Chelsea v Man Utd (PL) Sun 28th Feb 2021 16:30 GMT

Just now, Scott Harris said:

2nd and 5th in table.........modern football is garbage. Take me back to the mid to late 2000's please. This sport has become all about running with very little football to be seen. 

This is premier league. The football is all about pace. This is why I love to watch CL games. 

When teams are on song some Premier games are brilliant but I miss the the tactical side of football.

Just now, Jezq8 said:

Ziyech needs to come off for either Werner or pulisic 

Yeah, I agree with this. I'd go for Pulisic though - if the second half goes at all like the first then we will likely be asking a lot from the player in that position, and frankly Pulisic is the superior overall footballer by quite a distance. Alternatively we could bring Reece James on and move Hudson-Odoi forward, although I would prefer the former - it feels more proactive.

Man Utd haven't played the game that Tuchel seems to have been expecting at all. As a result Ziyech has been a poor fit and has basically been redundant. We're not doing ourselves or him any favours by leaving him on the pitch.

I've been a little confused at the despairing in the match thread. We haven't been that bad - the two sides have largely nullified each other. The game is there to be won if we make the right changes.

Also - anyone taking a dig at Kanté for poor possession buildup (caused by Man Utd's tactics rather than any deficiency on his part) would do well to note Fernandes' non-existent contribution so far...

Not sure why so many people are surprised with this sh*t show.

Man u are and always have been dirty cheating scum waiting for the ref to gift them the win and under TT we are an incredibly boring side to watch, ok he might be trying to just get the results to steady the ship but it's been this every game so far under him.

What was everyone expecting? A 5 goal first half? Was always going to be a goalless first half and if we are lucky there will be 1 goal second half....hopefully un-ref releated so we get the three points

Just now, Slojo said:

He's using him for his creativity, I think there's a good player there, but he is the definition of luxury player. Has no intensity or work rate, just strolled around the pitch there, completely the wrong game for it sadly. 

TT's toughest opponent to date, and he thought Ziyech was dependable enough to play him. bad call TT.

Just now, LongtimerLurker said:

I'm a fan of Ziyech but maybe he just isn't cut for this league. You get a lot of the ball when you play in Ajax but mostly importantly you get space when receiving the ball. Very different in the prem, you get pressed to death. His first touch lets him down about 50% of the time

Arguably this is the wrong game to put him in. Our first 3 games under Tuchel would've been better for him because of the amount of space we got. 

United is clearly set up to not give us an inch of space and them having bigger players in defence means they can bully our smaller players

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

2nd and 5th in table.........modern football is garbage. Take me back to the mid to late 2000's please. This sport has become all about running with very little football to be seen. 

Nothing to do with modern football, it's to do with the fact us and United aren't outstanding teams anymore.

This was what Liverpool vs Arsenal looked like more often than not in the late 00s. 

Edited by Argo

Just now, big blue said:

barely made it past the half way line. Ziyech has been like playing with 10 men. Acres of space behind united's back line, Giroud was the wrong choice with hindsight.

Kante hasnt been good either if im being honest. 

They wouldnt play a high line if Werner is playing. They are pushing up because Giroud is playing, and there is no pace in the front three, really which is why I am not surprised the game is like this.

1 minute ago, evissy said:

This is premier league. The football is all about pace. This is why I love to watch CL games. 

When teams are on song some Premier games are brilliant but I miss the the tactical side of football.

I actually prefer foreign football at the moment. More exciting games in the "lesser" leagues. The top leagues in Europe has become way too tactical, it's bordering on tedious now. 

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

It wasn't going to be an easy game I don't understand why are people so negative... We're playing the 2nd best team in the PL at the moment that has scored the most goals so far and we're on a clean sheet.

Agree with you 💯 Gol. Some people are so hard to please 

Just now, coco said:

TT's toughest opponent to date, and he thought Ziyech was dependable enough to play him. bad call TT.

I think Atletico was a tougher game, but yeah, toughest in the league so far... 

I don't know what to tell you, he's tinkering and so far it's not paid off for this game, I think another 45 minutes of that and we lose, need to do ebtter. 

The first change has to be Pulisic for Ziyech and as much as Mount is a hard working player he isn't creating nearly enough as a player in his position should so I would also consider Havertz for Mount later on.

Just now, Gol15 said:

The first change has to be Pulisic for Ziyech and as much as Mount is a hard working player he isn't creating nearly enough as a player in his position should so I would also consider Havertz for Mount later on.

No it’s got to be Werner, Pulisic isn’t quite right at the moment.

I remember when Ziyech was going to take us to the next level how times change.

Everytime the ball goes in his direction I cringe as I know he will lose it united have too much intensity for him 

still believe he will come good