Jump to content

Next new Striker


Ballack & Blu
 Share

Recommended Posts


7 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

There seems no urgency to get anyone in and integrate, will we go all in on Kane, ain’t much difference from what BvB want for Haaland?

Not a chance, Levy would demand £200m from us, spiteful s**t

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If rumours are to be believed £130m offer for Haaland rejected and Inter have put a £102m price on Lukaku............. :smile:

With Sancho now a Utd player I think City need to act and suggest either Grealish or Kane. I don't think they will meet Spurs valuation either.

Leverkusan reject Villa bid for Leon Bailey.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


24 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

If rumours are to be believed £130m offer for Haaland rejected and Inter have put a £102m price on Lukaku............. :smile:

With Sancho now a Utd player I think City need to act and suggest either Grealish or Kane. I don't think they will meet Spurs valuation either.

Leverkusan reject Villa bid for Leon Bailey.

 

 

 

If true we need to move on and stop wasting time, god we have done this in the past and spent most of window chasing a player for nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TheGreatestGame said:

I would take 3 years of Lewandowski for $40 million and flip Tammy to the highest bidder. Then go after Carnavinga who is the box to box midfielder the club needs. 

That can’t be the rumored price for Lewandowski, can it? Even at his age, I’d guess in the market he’d go for double that.

Regardless, if there’s no deal to be done for Haaland and Lewandowski is open to a new challenge, he’s EASILY the best option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


seen some united links with halland and a martial swap offer ..possibly BS..

hope we dont buy martial to help them fund a move for halland...lol... thinking of the worst case scenario...no panic yet!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many on twitter suddenly saying that we are open to swap Werner for Haaland and reports say that Mbappe wants to leave PSG for Real Madrid next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Many on twitter suddenly saying that we are open to swap Werner for Haaland and reports say that Mbappe wants to leave PSG for Real Madrid next season.

Second half of that I can see for sure. 

Only he will form a dream strike pair for Real with Haaland. See if it delivers the big trophies that he and Neymar have failed to do for PSG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I hear conflicting reports from the media everyday regarding a lot of players and clubs. Apparently Arsenal are enquiring about Martinez from Inter. Supposedly no one else was for sale from Inter however, his asking price is apparently £77m and they would listen to offers.

I can't see him going from Inter to Arsenal but, stranger things have happened.

On the one hand that's a lot of money and he may not work out if we did go in for him, on the other I'd argue he's a top top player and anything less than £80m should be considered a bargain if that's what he's going for (has only 2 years left including this up coming season). Thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am still not convinced of Lukaku. He is certainly improved but the difference of level in the Prem and Serie A is a big one. 

If we have to pay over 100m of someone I only trust Haaland. Kane is an impossibility anyway and even for him it is a ton. He is close to being 30. If you buy big, make it in an investment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/07/2021 at 07:18, abramovich said:

I have a bad feeling at the end of the long wait we'll just end up paying a fortune for Lukaku.

I am getting worried about this possibility too...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think we will sign a striker, none of our primary targets seem motivated to want to move. All the clubs that would sell are neither in a position where they have to, or even want to sell. I personally see this as a blessing is disguise.

Tammy hasn't done much to convince me he is our solution but I would be willing to let him try.

Aside from him presuming he does stay or even if he doesn't we still have 3 other options. 

Timo playing through the middle could work with him moving out wide whilst players like Havertz and Pulisic attack the box.

Havertz can reprise his role as either a false 9 or an actual striker. He looks very promising, we're still yet to really know this young man's best position. He's shown ability as a number 10, 9 and in between.

Finally the player I'm really surprisingly more excited for than I thought I would be Broja. I'm pretty sure he will stay with us and I think he deserves a shot just like the previous academy boys got with Lamps. He's been on a similar route as Mount (loans) and I think he could suprise a few (not us fans we know he's good but the rest of the league).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


37 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Timo playing through the middle could work with him moving out wide whilst players like Havertz and Pulisic attack the box.

Havertz can reprise his role as either a false 9 or an actual striker. He looks very promising, we're still yet to really know this young man's best position. He's shown ability as a number 10, 9 and in between.

Finally the player I'm really surprisingly more excited for than I thought I would be Broja. I'm pretty sure he will stay with us and I think he deserves a shot just like the previous academy boys got with Lamps. He's been on a similar route as Mount (loans) and I think he could suprise a few (not us fans we know he's good but the rest of the league).

A lot of "could" or hoping for the best in what you wrote there though.

Considering only Broja is what you would consider a true striker out of those three and he only scored 10 goals in a poor Dutch league last season it seems rather insane to go into the season with that.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I don't think we will sign a striker, none of our primary targets seem motivated to want to move. All the clubs that would sell are neither in a position where they have to, or even want to sell. I personally see this as a blessing is disguise.

Tammy hasn't done much to convince me he is our solution but I would be willing to let him try.

Aside from him presuming he does stay or even if he doesn't we still have 3 other options. 

Timo playing through the middle could work with him moving out wide whilst players like Havertz and Pulisic attack the box.

Havertz can reprise his role as either a false 9 or an actual striker. He looks very promising, we're still yet to really know this young man's best position. He's shown ability as a number 10, 9 and in between.

Finally the player I'm really surprisingly more excited for than I thought I would be Broja. I'm pretty sure he will stay with us and I think he deserves a shot just like the previous academy boys got with Lamps. He's been on a similar route as Mount (loans) and I think he could suprise a few (not us fans we know he's good but the rest of the league).

 

I think that the board is really willing to sign a new striker, F. Romano and I think someone else also said that we will sign a striker, the question is just who that will be.

Tuchel wouldn't be happy going into the new season with a weaker squad with less depth that's for sure. It looks like nobody is going anywhere but that will change once Marina sends the final offer and IMO our new striker will be known by the end of next week because most teams want to have their squads ready to go for the new season so if we manage to sign Haaland it won't be at the very end of the transfer window but either in the next 7 days or never.

Man City has problems and they simply can't splash out this window, Real Madrid and Barcelona are broke but all that won't last for much longer, we took the advantage and got Havertz but the whole European Super league scandal and the pandemic has really put in question if the biggest teams really can keep their status going and if that should be a given - we are still on the rise and this situation reminds me of when Inter Milan took the advantage of the calciopolli scandal at the time when Berlusconi got weaker and when there was a change of a legendary generation taking place, that resulted in them dominating Italian football and winning a historical treble. We  are the team that has transitioned and that now has a strong core of younger players, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man City don't have that yet.

If we manage to do what we're apparently trying to do this transfer window, it's very possible Tuchel's words will get quoted 100 times over, meaning that nobody will want to play us and other fans will openly talk about how we ruined football. After that the world can end as far as I'm concered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sindre said:

A lot of "could" or hoping for the best in what you wrote there though.

Considering only Broja is what you would consider a true striker out of those three and he only scored 10 goals in a poor Dutch league last season it seems rather insane to go into the season with that.

 

 

Insane is a bit of an overreaction. Let's not forget that this strike force and team is what took us to a UCL win.... Add in a promising youngster alongside a player who may feel hard done and want to prove himself I wouldn't say its as disastrous as you and some may see it. 

We signed over £200m worth of talent last season, Timo and Kai may just need some time to find their feet but, as a duo represent a very good option up top if we cannot sign an out and out striker.

I would rather stick with those 4 then sign a Bakayoko/Drinkwater/Emerson tier striker. We only want elite players now to compliment what we already have. Why waste £30-50m on mid tier striker? 

If Haaland, Lewandowski, Lukaku or Kane want to come and we can afford them then fair enough. As things stand none of those deals seem likely. So maybe you could support the players we have as well as the coach and have some faith in our team.

Edited by LongtimerLurker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!