Chelsea v WBA (PL) SAT 3rd Apr 2021 12:30 GMT

Eight goals conceded against West Brom this season that's a painful stat. Just hope it doesn't affect the players confidence for the rest of the season a result like this to a nearly relegated team might get some getting over.

Truly awful performance from team and coach

We started the game so complacent and slow, there was a serious attitude problem today

How Jorginho stayed on for 72 mins is a complete enigma, he was truly shockingly bad

Thiago Silva was stupid with the challenge and gave the referee the question for the yellow card

From then on, it was a complete clusterf**k by the coach who seriously needs to question his own decision making

Top4 is now more of an outside chance 

I don't care about the red card that was just a disgraceful performance. Especially with us being 1-0 up first. We should have been more compact and sttopped f**king around with the ball in defence.

Thiago Silva can go f**k himself 

Tuchel has to show he has a plan b. It would have made more sense to switch to a back 4 and played 441 . 

Just now, Scott Harris said:

It's not an anomaly though really. We have put in stinkers against Wolves, Southampton, Leeds and now West Brom under Tuchel in the league, and the two cup games have been pretty awful too. The game against United was pretty awful too.

Oh Wolves you say. His first game in charge? Jeez. What about beating Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton, QF of the CL? Disaster.  

10 men yes, but the way we just threw away the game was pathetic. I have never seen a 'big team' crumble like that after going down to 10. Embarrassing. Especially against a team/manager who are known for being more stubborn. Bayern for instance couple weeks ago went down to 10 men against Stuttgart at 0-0 and still won 4-0. Arsenal went down to 10 against Leeds earlier this season and still held for the point. We did not plan at all on dealing with 10 against 11. Kovacic is the only player to come out of this with any credit. He played really well despite being down to 10. Huge wake up call now.

3 minutes ago, Eight Times said:

The highlight of his managerial career is being England manager for one game.  f**k him.

I totally forgot about that. This result today had absolutely f**k all to do with him, the smug git.

4 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Jorginho is sh*te. I’ve said it for ages. He’s a system player. Biggest thing Frank got right was getting him out the team, happy to die on this hill, he’s always going to look good when we do nothing but dominate the ball & he can spray it 5 yards sideways and backwards, as soon as things go pear shaped he’s as good as a man short.

truer words were never spoken... we cant win english with him.. my nana covers ground faster than him... 

5 minutes ago, enigma said:

How do we get it so wrong with Werner ffs. I'd say we need to wait like with Salah, but f**k me he's poor. The same can be said for Pulisic, another waste of money. 

How can you say Pulisic has been a waste of money? He was good for us last season and injuries have clearly caught up with him this season.

4 minutes ago, BenCFC19 said:

You can see there's a player in there with Pulisic, just injury problems have complicated things. I can't see anything with Werner. Loses the ball constantly when running with it, brutal touch, barely gets into any goalscoring positions. Hopefully it's just confidence and he gets it back

People been saying that about Pulisic since he was 18 and a "wonderkid" but so far I'm just yet to see it. He isn't a game changer for me. 

Just now, BenCFC19 said:

You can see there's a player in there with Pulisic, just injury problems have complicated things. I can't see anything with Werner. Loses the ball constantly when running with it, brutal touch, barely gets into any goalscoring positions. Hopefully it's just confidence and he gets it back

I do not see Werner as a main threat in front of goal, he is more of a Barkley alternative.

I will take this defeat on the chin unless we bag 3 In the arse end of injury time . Its the next  prem game where we will see what our team is about and where it is after Frank was replaced with TT .  Hope TT has now learnt that you cant under estimate any team in the prem if you are wanting top four or above .

it looks like many on here should be asked to remove of their shoe lacers before going to the bogs ,alot Worse things happen at sea chaps .

I still think top four is possible  but the next prem game will answer that ,onwards and upwards fellas 

Lads I know we're disappointed and its going to take a while to forget but, its -3 goal difference and 3 points dropped. Are they crucial points I'll argue yes and no. We are still well and truly in the race for top 4 anyone can drop points at this stage.

Are we likely to catch 3rd now maybe not. We still have 8 games and 24 points to play for. Even if the hammers win we stay above them on goal difference.

We've been brought back down to earth after a 2 month period which we looked to be arguably the 2nd best team in the country. Look at the run of form we've had, the international break broke our momentum and now we have to start over again.

It's on the players and TT now to make sure this is just a blip. We look ahead now to Porto with a renewed will to win.

Edited by LongtimerLurker

1 minute ago, Dean said:

Oh Wolves you say. His first game in charge? Jeez. What about beating Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton, QF of the CL? Disaster.  

I never said those results weren't impressive, I was just pointing out that poor performances and dropping points against poor sides isn't an anomaly under Tuchel. It's happened many times so far.

1 minute ago, STATS said:

10 men yes, but the way we just threw away the game was pathetic. I have never seen a 'big team' crumble like that after going down to 10. Embarrassing. Especially against a team/manager who are known for being more stubborn. Bayern for instance couple weeks ago went down to 10 men against Stuttgart at 0-0 and still won 4-0. Arsenal went down to 10 against Leeds earlier this season and still held for the point. We did not plan at all on dealing with 10 against 11. Kovacic is the only player to come out of this with any credit. He played really well despite being down to 10. Huge wake up call now.

Bayern have the mentality and their coach too.. Had we left 4 in the midfield we would have won.. the manager bottled it at 1-0 10 men down... and the defenders between AC / Zouma and Mendy made a hash of a simple long ball.. zouma and mendy too had poor games for me.. he should have gotten to the second strike and also done better with the 1st....