Atletico Madrid v Chelsea (CL) Tues 23rd Feb 2021 20:00 GMT

2 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Don't know the letter of the law but, their only defense is that if somehow Giroud being offside was the reason why he did the backpass then it should be ruled out but I think it was really Mount that was challenging him, so for me it was a good goal

Can't be offside if the opponent was the one who did the backpass. 

It'd have been a yellow even if Oblak managed to get the ball. 

Great result

I was critical before the game of Tuchel’s team selection but I’m more than happy to be proved wrong.

I’ll be even more content if it happens on a regular basis, Solid team performance where everyone done their bit, I could pick holes but I’d rather just enjoy the win.

Only half a job done but I’m confident we can finish these off in the return leg.

Big game player that Giroud, gotta credit the Atletico player that was some ball to set him up, maybe he can teach our lot how to play such a nice final ball lol.

Good to be leading at half time, second leg they will come looking for away goals.

Popular opinion we will miss Mount. Unpopular one will miss Jorginho for the defensive aspects too.

Good result against a top side who defend really, really well. Was always going to take something special to beat Oblak.

Hopefully it builds confidence for the United game.