Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Thur 4th Mar 2021 20:15 GMT

51 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I still think we need to win this one. Liverpool are at their weakest, I doubt we’ll see them this weak again for a long time and we need to take advantage.

Which means we will lose. Remember Arsenal?

11 minutes ago, bluesfan said:

Which means we will lose. Remember Arsenal?

I suppose you could say Liverpool are in the same boat! United and West Ham dropped points, so it’s a must win for Liverpool... Despite losing 4 on the trot at home.

20 hours ago, Wearyourcolours said:

Qualifying for the Champions League, is not success, that is such an Arsenal/Spurs attitude!

22 hours ago, Wearyourcolours said:

he still managed to finish second in 10/11 which was astounding all things considered!

Looking back at these comments I've realised this and can't help but ask.

On one hand you're saying top four isn't a success but on the other you're calling it outstanding.

Which is it?

43 minutes ago, Argo said:

Looking back at these comments I've realised this and can't help but ask.

On one hand you're saying top four isn't a success but on the other you're calling it outstanding.

Which is it?

No finishing 2nd was outstanding given the hand he was dealt, making a chase for the title showed what a quality manager we had! 
That we swapped for AVB of all people!

1 minute ago, Wearyourcolours said:

No finishing 2nd was outstanding given the hand he was dealt, making a chase for the title showed what a quality manager we had! 
That we swapped for AVB of all people!

But it's still only qualifying for the CL which is not success (your words).

We need to win this game to make a statement that we are the 2nd best team in the country, beating Manyoo would not of made that statement, despite them being in 2nd place.

Beating these will give the team a lot of confidence going into the business end of the season.

By the seasons end we could be the 3rd best team in Europe and 2nd best in England, that is the attitude Tuchel should be getting into the players.

4 hours ago, Bluesince66 said:

Although I'm not confident of a result, it's my youngest sons 13 birthday today, and of course he is chels,so we will be cheering and shouting at the television tonight, COYB.

FB_IMG_1614845019536.jpg

Especially Rüdiger is frighteningly thin, couldn't he have been bulked up a little :biggrin:

Congratulations on your son, shout us to victory!

38 minutes ago, coco said:

We need to win this game to make a statement that we are the 2nd best team in the country, beating Manyoo would not of made that statement, despite them being in 2nd place.

Beating these will give the team a lot of confidence going into the business end of the season.

By the seasons end we could be the 3rd best team in Europe and 2nd best in England, that is the attitude Tuchel should be getting into the players.

Yes. But the team has to deliver the results to justify the attitude. Talk is cheap. 
Although I don’t believe that these sorts Of stats are relevant I’m still worried that Liverpuddle have lost 5 in a row at home and never in their history have they lost 6. 

Any team predictions?

Im interested to see who starts up top. Im expecting it to be Timo and Mount as inside forwards but I am curious if we will see Havertz instead of Giroud. Judging by his recent press conferences I dont think we will be seeing Tammy start.

Werner - Havertz - Mount

Kante - Kovavic

Chillwell                                      James

Rudiger - Christensen - Azpi

Mendy

I'd like CHO to play but im not sure if we're going to have a little more defensive thinking wing backs against Salah/Mane and their full backs.

Klopp and Tuchel know each other and I think are on friendly terms.

Liverpool are on a run of home losses so might settle for a draw and with our run of current from being toothless in front of goal might settle for that too.

In terms of the table a better point for us yet that would make our Everton much a six pointer as otherwise they climb above us. 

25 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Klopp and Tuchel know each other and I think are on friendly terms.

They are not on friendly terms. Tuchel has a much better relationship to Pep Guardiola.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https://www.kicker.de/tuchel-und-klopp-keine-engen-freunde-798844/artikel

Tuchel and Klopp - not close friends

Before moving to Stamford Bridge, Tuchel did not ask Klopp for advice: "I spoke to Pep." His advice was clear enough. "If I had called him (Klopp, editor), I hope," said Tuchel, "that he would not have called me back.

"Before moving to Stamford Bridge, Tuchel did not ask Klopp for advice: "I spoke to Pep." His advice was clear enough. "If I had called him (Klopp, editor), I hope," said Tuchel, "that he would not have called me back." "....because he doesn't want to play against me!"

You're leaving out the important part.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can say that both are on friendly terms but they are clearly not close to each other or close friends - which is often assumed because of their former clubs. It's true though that Pep and Tuchel are rather close - at least regarding their profession. It makes more sense to call Pep and ask about the PL and whatnot since they both follow quite the same footy-idea so there is that too.

Edited by weetee

16 minutes ago, TheGermanOne said:

They are not on friendly terms. Tuchel has a much better relationship to Pep Guardiola.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https://www.kicker.de/tuchel-und-klopp-keine-engen-freunde-798844/artikel

Tuchel and Klopp - not close friends

Before moving to Stamford Bridge, Tuchel did not ask Klopp for advice: "I spoke to Pep." His advice was clear enough. "If I had called him (Klopp, editor), I hope," said Tuchel, "that he would not have called me back.

Tuchel:   "Hi Jurgen, i just called to say don't call me, auf wiedersehen."

11 minutes ago, weetee said:

Also, I'm pretty sure you can say that both are on friendly terms but they are clearly not close to each other or close friends

When Tuchel joined 1. FSV Mainz as a U-19 coach in 2008, Klopp was just hired by Borussia Dortmund; nine years later he replaced him at BVB. You only see each other "at farewell games for players we both trained" or at UEFA coaching meetings, according to Tuchel. Most recently, according to Klopp, last summer, "when I was in Mainz for a few days". There are no regular meetings. "There are a lot of people we both know. That's it."

However, both of them appreciate each other as colleagues.

Do you mean they are on "friendly terms" as colleagues  ?

5 hours ago, Osgoodwasgood said:

4-5-1                                    

Mandy

James          Christensen            Silva            Rudi

Jorginho         Kova

Mount              Havertz               Pulisic

Werner

I was getting excited when I saw we were playing a woman in goal!

5 minutes ago, TheGermanOne said:

When Tuchel joined 1. FSV Mainz as a U-19 coach in 2008, Klopp was just hired by Borussia Dortmund; nine years later he replaced him at BVB. You only see each other "at farewell games for players we both trained" or at UEFA coaching meetings, according to Tuchel. Most recently, according to Klopp, last summer, "when I was in Mainz for a few days". There are no regular meetings. "There are a lot of people we both know. That's it."

However, both of them appreciate each other as colleagues.

Do you mean they are on "friendly terms" as colleagues  ?

No, in general. No idea why they shouldn't. They never had some kind of fallout or else and always spoke in the highest possible degree about each other. I don't think they actively go out having dinner together when in the same town, no - but who knows for sure.

To be on friendly terms doesn't mean you got to be close to each other. In private Tuchel is said to be extremely humble and friendly person and my wife + her family comes from the town/countryside Klopp is from, knew the father etc so I'm pretty sure he in private is also quite ok to get along so I don't really see why they shouldn't be on friendly terms - which in my understanding is something different than being "friends".