Atletico Madrid v Chelsea (CL) Tues 23rd Feb 2021 20:00 GMT

Mod Stark

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

That was a predictable half of football.

Atletico are very good at what they do, and our attacking is hopeless. Final ball time after time is garbage. 

You cannot expect to get goals against such a good defensive side if you cannot make a simple pass.

We look good but it's so obvious that the players went into the game a bit starstruck, too much hesitation.

Can't help to think that if Kovacic and Jorginho also get a yellow card that our chances in the second game diminish significantly.

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

That terrible w**king injury he’s suffered is obviously playing on his mind!

I'm hoping he has a metal bar in it and will try and tempt suarez to bite him....then CLANG....teeth gone.

Edited by dkw

In all fairness, we are doing much better than I expected, I thought Atletico would've scored early, first few minutes we were nervous. 

Ughh, frustrating moments, because for all the ball we have, we don't do enough with it. So many crucial moments but the final ball constantly over hit. 

Atletico are defending with 6-3-1 formation which makes it harder and harder every attack. 

We're more dominant and I like to see it, if we had the players who can shoot out of the box we could break that wall. They have their wingers as backs, so they don't have to run after the ball when we switch wings. Jorginho has missed three good balls, Mount missed a good chance to create something better. Werner looks hungry which is important, that performance might give him a goal.

We reacting good to Atletico counter attacks, Rudiger with a crucial tackle, Christensen does good as well. 

I believe we can get a 1-0 here, this performance might give us confidence and motivation to finish them, they allow us to complete it. 

COME ON CHELS!!!

2 hours ago, Browerkid said:

Come on now...Timo is undropable regardless of form! 

Precisely ....  Could it be that Lampard and now Tuchel has contributed to Pulisic's lack of form by playing him out of position to accommodate Werner ?  For that matter how many other front line players are "out of form" because they  too have fallen under the accommodate Werner at costs mentality?

2 minutes ago, Oli said:

I can see what youre doing here. You think because everyone else is slating jorginho youll do the same to mount and change the subject. Fact is mount is the only one trying to make something happen..and jorginho has been appaling. 

You're dreaming. 

CHO and Mount have linked up well a couple of times on the left. Beyond that we spent most of the half passing the ball around in midfield and defense. Athletico have been defensive but they still looked more likely to score than us.

Just now, Strider6003 said:

We looked a bit nervy out there at times and if the final ball had been more precise could have scored a couple. 

Mount missing the second leg is a blow.

Aye is a shame but gives him a breather at least. 

We played a good half of football against one of the best sides in Europe we look in control, I wouldn’t have much to complain about, yes can create more decisive final balls but as far as the actual Balkan was of the game I like what I see. 

This team under frank wouldn’t be doing this to Athleti we are moving in the right direction 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gonzo said:

He's been really good hasn't he, solid and very tidy. 

We haven't just cursed him have we?

Been thinking the same thing, but the last time I said that out loud he got sent off against Liverpool two minutes later.

Other than the comedy first ten minutes, I think that was pretty positive. Have undeniably controlled the game, and restricted their chances, other than two defensive flaps. Pressing has been good too, whenever they do get the ball we’ve won it back before they enter the final third on all but a handful of occasions.

Now if only we could create a meaningful chance ourselves!

A little worried about Mount being on a yellow. He’s been involved in a couple of niggly fouls. Going down to ten men and losing our one real player would doom us. 

Come on Chels!!