Chelsea v Man Utd (PL) Sun 28th Feb 2021 16:30 GMT

coco

4 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I don't think we can put our chips on Werner sadly. 

He doesn't fill me with any confidence, not sure if we should just get another striker or give him another season. But we've done this before and it hasn't worked, Torres, Morata, two examples off the top of my head. 

Two terrible examples, one past it, one not proven, Werner was both proven and not past it.

1 minute ago, coco said:

Two terrible examples, one past it, one not proven, Werner was both proven and not past it.

Of the 2, Werner reminds me more of Torres, who I think tried, but the injury had done for him.

If Werner keeps trying I think it’ll turn for him, I hope so, I like the kid.

It would be nice to be smashing 3 past de gea I’d have loved it, but realistically it was unlikely. ManU haven’t list away from home in over a year, they had a much easier Europa league tie and  have an effective fast break attack. 

we matched them and I think had the edge for much of the game 

we didn’t create many chances but didn’t concede many either  

Rudigier has improved his form massively and has looked a good player past couple of games  christenson also good  kova and mount have been consistently strong  

James had a strong 45 minutes  ziyech avoided too many give aways  Chilwell fit in 

kante looked only average and Giroud not up for two high level games in a row  

it’s traditional to struggle in the league during a champions league tie  I’ll take the point and get my hat  

For me it is always annoying when a team has problems and the coach cannot find solutions to the problems. The team needs good creativity in the midfield to help the attackers to score and you have an immensely creative player in Kai Havertz, you say he is not a strong player, he is weak, blah blah blah, can't there be solution to that. Is Lo Celso strong, is Cech Fabregas strong, is Xavi Hernandez strong but all these players creates for their teams. Let Havertz hit the gym for a week, do nice sessions and he'll be ok.

As for the formation, look at Man Utd, they know they have two players that can make them unbeatable and yet threatening in attack and they play the two players. Mctominay and Fred. They play their 4231 formation and they are threatening in attack using their attacking players.

We can do thesame. Play a solid back four. Chillwell, Rudiger, Silva or Zouma,  and Aspilicueta.

Then a solid double six, like Mctominay and Fred, we have Reece James and Kante in the hole.

Then Havertz in front of them in the midfield.

Then I think Pulisic is not good enough for now, so Mason Mount can play on the left and cut in to play shots. Ziyech should play on the right. 

Then Werner should top strike.

That is having a solid defensive midfield that will allow us to unleash our attacking players to hurt opponents. For me Tuchel has not done so well, I expect him to have maximised the privilege of having Reece James in that team. I think he can play in defensive midfield, and yet we are not using him to solve the problem we have in that defensive midfield.

44 minutes ago, ozboy said:

It would be nice to be smashing 3 past de gea I’d have loved it, but realistically it was unlikely. ManU haven’t list away from home in over a year, they had a much easier Europa league tie and  have an effective fast break attack. 

we matched them and I think had the edge for much of the game 

we didn’t create many chances but didn’t concede many either  

Rudigier has improved his form massively and has looked a good player past couple of games  christenson also good  kova and mount have been consistently strong  

James had a strong 45 minutes  ziyech avoided too many give aways  Chilwell fit in 

kante looked only average and Giroud not up for two high level games in a row  

it’s traditional to struggle in the league during a champions league tie  I’ll take the point and get my hat  

Refreshingly objective assessment. So much of the analysis seems to completely ignore who we’re playing. Clear cut chances today were probably going to be few and far between even if he had a more potent attack... like that of our opponents, who also happened to have few clear cut chances? So while I share the concerns about lack of goals, I don’t think today really strengthens the “toothless under tuchel” case.

2 hours ago, Snedger said:

I can’t speak for everyone of course, but I want to see entertaining football first and foremost. That’s what it is meant to be to me. Simply wining by any means necessary, no matter how dull is pointless. I don’t need the reflected glory of very rich kids half my age. I need some entertainment, especially in a time when life if absolutely dire. I’d much rather have seen a four all draw than what we were served today.

47 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

For me it is always annoying when a team has problems and the coach cannot find solutions to the problems. The team needs good creativity in the midfield to help the attackers to score and you have an immensely creative player in Kai Havertz, you say he is not a strong player, he is weak, blah blah blah, can't there be solution to that. Is Lo Celso strong, is Cech Fabregas strong, is Xavi Hernandez strong but all these players creates for their teams. Let Havertz hit the gym for a week, do nice sessions and he'll be ok.

Then I think Pulisic is not good enough for now, so Mason Mount can play on the left and cut in to play shots. Ziyech should play on the right. 

That is having a solid defensive midfield that will allow us to unleash our attacking players to hurt opponents. For me Tuchel has not done so well, I expect him to have maximised the privilege of having Reece James in that team. I think he can play in defensive midfield, and yet we are not using him to solve the problem we have in that defensive midfield.

I've always been good at sport yet too many injuries to do it at a good level yet before realizing this tried many things, so hitting the gym for a week is laughable more like two months to get a noticeable difference. 

I agree on Pulisic showing very little this season, I saw De Bruyne a few  weeks ago for City looking poor and then a couple of weeks later he is back on form, I hope we see something like this with Pulisic yet also think it is not going to happen.

I think James is too one-footed to play defensive midfield.

1 hour ago, hephzibah said:

What is the problem in defensive midfield again? Its all those goals we are conceding at the moment? I suppose you could say that if the midfield was stronger we could play a back 4 but I think the combo of Jorginho and Kova is fine, in fact the main problem is keeping Kova fit.

2 hours ago, Snedger said:

I can’t speak for everyone of course, but I want to see entertaining football first and foremost. That’s what it is meant to be to me. Simply wining by any means necessary, no matter how dull is pointless. I don’t need the reflected glory of very rich kids half my age. I need some entertainment, especially in a time when life if absolutely dire. I’d much rather have seen a four all draw than what we were served today.

I understand that but had we lost this game by risking more and scoring once only to get punished twice, maybe it would have been actually more entertaining but it would leave me as a fan ultimately not as happy as I am now. It's our current situation and I can't really say if a Barnet fan is more entertained and having more fun than we are or not but I'm sure that we won't be playing with a back 3 next season, Tuchel also doesn't want the team to play like this but at the moment he has a big responsibility to get the best out of team so it's difficult.

I can also see why it's important for the team to get a result as well specially during these times when the main income will come from playing in Europe. The stakes are high and I'm personally fine with less entertainment now so that in the future it gets to be more entertaining because the ambition of the club doesn't give me the option to be fine with a top 6 finish - People didn't get that much more entertained when we played Europa league the last time even when we had won by a few goals margin.

Not a lot to talk about here. 
- United never looked like scoring; credit to a well organized and prepared Chelsea defense and midfield
- I have no idea where the goals are going to come from.  We seem to lack attacking numbers, and beyond that any quality, decision making and composure is missing.  Looks like a group that hasn't played together and always prefer the safe option.  Can we resign Jimmy just to put his foot through a few around the box?

We have to get Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Odoi, and Werner going in a much better fashion that current.  We are toothless in attack right now.

"I have Hope's in Werner..He may come good..

I know it isnt easy but wish we got Haaland to partner Werner..

Anyway if 3 at the back is here to stay we have Ziyech, Pulisic, Mount, Werner, Havertz, Giroud, Tammy for 3 attacker slots..

I am counting CHO as RWB.."

I think if we sell Kante and Jorginho, Mount could slide into that right center mid slot. I think he could fill Kantes role, but add a bit of a longer pass, and the ability to step up and hit a shot from the MF, which we lack in Jorginho, Kante, and Kovacic

Particularly annoying as United did naff all, did not work Mendy and we wasted the couple of really good openings we made, Giroud, Ziyech/James.

We should have won this. Useless attackers again 

7 hours ago, ozboy said:

What is the problem in defensive midfield again? Its all those goals we are conceding at the moment? I suppose you could say that if the midfield was stronger we could play a back 4 but I think the combo of Jorginho and Kova is fine, in fact the main problem is keeping Kova fit.

Did you read my post at all. Maybe you should read it well.

9 hours ago, acidicleo said:

Expected this game would be a dull nil nil affair..

Atleast TT has made us look unbeatable..He has indeed steadied the ship that was sinking..

Top 4 looks like a good possibility now.. And hope football style will get better next season...

We need a clinical finisher...

There is no point of having clinical finisher if you don't create chances

42 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

There is no point of having clinical finisher if you don't create chances

Giroud should have scored, Werner should have scored (bring Lindelof with you into the net if need be), Ziyech should have scored and Mount had a decent opportunity to score as well.

We had enough chances to win this game.

Although i thought we looked comfortable against a dangerous Man Utd attack, i was again left frustrated by our play in the final third.

One big positive for me was that our play out of defence under a high press has improved radically, players that previously looked very uncomfortable playing out now look a lot happier.

We have obviously worked very hard on this in training, what we need to improve now is the transition from when we get out and progress into the attacking third.

We often see a careless under hit pass or a pass behind a player that disrupts the flow, or poor decision making that allows the opposition to regain their shape and in a split second the chance to exploit has disappeared. Its so frustrating as we do nearly everything right apart from the finishing off.

On the whole i was'nt too disappointed, More frustrated as i thought the game was there for us. KTBFFH

Just like the last time the teams played, neither team wanted to risk losing this game. The most likely source of a goal is a debatable penalty. We were the better team by a small margin, for the first game under Tuchel we didn't get over 60% of possession. It's not necessarily a bad thing but we wasted chances on the counter time after time. Ziyech should have scored, or at least make De Gea to make a save of the season, instead it's just a regular save from 10 yards out. With minutes running out, neither manager wanted to go for it, rather relying on the opposition to mess it up. Ole was just deluded, that could be a penalty but no where near 100%, it's an outage to him because he's so used to getting 50-50 if not 30-70 penalties. We had our fair share of bad penalty calls in recent games against them, our mangers didn't crying all the way to the river.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Giroud should have scored, Werner should have scored (bring Lindelof with you into the net if need be), Ziyech should have scored and Mount had a decent opportunity to score as well.

We had enough chances to win this game.

Are you being serious ?

Other than Ziyech chances none of those chances are considered big chances. 

It was a frustrating game as United was beatable. 

Good 

Christianson and Rudiger  

Shutting down Bruno.

Reisinger emerging as a leader and enforcer. For example he confronted McTominey right away after he sent Azi flying off the pitch. Rudiger also laid the wood onto James throughout the game.

Bad

Final 1/3 in opponent's end.

Inability to get players the ball when they make runs. Mount made one with about 10 minutes to go where he split the two defenders at the top of the box and he would have had a solid chance to win the game. This happens at least 4 or more times a game Get the ball to them FFS!

12 hours ago, coco said:

Yes, sorry master, I was wrong, very very wrong. 

You're dead right.