Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Thur 4th Mar 2021 20:15 GMT

coco

Ziyech starting is my only real criticism of that starting line up. Not sure what he has done to earn another start, he's been our worst player his last couple of starts. 

Liverpool's fullbacks like to push up obviously so hopefully Werner can find some space to exploit down that left flank. 

I just hope we try to take the game to them and don't content ourselves with not losing. 

3 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

Almost where we started before our easy run of games!

Indeed. The real test for Tuchel is whether he can get a better return of points from these tougher fixtures, starting tonight.

Just now, ForeverCarefree said:

Ziyech starting is my only real criticism of that starting line up. Not sure what he has done to earn another start, he's been our worst player his last couple of starts. 

Liverpool's fullbacks like to push up obviously so hopefully Werner can find some space to exploit down that left flank. 

I just hope we try to take the game to them and don't content ourselves with not losing. 

Why would Werner be on the flank though? He is our central striker tonight so if he is out wide there will be nobody in the middle.

24 minutes ago, RMH said:

For once i can subscribe your words. Werner was the obvious choice up front, and most will agree with it. Ziyech is a weird one, but Havertz and Pulisic haven’t been good either. For me it’s weird the midfield, breaking up Jorginho Kovacic that was working, but I guess he wants to give Kova a rest and needs Kante to try recover the ball high up.

Agreed -- I think if Tuchel is moving Werner to being more central, I'd rather see CHO, Havertz or Puli in there then Ziyech. I don't think he's the long-term solution, he's not in form, and it would be nice to give one of those three a real run of games to get in rhythm (particularly Puli or CHO as they have shown they can hack it in the PL).

4 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Why would Werner be on the flank though? He is our central striker tonight so if he is out wide there will be nobody in the middle.

Because he always drifts left, it's what he does. 

I would guess Mount will be central most of the time with Ziyech and Werner cutting in from the wide areas. 

27 minutes ago, IndianaBlue85 said:

The f**k does he keep starting Ziyech? The guy sulks around the field never showing much effort yet he starts and Tammy can’t even get on the f**king bench. Makes no sense and most his decisions haven’t so I’m not really surprised just frustrated. 

Pulisic isnt in form ... bla bla bla -  Sure injury hurt his progress  but Lampard did nothing to get him "in form" by playing him out of position to accommodate that which they bet the farm on - Timo Werner. Then Tuchel has essentially done the same giving Pulisic no real opportunity "to get into form"  - last of all his front line players. Both coaches have done nothing to get him where he was after the re-start. Ziyech, Werner, Havertz etc - all have been given way too much opportunity relative to Pulisic and haven't done anything to warrant the disparity in minutes. My God .... give  Pulisic a start upfront !  

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Because he always drifts left, it's what he does. 

I would guess Mount will be central most of the time with Ziyech and Werner cutting in from the wide areas. 

I don't disagree but that is probably an argument for not playing him in the central role. Perhaps we will switch to Giroud, with Werner and Mount behind him at some point.