FC Porto v Chelsea (CL) Wed 7th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

coco

Is it me or Azpi has been quite poor with the ball at his feet.. havent seen Chilly in the game apart from one crucial intervention... we are not playing well at all... with the two in the midfield.. i have forgotten what a real midfield looks like.. so laborious and slow.. cant pass more than 10yrds consistently..  i think JT was a better passer than these two..

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

He’s been pretty anonymous but the same could he said of Werner, they’re barely involved in anything.

We are not creating anything though; the CBs are just hoofing it upfield, we have no control in the central of the park, and James who has been seeing loads of the ball on the right has been piss poor with his delivery.

If we only had the quality and form like Porto have, we could kill games.

Havertz and Werner are completely are out of this game, our offensive game isn't there. We're inviting Porto too much, I have a feeling they will score. 

We defend pretty well, few corners we missed the first header and we should be ready for Pepe and Marega in free-kicks, corners, long balls.

Not a good performance so far but we have scored an important goal. Let's hope we will have the opportunity to double the score and kill the game with a proper defensive game.

COME ON CHELS!!!!

This Porto side is really good. Let’s give them that. I wouldn’t want to bet against them reaching the final. Our shape is all wrong I think. Match is crying out for Giroud at the expense of Havertz. Maybe Pulisic on for Werner but first things first.

1 minute ago, coco said:

what is lucky about Mounts goal ? yes we have looked meh, but that was class and deserves to be the winner.

Nothing is wrong with it, we’re lucky Porto have been wasteful with their chances!

4 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Credit for the assist of course but it was about a 5 yard pass, but it was forward so that’s progress 😆!

Stepped into the space and delivered a quality forward ball. Was having a poor game up to that point but without Jorgino being positive that goal doesn't happen.

6 minutes ago, goose said:

The Germans maybe quiet but the service to them has been woeful. 

Yep, they haven't been given a chance. The passes forward are terrible. One of Kovacic or Mount need to get on the ball higher up the pitch, they are being pushed back too far. They can't offer support being that deep.

Edited by Scott Harris

Just now, Dean said:

This Porto side is really good. Let’s give them that. I wouldn’t want to bet against them reaching the final. Our shape is all wrong I think. Match is crying out for Giroud at the expense of Havertz. Maybe Pulisic on for Werner but first things first.

Giroud depends on quality service, we are not creating anything so he is pointless. We bring him on and we will start hoofing it upfield, which will be ideal for Porto.