Chelsea v Atletico Madrid (CL) Wed 17th Mar 2021 20:00 GMT

Get in! Brilliant performance dominant from start to finish both legs against one of the best teams in Europe, Rudiger & Kante unbelievable & Havertz, Werner Ziyech showing why we splashed the big money on them,

What a job Tuchel is doing, no one will want to draw us on current form. Loved the reaction from Silva Jorginho and Mount at the end there proper Chels.

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

Unbelievable performance tonight. Over two legs we completely outplayed the best La Liga currently has to offer. The way TT has transformed the team in such a short space of time is quite remarkable.

When I saw the starting line-up tonight I was not confident at all. But players who looked completely out of sorts a couple of months back now look totally different. TT is either a f**king tactical genius or he has sold his soul to the devil 'cos everything he does at the moment seems to come up trumps.

Simply brilliant tonight. MOTM between Kantes and Kovacic who were both outstanding but everyone played their part - even Ziyech!!!

I have to agree I’m amazed that we never look any worse off no matter who plays.  Now players I thought where not good enough and halfway out the door are now looking like champions.  Tuchel has done a great job so far.  If he can just get the attacking play more fluid we’re on to a winner.

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Not arguing for them and we more than deserved to go through.

Simply looking at it if Werner had been the one brought down we would be asking for a pen, and had Rudiger been sent off for that we would have called it Atleticos dark arts again.

Fair point. That being said Atletico was still using the dark arts today. So many dangerous tackles just flying in.

The Savic red was almost foreshadowed given that Kai's elbow was given a yellow early on. The ref drew a line early on that he's ok with playing advantage but elbows are no-no.

9 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Yeah, but only if Liverpool were to the win the Champions League as well, so we would have to be incredibly unlucky in that situation. 

I say let's just win the Champions League and then we won't have to worry about it😁

Ok Thanks for putting me correct on this and saving me a few £££ putting a bet on.

maybe iam giving chelsea a diss service when iam not thinking about us getting to CL final and 

lifting the trophy 

11 minutes ago, Deino said:

Having him on the team is like playing with 14 men. He was phenomenal tonight at starting attacks

He was - fully agree it was a brilliant performance, and having him on our team tonight was like having an extra man/men - he was everywhere. He also carried the ball forward well tonight and although sloppy at times, with balls just ahead/behind of the target, he did well going forward in what was a complete midfield performance, and a deserved MOTM.

At his best tonight. No doubt.

2 minutes ago, Deino said:

Fair point. That being said Atletico was still using the dark arts today. So many dangerous tackles just flying in.

The Savic red was almost foreshadowed given that Kai's elbow was given a yellow early on. The ref drew a line early on that he's ok with playing advantage but elbows are no-no.

Oh they certainly did and they tasted their own medicine. You need a no nonsense ref for a match with them. Thankfully we got one. 

3 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Joe cole just nailed it, we mostly see Kante as a destroyer and runner, but his technical ability is beyond reproach, not many can win a ball, run like Mo farah, and twist n turn like Hazard, now if he could score 10 odd goals a season...

Yeah just listened to that and Joe is spot on IMO. No questions about the creativity from Kante tonight. CHO should done much better from Kante's through ball second half. And first half he played a lovely weighted ball through to James in the box which our strikers should have done better with. A dominant all-round performance tonight.