Chelsea v Man Utd (PL) Sun 28th Feb 2021 16:30 GMT

57 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I want those w**kers crushed, they caused my first Chelsea grief in the FA Cup final of 1994 :rant:

Me too! Be nice to beat them for the first time in a while. 

My two criticisms of Frank (don't look now folks, I'm critiquing Frank Lampard FC) was his slightly naive tactical approach and his inability to get a result against the big teams. 

TT's style is probably better suited to these type of games. It will also be another test against a more robust counter attacking team.

A win would go a long way to us making top four and would be a blow to them making top four which would be nice too!

We almost certainly can’t catch ManU. Sp in one sense the games against Liverpuddle and Everton are more important, but I’d dearly like a result against United. We are due. 

Edited by ozboy

Tough game. United have caused us problems in the league in the past few years.

I expect Tuchel to keep our structure tight and not allow United to punish us on the counter, which is a possibility if we're too open.

8 hours ago, ozboy said:

We almost certainly can’t catch ManU. Sp in one sense the games against Liverpuddle and Everton are more important, but I’d dearly like a result against United. We are due. 

A: If we and them keep up the form of the last weeks, we definitely can.

B: Even if you wanna focus on Liverpool and Everton, the result against Utd is still relevant.

I see no point in prioritising any of these games over another. They should all be approached with the same basic idea: a stable setup and a plan going forward

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Corners will be interesting, we might win a few but who will we keep back to stop the breakaway, I hope it is not Jorginho.

The one thing we are worse at under Tuchel is our set pieces for some reason. We were scoring from them fairly frequently earlier this season and even back end of last season but thats all dried up now pretty much.

11 minutes ago, dkw said:

The one thing we are worse at under Tuchel is our set pieces for some reason. We were scoring from them fairly frequently earlier this season and even back end of last season but thats all dried up now pretty much.

I think Zouma was one of the better in this regard and I think he got injured under Frank and then Tommy T preferred other options.

11 hours ago, ozboy said:

The weirdest comment I have seen for a very long time. As other have pointed out, we beat them and we are 3 points behind. Also if we want to beat off Everton Liverpool and west Ham to top 4, we need to be focusing on winning as many games as possible till the end of the season. Beating Liverpool and then losing points everywhere else isn't going to get us top 4.

Id actually go as far as to say that this match could really define our season. We win this and suddenly Man Utd and Leicester, who face Man City, are dragged into the top 4 race with us. So its not a case of us battling 3 teams for one spot anymore. 

The inability of Chelsea midfielders and center backs to pass Werner and CHO has to be frustrating to them. Why isn't Rudiger, Christenson, Kovacic, Jofhinio, keeping their heads up and hitting them with chopped passes? 

What is going to take to Alonso out and get Chilwwll back on the pitch? Alonso has been bang average the last 6 games and it is hurting the team in the final third. The lack of crossing passes means there is no link up play. Free Chilwell. 

It’s About time we beat this lot in the league. Last year we lost both home and away. It’s not going to be easy this and especially when they seem to always get a penalty awarded.

I would go 

mendy 

azbi christensen rudiger 

james kova jorginho alonso 

mount Werner 

giroud 

On 25/02/2021 at 07:08, JM7 said:

Looking at the other fixtures around us, we really could do with a win to keep up the pressure. 

City v West Ham

Liverpool v Sheff United 

Leicester v Arsenal

I imagine West Ham will lose so we need to take advantage given our tough run of fixtures. 

Ill predict

West ham draw at city

Sheff utd will draw at pool

Leicester will beat le arse

On 26/02/2021 at 02:24, ozboy said:

We almost certainly can catch ManU. Sp in one sense the games against Liverpuddle and Everton are more important, but I’d dearly like a result against United. We are due. 

On 26/02/2021 at 04:01, Spiller86 said:

Me too! Be nice to beat them for the first time in a while. 

My two criticisms of Frank (don't look now folks, I'm critiquing Frank Lampard FC) was his slightly naive tactical approach and his inability to get a result against the big teams. 

TT's style is probably better suited to these type of games. It will also be another test against a more robust counter attacking team.

A win would go a long way to us making top four and would be a blow to them making top four which would be nice too!

The weird part was our perfomance against big team last season was good excpet against  united

I think TT is more motivated to win this than we are ahaha and that's saying something. I can understand why he would have been in a dark place after they knocked him out of the ucl. To lose because your team conceded a 90 minute penalty that KO on away goals....you don't get a finer margin than that.

3 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I think TT is more motivated to win this than we are ahaha and that's saying something. I can understand why he would have been in a dark place after they knocked him out of the ucl. To lose because your team conceded a 90 minute penalty that KO on away goals....you don't get a finer margin than that.

Not to forget it was never a penalty.