Chelsea v WBA (PL) SAT 3rd Apr 2021 12:30 GMT

coco

4 minutes ago, coco said:

26.67% of the goals we've conceded in the league this season have been against WBA.

Just now, Sexyfootball said:

Topped only by the stat that 28% of the goals West Brom have scored have been against Chelsea ...

I think these need translated into a couple of pie charts

2 minutes ago, dan_cfc said:

If we didn’t know before it’s blindingly obvious we’re crying out for a top class midfielder kovacic as poor as he was, was doing everything himself at times.

Kova, apart from no goals, is easily our best Midfielder, and was head and shoulders above any of our other players, just needs some like a young Cesc around him....f**k a new striker, get some creativity in the middle, BTW did Havertz touch the ball when he came on?

Kante better be fit asap, Jorginho I've had enough of him, he f**king gifted West Brom this win, f**king got Thiago Silva sent off and assisted West Broms second. Can't believe we only got one point and conceded EIGHT!!! against a soon to be Championship side, it's f**king mental!!! And that guy Callum Robinson, he is f**king useless all season long, but he somehow managed five PL goals and all against Chelsea.

Jesus Christ this is impossible to digest, Jorginho is a complete tool, utter dross, we need to show him the door this summer, him and his stupid passing needs to f**k right off.

7 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I said in a post earlier, 'Stop blaming the ref', but that was the most clueless act of officiating i have seen, he is a dumbass c**t of a Ref, just remember his calamitous VAR decision, totally disgusted with ours and his performance....

Yes, you told me to stop blaming the ref, which I wasn't exclusively. The team has been off on hols today, but the ref should have given us a penalty, the yellows to Silva were soft as butter, and he's been overall useless. I'm not blaming the ref, but with a penalty given we would have been 2-0 up. Still, the coach and team have been dogsh*t today, and that's the reason for this embarrassment

On 28/03/2021 at 20:08, chi blue said:

It won’t be a bus, it will be that tanker stuck up the Suez canal

Well that tanker just steamed through our midfield and defence, mind you an over 60’s Rambling club could of walked through our lot today, thank f**k us fans weren’t allowed in, o well Easter Weekend, I’m over it already

Going purely of this game. Our best defense is Azpi, Andres and Rudi in a back 3. Wing backs CHO and Alonso. The pivot is debatable but Kova and Jorginho have been the main two, I think if Kante is fit its Kante and Kova. Front 3 is probably Mount, Giroud and any of Pulisic, Ziyech, Kai or Werner.

9 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He changed plenty of games for us last season. Once he got into the team, he was looking like he was going to go on to become a world beater. Probably would have continued it this season if he didn't pick up a hamstring injury in the F.A cup final and few more injuries since.

Pulisic was fantastic last year, i thought he was slowly getting better under Lamp this season then here come Tuchel with 2 no 10 and we are back to square one

9 minutes ago, enigma said:

He keeps getting injured though. How can we rely on him? 

wrong time to be picking on him. Esp as he was the one who put us in the lead before it all went tits up, and he wasent even there second half which was absurd. 

Edited by Oli

9 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

I think these need translated into a couple of pie charts

image.png.3f4d6d1da94139d7033545cf7c10c81b.png

The least I could do for you and your shiny hammers ... and shows that I got it wrong the first time round LOL ... actually 32% of their goals against us  🙂

Edited by Sexyfootball

1 minute ago, Bob stark said:

Pulisic was fantastic last year, i thought he was slowly getting better under Lamp this season then here come Tuchel with 2 no 10 and we are back to square one

We bought players for a 4321 and are playing a 5221 .. but why against west brom did we need 5 defenders...?

Just now, LongtimerLurker said:

Going purely of this game. Our best defense is Azpi, Andres and Rudi in a back 3. Wing backs CHO and Alonso. The pivot is debatable but Kova and Jorginho have been the main two, I think if Kante is fit its Kante and Kova. Front 3 is probably Mount, Giroud and any of Pulisic, Ziyech, Kai or Werner.

If Kante and Kovacic can play like they did against Atletico Madrid every week, then I would have the pair of them every time. That game was almost perfect from those two, they played with so much pace and quality, the way we set up that day got the best out of both of them. I just wish we set up to play that way every week, I'm sick of this slow build up play crap that we are seeing in the league.

19 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Lads I know we're disappointed and its going to take a while to forget but, its -3 goal difference and 3 points dropped. Are they crucial points I'll argue yes and no. We are still well and truly in the race for top 4 anyone can drop points at this stage.

Are we likely to catch 3rd now maybe not. We still have 8 games and 24 points to play for. Even if the hammers win we stay above them on goal difference.

We've been brought back down to earth after a 2 month period which we looked to be arguably the 2nd best team in the country. Look at the run of form we've had, the international break broke our momentum and now we have to start over again.

It's on the players and TT now to make sure this is just a blip. We look ahead now to Porto with a renewed will to win.

Agree with all except maybe that it will “take a while” to get over it. I think there’s a decent chance it will be forgotten after our next outing.

There are plenty of people who blamed Tuchel for lack of aggressiveness in our play today. Hmm, I am confused, I thought everyone has been praising him non stop, we have played the same way under Tuchel for more than 10 games now, you can kinda expect how the game pan out. If Silva didn't get red card, we probably would have won the game 1-0 or 2-0 while creating very little and concede little, rinse repeat. Once red card happen everything is difficult. 

Just now, Bob stark said:

There are plenty of people who blamed Tuchel for lack of aggressiveness in our play today. Hmm, I am confused, I thought everyone has been praising him non stop, we have played the same way under Tuchel for more than 10 games now, you can kinda expect how the game pan out. If Silva didn't get red card, we probably would have won the game 1-0 or 2-0 while creating very little and concede little, rinse repeat. Once red card happen everything is difficult. 

i dont think everyone has been praising him.. rather people have been silent since he was getting results.. but today his starting selection... tactical decisions and subs.. were a direct contributor in most people's eyes (including mine) to this result... 

I'm hoping Pulisic and Ziyech start vs Porto because they didn't really get to enjoy their starts this game properly due to being sacrificed.

I've defended certain players and I'll continue to do so but it doesn't mean I don't think they should be dropped. As much as I and others bemoan Rudiger sometimes I don't think we conceed half as many goals if its him and Andreas that start.

I can't fault TT for trusting Silva, despite the reverse fixture I'm not sure if he was aware of that game or not. Silva improved for us after that 3-3 here's hoping lightning strikes twice. I know he'll be hurting after today.

Sam's team had a game plan and they executed it well, the press did not allow Jorginho to establish a passing rhythm which means he's basically useless. Werner again didn't get a sniff off the goal and therefore was useless.

16 minutes ago, rocker_joker said:

A couple of weeks ago Bayern Munich played mid-table Stuttgart with 10 men from 12-th minute beiting team 4:0..makes you wonder

Bayern munich are now and have been at the stage of finished product as ze german League goes hence why they dicked that non descript tema 0-4 with 

zehn Männer . Chelsea are far from that stage or comfort at the moment why i see things 

9 minutes ago, Jangz said:

i think the Germans have a hodoo right now.. they lost to North Macedonia.. and now this.. 😕

Time to start  WW III with ze germans if the above is the case ,just dont send wenner over the top in the front line .

9 minutes ago, Jangz said:

i think the Germans have a hodoo right now.. they lost to North Macedonia.. and now this.. 😕

5 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Sad because I'm sure many of us were waiting to see T.Silva back, this is the worst thing that could have happened to him after not playing for 2 months... Tuchel went on a 5 game home run without conceding a goal and now we conceded 5, feels pretty bad. Specially since it's West Brom, a team we should win by default almost.