Chelsea v Sheff Utd (FA) Sun 21st Mar 2021 13:30 GMT

That was an awful game to watch but we got the win. After a tough game on Wednesday, I can understand the team being tired. 

We would have likely had to play city in the final anyway. I wouldn’t want to get to the final and not win it - especially not 2 seasons in a row. 

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

That was an awful game to watch but we got the win. After a tough game on Wednesday, I can understand the team being tired. 

We would have likely had to play city in the final anyway. I wouldn’t want to get to the final and not win it - especially not 2 seasons in a row. 

To be fair we may play a blinder against City and then be limp again in the final. I mean look how good we were against a decent united and how awful we were against a poor Arsenal.

36 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

To be fair we may play a blinder against City and then be limp again in the final. I mean look how good we were against a decent united and how awful we were against a poor Arsenal.

That’s true. It’s so disappointing to get to the final and not win it. Must be even worse for the players. 

9 hours ago, TheGreatestGame said:

That had to be one of the worst officiated games in years. So many late and dangerous fouls and zero yellow cards issued. Many of the fouls wee right out in the open and were quite obvious. Makes you wonder if they picked up this referee from a Sunday morning over 40 league. 

I'm not complaining, Azpi's tangle with McGoldrick in the penalty area looked very messy, on another day ..................

What does strike me is 'clever' players now using wrestling techniques like neck pulls to stop a player breaking, he spotted those though no cards. 

We looked like such an accomplished team against Athletico and such muppets against Sheffield United. Same score line but so different. Either way we are winning or drawing and look hard to score against. City can’t win everything. Can they? Still fancy us to surprise people regarding the Champions League, not saying we will win it, but you never know about reaching the final. With regards to the FA cup, it will depend how seriously Thomas takes it.

14 minutes ago, rocker_joker said:

It seems like this guy (Ben Chilwell) just can't learn or won't learn to keep his big mouth shut about Chelsea keeping clean sheets.  He blubbed the same when Chelsea were on the unbeaten run under Lampard after which we know what happened. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/22/ben-chilwell-relishing-england-battle-with-luke-shaw-football

To be fair that is way different to his last one where he basically said we felt unbeatable.

In this article he is saying the team goes out confident we will keep a clean sheet, crediting the whole team for that and that it gives us a great platform to win games.

27 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

To be fair that is way different to his last one where he basically said we felt unbeatable.

In this article he is saying the team goes out confident we will keep a clean sheet, crediting the whole team for that and that it gives us a great platform to win games.

I hope you are right and he hasn't jinxed the team.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2021 at 09:32, axman2526 said:

To be honest we would question out players mentality if they were not gaining confidence from our run of clean sheets.

Today's game just proved that Chilwell just better keep his mouth shut.