) - 41 goals

Messi (34) - 30 goals

Ronaldo (36) - 29 goals

I would say they are the exceptions yet also add our European counterparts often go on longer, perhaps the Mediterranean diet is/was a factor. Also they play for the strongest teams in their leagues except maybe Barca where the team has been set up for Messi.

I was disappointed with Ronaldo in the Euros looked sluggish to me. 

Still not the most popular opinion but, as the days go by I'm caring less and less about signing anyone. I've come to the conclusion that the transfer market is volatile just like all other markets at the moment (here's looking at you stocks). 

We have such a good squad and I truly believe in Tuchel as a coach. At least previously when we failed to capitalise on winning a major title the board could be blamed. This time I think they've tried and it just really isn't a buying market right now. It is a market for sellers but not of premium players. 

I refuse to believe between Timo, Kai, Pulisic & Tammy we don't have a regular goalscorer there. I've seen all of them score elite goals, yes even Tammy some of his goals look easy and simple but, he has good technique. 

We have good playmakers Mount, Callum, Pulisic, Werner, Kai and Ziyech. I refuse to believe our season rests on us spending £100m+ to sign a striker. 

Man City made it to the UCL finals and won the prem without a recognised striker, Liverpool won the UCL and the prem with a false 9 using inside fwds as their primary goal scorers and Firmino chipped in also. 

Haaland, Kane and Lukaku are great players as is Lewandowski. I just don't think our season is a disaster if we go in without any of these 4 men. I'm still rather disappointed we haven't been able to unearth a hidden gem. The Daka to Leicester signing seems underrated to me. I can't remember the last time we signed a practical nobody (not saying Daka is) and they turned into a superstar with us.

10 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Still not the most popular opinion but, as the days go by I'm caring less and less about signing anyone. I've come to the conclusion that the transfer market is volatile just like all other markets at the moment (here's looking at you stocks). 

We have such a good squad and I truly believe in Tuchel as a coach. At least previously when we failed to capitalise on winning a major title the board could be blamed. This time I think they've tried and it just really isn't a buying market right now. It is a market for sellers but not of premium players. 

I refuse to believe between Timo, Kai, Pulisic & Tammy we don't have a regular goalscorer there. I've seen all of them score elite goals, yes even Tammy some of his goals look easy and simple but, he has good technique. 

We have good playmakers Mount, Callum, Pulisic, Werner, Kai and Ziyech. I refuse to believe our season rests on us spending £100m+ to sign a striker. 

Man City made it to the UCL finals and won the prem without a recognised striker, Liverpool won the UCL and the prem with a false 9 using inside fwds as their primary goal scorers and Firmino chipped in also. 

Haaland, Kane and Lukaku are great players as is Lewandowski. I just don't think our season is a disaster if we go in without any of these 4 men. I'm still rather disappointed we haven't been able to unearth a hidden gem. The Daka to Leicester signing seems underrated to me. I can't remember the last time we signed a practical nobody (not saying Daka is) and they turned into a superstar with us.

I agree we have a good squad and can expect some improvement from our forward players. That said, you should never stop trying to improve. The league table shows we are behind City, Utd and Liverpool. We have done nothing to close the gap and as it stands, Utd have moved further ahead with the signing of Sancho (although ultimately I believe Ole is their weak link). Spurs are likely to keep Kane and add some solid players (Kounde and Ings according to Telegraph).  

Utd seem quite likely to add Varane too (at a reasonable price by all accounts), who I would love to have over Rudiger, Azpi and Zouma as a CB option. So there are top class players available, we just don't seem to be in on them. Hakimi, Varane and Sancho - either of those would have walked into our first 11.

Fingers crossed the club know better than me anyway. And if we managed to get Haaland, I guess we shouldn't expect anymore signings for some time 🙂 (although it's never going to happen imo).

Look, I'm not trying to sound greedy and down on the current squad - it's amazing we are the CL champions and that's credit to the current players. I'm just flagging you should never stand still, it has massively cost us in previous seasons, which is why so many on here are slightly nervous I think.   

8 hours ago, ozboy said:

We will replace Giroud  and Gilmour. To date this is the most boring transfer season I can recall from a chelsea point of view. We are not firmly linked with anyone. 

Just proves it all media bollox anyway. After the CL final we were linked with just about every available player. A didn't go past where we were not pretty near the top of the Gossip pages. But it in reality it had feck all to do with the club or reality. Just a load of newspaper and media people with no proper work to do, sitting around thinking up what they think we need and then creating false links.  What have bene the actual verified bids. Did we actually bid for Hakimi in the end, it all got a bit murky. have we actually mad an official bid for Haaland yet.

On 14/07/2021 at 15:11, Adamrb said:

I agree we have a good squad and can expect some improvement from our forward players. That said, you should never stop trying to improve. The league table shows we are behind City, Utd and Liverpool. We have done nothing to close the gap and as it stands, Utd have moved further ahead with the signing of Sancho (although ultimately I believe Ole is their weak link). Spurs are likely to keep Kane and add some solid players (Kounde and Ings according to Telegraph).  

Utd seem quite likely to add Varane too (at a reasonable price by all accounts), who I would love to have over Rudiger, Azpi and Zouma as a CB option. So there are top class players available, we just don't seem to be in on them. Hakimi, Varane and Sancho - either of those would have walked into our first 11.

Fingers crossed the club know better than me anyway. And if we managed to get Haaland, I guess we shouldn't expect anymore signings for some time 🙂 (although it's never going to happen imo).

Look, I'm not trying to sound greedy and down on the current squad - it's amazing we are the CL champions and that's credit to the current players. I'm just flagging you should never stand still, it has massively cost us in previous seasons, which is why so many on here are slightly nervous I think.   

I lost interest in when you said Varane would walk into the first 11. Have you seen him play lately?  Constantly making game losing decisions. Losing attackers, ill timed tackles, not picking up runners.  Ramos made him look good at RM. 

I know we still have quite a bit of the transfer window left and that Euro's only just finished, but ... this is looking fairly weird.

We are about to sell Giroud and there has been enough noises about Tammy being offered round to make it fairly awkward to keep him. So either all of those noises are complete bollocks - could be, but ... but ... so many noises...

Or we don't have any backup options right now and the market is a little dry. I mean leaving aside all the heated debates about whether or not Werner / Kai / Pulisic (?) are a good enough combo as a 1st choice - we are going to play 4 competitions. There will be injuries. We need somebody, don't we?  If not the all-conquering mega-star, then at least somebody to play Swindon in the FA cup.