Chelsea v Man Utd (PL) Sun 28th Feb 2021 16:30 GMT

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

It wasn't going to be an easy game I don't understand why are people so negative... We're playing the 2nd best team in the PL at the moment that has scored the most goals so far and we're on a clean sheet.

Agree. We are playing the team which has been on a great run of form longer than us with quality players in a team. This half was hard to watch due to both teams even each other out, however we have much better bench right now which can turn this game into our favour. Bring Puli and Werner on at right time and we can just turn it into our favor.

Just now, enigma said:

I actually prefer foreign football at the moment. More exciting games in the "lesser" leagues. The top leagues in Europe has become way too tactical, it's bordering on tedious now. 

Modern football is focused on getting a mistake out of the opponent more than getting the best out of the players. 

Just now, evissy said:

Please don't doubt Ziyech and his fit for Prem. He does. He just needs a different role and game time. His left foot is brilliant, Fernandes level in terms of passing. 

Did you actually see how many duels did he lose? And it's not only about today, he played like this every single game. Clearly needs some work at the gym.

No one is questioning his passing ability.

2 minutes ago, STATS said:

They wouldnt play a high line if Werner is playing. They are pushing up because Giroud is playing, and there is no pace in the front three, really which is why I am not surprised the game is like this.

Exactly, That's why I don't understand playing this formation and style with Giroud up front, it's a walk in the park for their centre backs.

Just now, rocker_joker said:

Agree. We are playing the team which has been on a great run of form longer than us with quality players in a team. This half was hard to watch due to both teams even each other out, however we have much better bench right now which can turn this game into our favour. Bring Puli and Werner on at right time and we can just turn it into our favor.

Utd have more quality players than us? What? I disagree wholeheartedly on this 

They are just the first side to press us better. 

Just now, just said:

Best team we have played so far under Tuchel. Really pressing us high and hard. Very even game. Ziyech off for Pulisic or maybe Havertz is the only change I would make.

Yep, me too Just.

We need a bit more energy so hopefully Pulicic for Ziyech (NOW). Then Werner to come on during second half to give us a bit more pace in place of Giroud. That leaves one sub to either shut up shop if we somehow take the lead or thrown on Havertz or James if we need to attack more.

2 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I'm a fan of Ziyech but maybe he just isn't cut for this league. You get a lot of the ball when you play in Ajax but mostly importantly you get space when receiving the ball. Very different in the prem, you get pressed to death. His first touch lets him down about 50% of the time

The problem is that this seems to be the case with every single one of our attacking players this season. No matter who we put in, they just stink up the place. Pulisic and Havertz are invisible when they play, Ziyech can't seem to get anything right, Werner clearly doesn't suit possession based football, Hudson-Odoi isn't at the point in his career yet where he can hurt teams at this level, Mount's football is erratic. It just seems like nothing works with this group.

1 minute ago, Dr Gonzo said:

How can Gary Neville say that he's enjoying this? Sky commentators / pundits must be told to talk these games up to protect the brand. 

Their brand is behind protection after sacking half of their pundits purely because they are white english men

1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

under TT we are an incredibly boring side to watch

The implication being that we were fun to watch under Lampard? I'm sorry but I have to disagree. I'll agree that we're not where we want to be in terms of performances but you cannot deny that there have been some improvements in different parts of the pitch. Gotta give Tuchel at least that.

1 minute ago, Deino said:

Utd have more quality players than us? What? I disagree wholeheartedly on this 

They are just the first side to press us better. 

I didn't say they have better quality players than us. What i meant to say is that they have quality players in their team. We also have better quality players on the bench right now.