Chelsea v WBA (PL) SAT 3rd Apr 2021 12:30 GMT

29 minutes ago, rocker_joker said:

A couple of weeks ago Bayern Munich played mid-table Stuttgart with 10 men from 12-th minute beiting team 4:0..makes you wonder

They can afford to lose. They have enough quality to spank half their league. Even if some team manages to pip them to a title, they can just buy the best player from that team the following summer then continue their dominance again the next season.

We don't have such a luxury

Im not going to over react. 

Lunch time kick off after international break always had the potential to be a banana skin, and when you go down to 10 men after 30 minutes (wrongfully), it is always going to be a tough ask. 

We have had a good run, with some great performances, and im willing to chalk this one down as a bad day at the office. Jorginho was horrific, but he wasnt the only one, and Tuchel didnt get much right either today. 

Lets see how we react now, cant be killing the same players or system we were waxing over against Atletico. 

Hopefully this will be a shot in the arm, and maybe the lifting of unbeaten burden can help us kick on in the run in. 

Disappointed, angry with the the offficiating, but teams around us will have a few upsets aswell so still very much all to play for.

Thinking back, Wasn't Thiago absolutely awful against West Brom away earlier in the season?

On a different note I'm a little sad some of the supporters are starting to turn on Timo. I still think he's our best player by quite a distance, His attitude and workrate are top class and looks like the only player who makes things happen in the final third. I think he'll come good.

Edited by Luca Vialli
3 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

Thinking back, Wasn't Thiago absolutely awful against West Brom away earlier in the season?

On a different note I'm a little sad some of the supporters are starting to turn on Timo. I still think he's our best player by quite a distance, His attitude and workrate are top class and looks like the only player who makes things happen in the final third. I think he'll come good.

His attitude is very good. Work rate top class as you say but he just looks like an amateurish footballer. Put me on the field (a crap footballer) and ill give you the same. I'll burst my guts for the badge but I'll not be able to control or connect with the ball in order to score.

3 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

His attitude is very good. Work rate top class as you say but he just looks like an amateurish footballer. Put me on the field (a crap footballer) and ill give you the same. I'll burst my guts for the badge but I'll not be able to control or connect with the ball in order to score.

And how many goals did you score in the Bundesliga last year? 😄

Honestly, I think we're getting a little soft on all fronts.  That was a disgraceful performance - in ability, attitude and decision making.  Actually pretty embarrassing and credit to West Brom.

Could pick apart almost every facet of our team today.  95% is not enough in the PL, and that's generous to say we were even anywhere near 95% level today.

19 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

Maybe in a few years, not sure if it's with us

Mentally and physically weak today.

Our next 5 matches were the supposed to keep a distance in front of Liverpool before the last 4 tough matches.

We could be only 2 points in front after the first match.

Absolutely woeful today.

Jorginho - Terrible

Alonso - Terrible in defence

Azpi- Terrible

Zouma - Got bypassed time and time again for their goals.

james- Average at best, but not bad in attack. 

Thiago  Silva - Cursed against west brom

Tuchel - The worst of the lot. Terrible, atricious substitions. He constantly bangs on about the formation not being important, and as soon as Thiago got sent off, hes rushing to put another another defender in, and completely ruined any chance of us maintaining possesion. We ultimately got overrun, and then at the start of the second half instead of moving to a back four with more of a midfield presence, or taking jorginho off for a bit more in attack, he takes off Pulisic, after ziyech has also been substited. Luckily Mount can do about 3 roles in one, but we really werent helped at all. Also how did Werner stay on for the whole match with zero shots on target, but everyone around him got their orders, I wont discuss jorginho coming off only at the end before i lose it. 

One thing is clear Tuchel certainly has his favourites. Players like Azpi or Jorginho are guarenteed to play no matter their performances, when others could be scratching their head as to why they dont get the same luxuries afforded to them. I mean Pulisic barely ever gets any minutes, if not a 10 minute run out, and still gets subbed when atleast he posed some threat in the first half. 

22 minutes ago, dkw said:

A Sheffield player just made a very similar foul, which had a lot more contact and yet no booking.

That should have even been a red card and no foul was booking. That f**king ref cost us the game as well as Tuchel and Jorginho... 

Just a terrible feeling right now. I wish the Porto game was tomorrow

1 hour ago, enigma said:

People been saying that about Pulisic since he was 18 and a "wonderkid" but so far I'm just yet to see it. He isn't a game changer for me. 

Elephant in the room ..The same can be said for CHO.....he really isn't that good; yes flashes of brilliance once in a while and then goes missing for several games; generally overhyped IMO.  

7 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

That should have even been a red card and no foul was booking. That f**king ref cost us the game as well as Tuchel and Jorginho... 

Just a terrible feeling right now. I wish the Porto game was tomorrow

Ridiculous that there wasn't even a booking, it's 2 footed. Much worse than Silvas.

forget about who plays, formations etc

why can't we play with pace, energy, commitment , desire ?

How have we become so slow and ponderous ? And forget about " we are prodding and probing".

No, we are farting about , would rather play a 2 yard pass than taking a risk.

WBA,  managed by a dinosaur , gave us a lesson in movement , invention, and finishing.

Edited by The Rising Sun
Correction
2 hours ago, Stas1 said:

I do not see Werner as a main threat in front of goal, he is more of a Barkley alternative.

Too right. I really wish he was at Villa Park and not wasting everyone’s time at Stamford Bridge.

Up at 4.30 am by 5.15am had turned it off, too much to stomach so early in the day, was 2 bob from the start. So Tickle is human after all, but after a spanking from a 2 bob relegated team what can one say ! Thoroughly cheesed off and glad I went back to 🛌

2 minutes ago, Petworth Chelsea Fan said:

Worse thing at the end was listening to Aladyce gloating at the end of the game. Really laying it on with a trowel saying Silva should have seen red for his first challenge and that 10 men had no baring on the game.

I used to deliver in petworth, how is your end of the 272 doing these days?

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I never said those results weren't impressive, I was just pointing out that poor performances and dropping points against poor sides isn't an anomaly under Tuchel. It's happened many times so far.

I was referring more to overall trend in my post. But if you’re referring to results against poor sides I think you have to omit United and include Burnley and Newcastle. Then the trend becomes less pronounced. I still think it’s too early to say there’s an established trend here. We’ll know better by the end of the season. I think we’ll see a strong reaction to today’s clusterfxck in the coming games.