Chelsea v Everton (PL) Mon 8th Mar 2021 18:00 GMT

coco

As well as Havertz and Christenson thought RJ was strong and CHO appropriately willing to make a difference by running at players. Shame Alonso doesn’t have a bit more pace. 

one of the things Tuchel has done is to use the big squad effectively. Rotating a few players keeps the team fresh and keen at the pointy end of the season. Still hard to fit havertz and mount into the same team. One will be out of position. but havertz was pretty assured looking in front of goal and around the penalty area and that flowed through to the team. He will get more minutes. 

Had 1-0 in my prediction league, I’ll settle for 2 but would have taken more. Well Kai the donkey rescuer looked very comfortable up top dare I say as good as Olly or Tammy in that role although Kai is more of your ghost 9 he glides around and after a rehab job by Tickle looked like he’d been playing matches regularly  for weeks , all in all every player even Alonso giving it large on the pitch for the overall good of the team. And the manager, fairplay he’s applied German meticulous attention to detail and precision and re engineered the squad from the back (3 w AC reborn clean sheet glut) the midfield (double 6 w Jorge& Kova reborn) and for the first time today we saw the revamped attack, eventually more of those chances will get buried. And lastly the overall tactics/ system he’s created a system in a few weeks like City (not the 4 3 3) but one where all of the squad plug in and out seemlessly that affords lots of rotation leaving players fresh and raring to go. If he can get us the FA or CL cups & Kepa fixed in the off season he will be  a Chelsea legend in a few months a bit like RDM (2012  looks suspiciously similar to 2021 on paper)

Feeling carefree and up for 🍻 on a Monday after work! 

Edited by General
Shyte I pad pop up keyboard

Almost faultless performance with only Pickford and some iffy finishing preventing a more resounding scoreline.

It's hard to believe the transformation. Slowly but surely we are looking better in every department. Love the way we are knocking the ball about but are now creating more and players like CHO, Mount and now Havertz are expressing themselves. Top 4 spot is in our own hands now and as long as they don't let Chilwell come out and say something silly about us being unbeatable, the signs are good!  

48 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

You were gutted Zouma wasn't injured? Perhaps you may want to rephrase. Guy has had terrible knee injuries. I felt sick for 5 minutes after he went down.

Where did i say i was gutted he wasn't injured ffs! talk about twist words.

I would like to have seen him brought off as a precaution jut in case he had tweaked that knee. 

23 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Almost faultless performance with only Pickford and some iffy finishing preventing a more resounding scoreline.

It's hard to believe the transformation. Slowly but surely we are looking better in every department. Love the way we are knocking the ball about but are now creating more and players like CHO, Mount and now Havertz are expressing themselves. Top 4 spot is in our own hands now and as long as they don't let Chilwell come out and say something silly about us being unbeatable, the signs are good!  

Yea, Chilwell better keep his big mouth shut now. One would hope he had learned his lesson from the last time.  If you think about it, it's actually Chilwell fault that Lampard was sucked. Since he blabbed it all went downhill for Lampard. Lampard might just regret the day he signed him for Chelsea.

Edited by rocker_joker

Something I’ve observed. Pre-match sentiment about the lineup seems to be a reliable contra indicator on performance- the more negative it is, the better we seem to play and vice versa. Lots of concern about tonight’s lineup - best performance this season. Conversely, the mood was unanimously upbeat about the line-up for the Man City game. Didn’t work out so well. I’ll be worried next time everyone agrees with the lineup.

Best performance of the year for me.  So happy to see Kai make the most of his chance.  Timo is saving the clinical finishes for when we really need em.

We control 3rd place now with games against Hammers and Foxes left.  Manu could easily show up on or radar soon too.

Maybe best of all.....7 points clear of Liverpool!

Really nice performance. Good to score that second goal so we could relax a bit. Could’ve been more but Pickford made some good stops. Very impressed by how Tuchel has transformed this squad in such a short space of time. Not just the confidence, but the passing, the solid defending, the movement, everyone seems to know what they are doing. Wasn’t expecting such a radical transformation but credit to the players for buying into Tuchel’s ideas. We look a completely new side. 

Edited by Socrates

3 hours ago, General said:

Had 1-0 in my prediction league, I’ll settle for 2 but would have taken more. Well Kai the donkey rescuer looked very comfortable up top dare I say as good as Olly or Tammy in that role although Kai is more of your ghost 9 he glides around and after a rehab job by Tickle looked like he’d been playing matches regularly  for weeks , all in all every player even Alonso giving it large on the pitch for the overall good of the team. And the manager, fairplay he’s applied German meticulous attention to detail and precision and re engineered the squad from the back (3 w AC reborn clean sheet glut) the midfield (double 6 w Jorge& Kova reborn) and for the first time today we saw the revamped attack, eventually more of those chances will get buried. And lastly the overall tactics/ system he’s created a system in a few weeks like City (not the 4 3 3) but one where all of the squad plug in and out seemlessly that affords lots of rotation leaving players fresh and raring to go. If he can get us the FA or CL cups & Kepa fixed in the off season he will be  a Chelsea legend in a few months a bit like RDM (2012  looks suspiciously similar to 2021 on paper)

Feeling carefree and up for 🍻 on a Monday after work! 

Definitely agree with 2012 vibes

I see Werner doing a Torres in the UCL Semifinal

And Giroud scoring the winning penalty in the Final.lol

Great result, and a very controlled performance. We marshalled a very dangerous attack well.

We cannot get away from handball calls can we? As has been mentioned it looked to me to hit Kai in the exact same position that Timos arm was adjudged to be offside at Liverpool. One of those calls is wrong, for me it was the call on Timo.

Anyways thought the front 3 were really good today, linked superbly well and Kai in particular was outstanding. Wingbacks did their jobs really well defensively, alonso also looked good going forward, james less so.

Jorgi and kova controlled the midfield well, Zouma much better as one of the wide CBs. Christensen a rock again.

Credit to pickford who stopped us clocking up at least 5.

Tough challange passed with flying colours, well done to TT and the team.

What a fascinating game the Leeds match should be.

Can't be bothered to read through 20 pages, I am guessing there wasn't too much bitching on here last night. 

I have been openly critical about how boring the games have been under TT but against Liverpool and then again last night 2 of the best games since this time last season when Billy Gilmour destroyed Liverpool in the FA cup and we went in to annihilate everton at the bridge.

WOW what a game kai had, Wenger had a good game and Kovacic bossed the middle until kante came on for him and then he bossed the middle. 

What a performance....

Man city, man utd and Leicester to all fall apart and we pinch the title on the last game of the season 🤞

Hell of a performance, thought Tuchel made a mistake by rotating 5 players, happy to be wrong and he obviously knows a lot better. It's an improved performance over the one 4 days ago against a tough team. We created plenty, passed the ball well, and never under any real threat. Mendy made one real save and their 2 strikers never got going in the game. It would have been another 4:0 if not for Pickford, and Werner just blast the ball straight to GK over and over again. Havetz was a different player to the one last played for us 10 games ago, and we could win a game without Mount playing a blinder. Christensen looked class, expect a few clubs calling his agent. The work rate is exceptional, never seen our attackers sprint to press like that before, and Everton just couldn't play it out from back the whole game

I think it is time to take the wraps off Havertz. He played yesterday similar to how he played last year, fast and free. We need more of that. The combination of CHO, Havertz, and Werner looked very good together. The link up play with Jorghinio, Christenson and Kovacic is improving. I would like to see more chips and leading passes to take advantage of the speed upfront. 

I would like to see Chilwell play more regulArly over Alonso as he is more well rounded and a much better passer.

The games are also coming up pretty quickly. Mount and Jorghinio should play the entire game vs Leeds as they are both suspended for the Athletico Madrid game. 

4 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

Can't be bothered to read through 20 pages, I am guessing there wasn't too much bitching on here last night. 

I have been openly critical about how boring the games have been under TT but against Liverpool and then again last night 2 of the best games since this time last season when Billy Gilmour destroyed Liverpool in the FA cup and we went in to annihilate everton at the bridge.

WOW what a game kai had, Wenger had a good game and Kovacic bossed the middle until kante came on for him and then he bossed the middle. 

What a performance....

Man city, man utd and Leicester to all fall apart and we pinch the title on the last game of the season 🤞

You don't need to know anything other than..... GOL15 IS BACK!!!!! (and he's come with a vengeance) :biggrin: