Jump to content

Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Thur 4th Mar 2021 20:15 GMT


Recommended Posts


7 hours ago, andy said:

Klopp and the team look knackered, not taking away from how we played but they were shocking. He is in denial too he has gone full on Mourinho!  
 

And talk about form, they were 8 points ahead of Man City at one stage now they are 22 points behind ! - And we thought our form was bad under Frank

This is their PL picture since Palace rolled over for them in the 7-0 in their last fixture before Xmas :

image.png.4b84c3e94c9357ac7c1c9991e5a82c13.png

The 5 consecutive home defeats is apparently a new club record LOL.

I think every team in the PL will believe they are beatable now.  Pretty please they finish bottom half 🙂

 

Edited by Sexyfootball
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

I think we have to wait for @Valerie s opinion. I think she's a fan of the facial hair

Myeah, no, not really :smile: BTW I think I saw Pulisic beardless a couple of weeks ago, so he did shave to try and improve his performance....

 

Had a dreadful evening yesterday: 15 minutes or so into the match my cable and internet gave out. But at least when I checked the result when I woke up at 1am it was a very pleasant surprise (I had us losing 2-1)!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bob stark said:

My point is the one that we played yesterday barely resemble pool from the last 3 years. There is no relentless pressing nor high intensity offense. 

It was still a very good performance but it wasn't against a really good team. They have lost 5 games in a row at home for a reason. 

 

 

I would still say they attack with real purpose though, a real structure to it.

Ultimately we took advantage of their weaknesses, so fair play to TT & the boys.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Outstanding performance, especially in the first 45. The Werner goal was perfectly legit, linesman let it go, first replay showed AR played him onside for about a feet. Then the VAR decided to go anal and play it frame via frame, delay the moment the ball was released, and still couldn't prove Werner is offside, but just enough doubt to prove it's onside. Apparently thats good enough to disallow a goal. It's just terrible luck for Werner, but to his credit he kept goal, although his finishing was not there, have to admit he had a good game. Tactically, Tuchel was spot on, and to be honest we looked so much sharper by playing more direct and forward thinking. Liverpool played into our hands by sticking with the high line, but there's no reason we can't play like more like this against lesser teams, just need the defence and midfield pass the ball quicker, without the 12 short side way passes just to go forward 10 yards. The way we get away from their high pressing was impressive, everyone was so confident with the ball, those training drills with small balls are paying off. Mount was awesome, and he's building the combination with Chiwell on the side. We are going to overload that left flank in games to come. Defence didn't put a foot on, when was the last time Liverpool didn't have one proper shot on goal the whole game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bob stark said:

My point is the one that we played yesterday barely resemble pool from the last 3 years. There is no relentless pressing nor high intensity offense. 

It was still a very good performance but it wasn't against a really good team. They have lost 5 games in a row at home for a reason. 

 

 

Honestly, I'm just glad we stopped giving away free points to teams on bad form.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Outstanding performance, especially in the first 45. The Werner goal was perfectly legit, linesman let it go, first replay showed AR played him onside for about a feet. Then the VAR decided to go anal and play it frame via frame, delay the moment the ball was released, and still couldn't prove Werner is offside, but just enough doubt to prove it's onside. Apparently thats good enough to disallow a goal. It's just terrible luck for Werner, but to his credit he kept goal, although his finishing was not there, have to admit he had a good game. Tactically, Tuchel was spot on, and to be honest we looked so much sharper by playing more direct and forward thinking. Liverpool played into our hands by sticking with the high line, but there's no reason we can't play like more like this against lesser teams, just need the defence and midfield pass the ball quicker, without the 12 short side way passes just to go forward 10 yards. The way we get away from their high pressing was impressive, everyone was so confident with the ball, those training drills with small balls are paying off. Mount was awesome, and he's building the combination with Chiwell on the side. We are going to overload that left flank in games to come. Defence didn't put a foot on, when was the last time Liverpool didn't have one proper shot on goal the whole game?

Kante doesn't get enough credit on how good he was in the last two games. He basically owned both Fernandes and Mane. He made those both cocky players like his bit...s and that worth some praise too. 

Edited by rocker_joker
Link to post
Share on other sites

People may say Mane was being honest in staying up and not going down under than challenge from Christensen, but it is funny, I have been saying for a while, if anything it is selfish from him. I feel him and Salah are almost competing with each other sometimes. The amount of times the other one goes for glory instead of assisting the other one is quite frequent. Mane did a similar thing against Sheffield United and decided to not go to ground and I believe on both occasions, he does not want Salah taking the penalty, because it made no sense for him to stay up. If Mane is designated penalty taker, I am sure he takes that. It is now funny that Michael Owen is having exact same thoughts 😆

This is Owen's quote:

“I couldn’t believe he didn’t go down there and look, I’m not advocating he does.

“It was a great touch and he possibly thought he might get a chance at the end of it ... but he did something similar a week ago (against Sheffield United).

“I just wonder, and it might be a little bit of devious thoughts creeping into my head, Mo Salah is the penalty taker in this team, and if he (Mane) thinks he’s getting a chance to score he thinks ‘well I’m going to score, if I don’t stay on my feet, Mo Salah’s going to get another penalty’.”

Although we dominated the game, if Mane went down and Salah converts that, could have been a totally different game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, coco said:

I don't trust that offside call last night, they went from image 1 to image 2 very quickly, image 1 shows Timo onside, and image 2 offside.

1.JPG

2.JPG

f**k me ,.. perhaps they gave it for Ziyech LOL, because I wouldn't say Werner was offside in either of those frames ... the rules excerpt that Malta Blue posted about the arm/hand not counting as a part of the body that can be offside seems to be totally misunderstood by 90% of people .. including 120% of Sky editors and media pundits .... and 200% of VAR referees. Also what the f**k happened to it needing to be "clear and obvious" errors ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing to add here really but I do think that the non-given pen may be a bit of a concession towards this decision. And that'd be "true" old-school refereeing at its best. 

 

They do have better resolution when drawing their lines tho, do they? Because that's one hell of a pixel mess anyway i you ask me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, weetee said:

Nothing to add here really but I do think that the non-given pen may be a bit of a concession towards this decision. And that'd be "true" old-school refereeing at its best. 

 

They do have better resolution when drawing their lines tho, do they? Because that's one hell of a pixel mess anyway i you ask me.

They will have a better resolution, that image i posted was from the match highlights from sky online.

But the thing is the VAR ref has the power to make very close calls go whichever way he wants, when he drags the cursor up Timos arm to find the imaginary line where the arm starts on a long blue sleeve, he decides where it is, he probably has 2-3 inches of play, he can literally make the call either way. So in those close instances where they are basically level, it should be taken out of his hands and advantage given to the attack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

f**k me ,.. perhaps they gave it for Ziyech LOL, because I wouldn't say Werner was offside in either of those frames ... the rules excerpt that Malta Blue posted about the arm/hand not counting as a part of the body that can be offside seems to be totally misunderstood by 90% of people .. including 120% of Sky editors and media pundits .... and 200% of VAR referees. Also what the f**k happened to it needing to be "clear and obvious" errors ?

That never applied to offside calls. There was always this ridiculous belief that a player was either on or offside, with no grey areas. Which ignored the fact that the technology was not so accurate that it could measure the offside line down to the millimetre, given the guesswork involved in deciding the precise millisecond in which the ball was played, which is crucial in determining when and where the offside line is to be drawn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coco said:

I don't trust that offside call last night, they went from image 1 to image 2 very quickly, image 1 shows Timo onside, and image 2 offside.

1.JPG

2.JPG

What is the significance of the line through Werner's wrist in the first picture?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

What is the significance of the line through Werner's wrist in the first picture?

I have no idea but seems like part of the tool/cursor they'll use to set up those "final" lines. So it'd be the z-Axis while the two thin black lines appear to be the corresponding x- and y-axis.

At least in my fantasy that'd make some sense.

 

edit: and by that I mean it serves no purpose in those pic and somebody just forgot to blend it out.

I get that implenting some kind of margin of error (which is there already) is just pushing the discussion onto another line  but that really shouldn't have been overruled imo because as long as there are way more obvious inconsistencies alone within the implementation of the VAR, this sort of pedantic ruling seems ridiculous and doesn't help establishing the VAR - which I in theory am a total fan of.

Edited by weetee
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wearyourcolours said:

I would still say they attack with real purpose though, a real structure to it.

Ultimately we took advantage of their weaknesses, so fair play to TT & the boys.

The intensity level wasn't pool. Pool didnt break you down by playing intricate football,they break you down by putting you under immense pressure using their relentless attack and press

I think it was Guardiola who said,pool is at their best without the ball but when they are dominant you can't get out of your own half

Edited by Bob stark
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

The intensity level wasn't pool. Pool didnt break you down by playing intricate football,they break you down by putting you under immense pressure using their relentless attack and press

I think it was Guardiola who said,pool is at their best without the ball but when they are dominant you can't get out of your own half

Although we didn't get the results we wanted we competed well against peak Liverpool (18/19 and first half of 19/20) and we went toe to toe with them on every occasion never looking out of place.

The 1-2 under Lampard especially we were robbed, we had them pinned back for the entire second half.

Edited by Argo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!