Jump to content

Chelsea v Man Utd (PL) Sun 28th Feb 2021 16:30 GMT


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Mike Carefree said:

I cant see why oli shouldnt start this match...before last nights game id have manx pissing this match with ease...i have a little more hope now....if they can keep their heads and play manx hard and fast we could get a point

Think you're giving United to much respect for what they deserve.Defensively they've been found wanting at times this season and their record against the top sides isn't the best.

Think any team outside of Man City are there for the taking and we easily have the quality to beat united if we can just pull it all together in the final third.

Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Ray_Cfc said:

Think you're giving United to much respect for what they deserve.Defensively they've been found wanting at times this season and their record against the top sides isn't the best.

Think any team outside of Man City are there for the taking and we easily have the quality to beat united if we can just pull it all together in the final third.

And the biggest discriptive is the word......IF

But i take your points....

Please dont mention starting sentances with and and but..😃

Link to post
Share on other sites

United have scored 1 goal against the traditional Top 6 in the league this season & that was (Surprise, Surprise) from the penalty spot against Spurs in the 6-1 thumping.

United's results so far against the top 6:

United 0 - 0  Chelsea

United 0-1 Arsenal

United 1-6 Spurs

United 0-0 City

United 0-0 Liverpool

United 0-0 Arsenal

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

Come on Tuchel please get it right against these pricks

He has already played them twice this season so I guess he can save some time on the prep work.

He eventually knows their squad better than his own. lol

 

Just kidding, but United is somewhat of a weak spot for Tuchel although I never saw them that good as one would think they were reading their forum regarding their matches against Paris.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

We were lucky that both Spuds and AM didn't really turn up, but they were both great results and TT deserves great credit for them. 

Still a lot of work to get us playing, though. Our attack is barely functioning and will not trouble the best defences. Our crossing and shooting are seriously poor, and our passing in the final third nowhere near good enough.

It's good to see that TT is fully aware of these failings, and will be demanding so much more from the players.

It’s staggering how little we shoot at goal from .....well from anywhere really , inside or outside the box.

I understand all players have a better or preferred foot, but I find it quite shocking how one footed we are ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not very confident at all, I think that they will not be as defensive as Atletico and will be pressing us far more and higher up. And they have players that can score (Fernandes, Cavani, Rashford) unlike our attacking front... So not going to be an easy one. Hopefully Tuchel will see a way to get the three points, so far he's got us winning and dominating games, we just need to create far more and get our strikers scoring on a regular basis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

United have scored 1 goal against the traditional Top 6 in the league this season & that was (Surprise, Surprise) from the penalty spot against Spurs in the 6-1 thumping.

United's results so far against the top 6:

United 0 - 0  Chelsea

United 0-1 Arsenal

United 1-6 Spurs

United 0-0 City

United 0-0 Liverpool

United 0-0 Arsenal

 

No disrespect but we said all this v southampton....no one can look at the form book and come to any conclusion about any matches, especially chelsea ones...its two teams...them n us....around 100 minutes after kickoff there will be a result😊

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mike Carefree said:

No disrespect but we said all this v southampton....no one can look at the form book and come to any conclusion about any matches, especially chelsea ones...its two teams...them n us....around 100 minutes after kickoff there will be a result😊

Nothing to do with form but the point was towards how United are approaching games against the bigger teams in the league, they are extra cautious and getting men behind the ball and are difficult to break down. This obviously is resulting in them committing fewer players forward and hence blunting their attack somewhat, I think the game may be similar to our first game against them at Old Trafford unless we score early which may result in them looking to open up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

United have scored 1 goal against the traditional Top 6 in the league this season & that was (Surprise, Surprise) from the penalty spot against Spurs in the 6-1 thumping.

United's results so far against the top 6:

United 0 - 0  Chelsea

United 0-1 Arsenal

United 1-6 Spurs

United 0-0 City

United 0-0 Liverpool

United 0-0 Arsenal

 

We have no reason to be afraid of them then...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paddy said:

It’s staggering how little we shoot at goal from .....well from anywhere really , inside or outside the box.

I understand all players have a better or preferred foot, but I find it quite shocking how one footed we are ?

When it comes to shooting we have plenty of players that are none footed, let alone one footed....

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Even after the win last night, it's hard to feel confident about this one. We don't create anything, so it's hard to see how we can win any game.

At some point we will create a whole lot, maybe this is the game where we score a lot, you never know sometimes it just clicks. Anything can happen in this game but we do look very stable defensively.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd somehow love to see Tuchel shoehorn Zouma in to watch him score from every second free kick / corner.

 

I don't think the United defence is that all that good. On the contrary. Also I do think Ole will play it "safe", bank on their counter attacking as I saw him do against every decent team so far (when I was actually watching them). So I guess it'll be the usual high possession game against a low block with the silver lining that their defence is a bit wobbly at times but their counter attacking highly dangerous.

Edited by weetee
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

United have scored 1 goal against the traditional Top 6 in the league this season & that was (Surprise, Surprise) from the penalty spot against Spurs in the 6-1 thumping.

United's results so far against the top 6:

United 0 - 0  Chelsea

United 0-1 Arsenal

United 1-6 Spurs

United 0-0 City

United 0-0 Liverpool

United 0-0 Arsenal

 

That shows to me United approach the majority of these games on a very defensive way, and when they did not Spurs thrashed them.

I am expecting a tight game that either ends 1-0 to either side or 0-0

Only way the back 3 changes is if Silva is fit. Otherwise everyone bar Mount and Werner could be changed out. Though I feel TT will approach this game like Wolves, must not lose.

 

Mendy

 

Azpi

Christensen/Silva

Rudiger

 

James

Jorginho

Kovacic

Chilwell

 

CHO

Mount

Werner

 

Mount false 9. Side I am expecting from TT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Even after the win last night, it's hard to feel confident about this one. We don't create anything, so it's hard to see how we can win any game.

Last two games we haven't created many chances, against Atletico it's more excusable. But I can't subscribe to this narrative that we haven't been creating chances under Tuchel. Before the Southampton game we were breaking teams down and creating plenty, just not finishing them. 

We can still create chances, I'm confident we can create some openings against United. It's just a matter of, can we finish them? That part I'm not sure on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Last two games we haven't created many chances, against Atletico it's more excusable. But I can't subscribe to this narrative that we haven't been creating chances under Tuchel. Before the Southampton game we were breaking teams down and creating plenty, just not finishing them. 

We can still create chances, I'm confident we can create some openings against United. It's just a matter of, can we finish them? That part I'm not sure on. 

Tuchel has done incredibly well since he has come in and my guess is that the board feel vindicated in their decision of letting Lampard go but as resolute as we have been defensively we certainly haven't been creating many chances with the exception of the Burnley game and the first half against Newcastle. 

Wolves we didn't create much at all, Southampton we struggled, Barnsley we were horrendous, Atletico Madrid is understandable considering they played with a back 6, Spurs we created a few half chances but not many clear cut chances & Sheffield Utd was a struggle too.

This is not a dig at Tuchel because its a continuation of what we've seen since December but stating we have been creating plenty of chances seems a little OTT. I think Tuchel has recognised this and opted to shore us up defensively to ensure we get something out of the game even if we struggle to score many the other end whereas with Lampard we were a lot more open and when we didn't create we still gave up big opportunities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm I think we could have created a couple chances against Athletico  but stuffed up some passes round their penalty area. Not to worry. We have the goal scoring talent. If defence stays solid goals will eventually come. 

Edited by ozboy
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

 

This is not a dig at Tuchel because its a continuation of what we've seen since December but stating we have been creating plenty of chances seems a little OTT. I think Tuchel has recognised this and opted to shore us up defensively to ensure we get something out of the game even if we struggle to score many the other end whereas with Lampard we were a lot more open and when we didn't create we still gave up big opportunities. 

We have created plenty of goals up until Leeds game to be exact up until Ziyech got injured. Then everything went downhill. The most obvious solution is to play CHO on rw but Lamp insisted on playing werner and puli as our two winger. Everything went downhill fast and once you are in bad run, it is difficult to get back. 

The funny part was Lamp went to back 3 last year to stabilize us when we were in bad run. This season, probably because we have so many attacker to please, he didn't want to do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the other fixtures around us, we really could do with a win to keep up the pressure. 

City v West Ham

Liverpool v Sheff United 

Leicester v Arsenal

I imagine West Ham will lose so we need to take advantage given our tough run of fixtures. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!