Jose for England?

Although I love my Club unconditionally, The fortunes of our national side is massive for me, hence why im fairly disgruntled at the fact that Southgate remains in charge of possibly the most promising group of players we have had for some time.

What are your thoughts of Mourinho as national coach? I feel his best days are behind him as a domestic coach, he doesn't seem to be able to get that week in week out consistency that was the hallmark of his teams.

However, his ability to focus on a particular match and get the desired result still remains in my opinion, and given the time he will get to prepare between matches for England I think there could be a good case to argue for him as National coach.

Having said that, im not sure the Bullsh*t establishment that has been our Achilles heel for so many years would ever entertain it, but im interested to hear what others think.

At first, I thought no way, but thinking about it, it could suit him. He’s scattered his seed enough now around English clubs to get mutual fan backing (well, to an extent).

The thing is, I don’t think he would. He likes the drama of the Premiership, the weekly mind games and I doubt he would want the duller management job. He wouldn’t be in the limelight as much as he craves. Not to mention, the money....I can’t see him getting close to the big deals he gets.

Above all that, from an English standpoint, he’s just not a very good manager anymore. He might possibly shine again at international level, but since that second season with us, he’s completely hit and miss wherever he goes. Poor man management let’s him down.

• Mod Stark changed the title to Jose for England?

Nice idea in principle and he was one of the favourites for the England job a few years back. 

Not sure you'd want to see a defensive minded coach in charge of a group of players whose biggest assets are their attacking players. It's probably the worst selection of England centre backs in my time following football. 

I don't particularly care for the national side personally and haven't watched any international games since the last world cup so they can give the job back to Big Sam for all I care. 

Hell no.

We’ve got a lot of attacking talent, the last thing we want is someone like Jose in charge. 

We need an attacking mentality manager to get the most out of this squad that boasts Sancho, Kane, Mount, Grealish, Rashford, Sterling and more. 

5 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Hell no.

We’ve got a lot of attacking talent, the last thing we want is someone like Jose in charge. 

We need an attacking mentality manager to get the most out of this squad that boasts Sancho, Kane, Mount, Grealish, Rashford, Sterling and more. 

Im not so sure he would be as negative, i think that side of his coaching is more to the fore with the week in week out format of domestic football. He's the master of getting one off results and that was the basis of my post.

But yes i 100% get your reservations

I have always wanted an English man in the job, having said that I always thought that Wenger would have made a good England manager so rubbished my own argument ! 

I think Jose has said quite a few times he wants to manage Portugal when his club career has finished,I reckon his wage demands might be a bit high to persuade him to manage England 

7 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

At first, I thought no way, but thinking about it, it could suit him. He’s scattered his seed enough now around English clubs to get mutual fan backing (well, to an extent).

The thing is, I don’t think he would. He likes the drama of the Premiership, the weekly mind games and I doubt he would want the duller management job. He wouldn’t be in the limelight as much as he craves. Not to mention, the money....I can’t see him getting close to the big deals he gets.

Above all that, from an English standpoint, he’s just not a very good manager anymore. He might possibly shine again at international level, but since that second season with us, he’s completely hit and miss wherever he goes. Poor man management let’s him down.

I think his ego gets in the way Mod Stark, and that has been the main reason for failure in recent years. He's still a clever coach if he can just get back to doing what he does best.

With regards to money, has'nt he got enough with all his sacking pay offs? Perhaps the thrill of World glory may refocus him to his former glory days. But i have been wrong before 😀

41 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Have a feeling once Southgate steps down, Frank might get asked.

If he does given the rumours about who he wanted to sign for us might indeed turn more interesting. 

Frank as England manager after southgate ? As things stand today i say no but the book stays well open for Frank to be manager of England 

after he has a few seasons of the learning process to be a manager .

• 3 weeks later...