Leeds Utd vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 13th Mar 12:30 GMT

Not really clicking in an attacking sense yet , lots of half/nearly chances. I wouldn’t make any changes yet I’d like to see the players out there get 10-15 mins to try get it right.

3 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I just don't get why you'd play all three out of position. Tuchel the tactical genius LOL.

On the evidence of that half, Pulisic and Ziyech can hardly complain if they collect arse splinters for the rest of the season ...

Pulisic has had some dangerous crosses.  Not sure what game you are watching.

My only complaint is a few times he tried to take on a player 1 on 1 when he could have gotten it to a player in space.

Very open at the start but it seems we started to exert more control as the half went on. Still feels like a match where anything could happen, although I expect the quality on our bench will work in our favour as the match wears on.

Like most people, I’ve been underwhelmed by Ziyech again and would take him off for either CHO or Werner, and move Mount central. He’s a good player but that injury seems to have killed his momentum and he’s struggling to get back to level he was at before.

Pretty manic game so far with chances at both ends, lost our shape a few times during that half.  Wondering if Leeds can keep up this pace though the entire game.  We need to get in front though with Bamford out their main threat of scoring now out of the game.  TT should reshape this half, bring on Werner and Kovacic, although I think he might get caught in possession more than Jorghino who has the quicker feet to get rid of the ball given the pace of the game, whereas Kovacic tends to like to run with it, which is what we need to drive at their defenders....could go either way this half, but I favour us to sneak a goal.  

I think if Havertz is going to work as a target man then he needs players running beyond him. Could do with someone like Werner, Abraham or Hudson-Odoi playing alongside him. The current setup doesn’t have that. 

I’d suggest perhaps taking Ziyech off for Hudson-Odoi or Werner - move Mount over to the right. Our buildups have primarily been coming via the right, Mount will help with that.

Just now, carrickblue said:

sounds like I haven't missed anything worth seeing - hoping the second half will be better judging by what everyone's saying

You missed one good moment, Leeds player clears the ball on edge of their box, hits it straight into another Leeds player and the ball loops back over their keeper who is just planted on the spot, ball hits the crossbar and lands in the keepers arms without him moving from that spot.

Just now, PloKoon13 said:

I think if Havertz is going to work as a target man then he needs players running beyond him. Could do with someone like Werner, Abraham or Hudson-Odoi playing alongside him. The current setup doesn’t have that. 

I’d suggest perhaps taking Ziyech off for Hudson-Odoi or Werner - move Mount over to the right. Our buildups have primarily been coming via the right, Mount will help with that.

The player most suited to run beyond the forward is Havertz. He should be the central one in the 3 in a 4-2-3-1. To accommodate that. I'd bring in CHO on the right and Werner up top as the HT subs ...

8 minutes ago, Valpo said:

Pulisic has had some dangerous crosses.  Not sure what game you are watching.

My only complaint is a few times he tried to take on a player 1 on 1 when he could have gotten it to a player in space.

Ah well done, I was wondering who would be the first to figure out that I wasn't actually watching the game in that first half !

Edited by Sexyfootball