FC Porto v Chelsea (CL) Wed 7th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

2 minutes ago, ducavis said:

We are not creating anything though; the CBs are just hoofing it upfield, we have no control in the central of the park, and James who has been seeing loads of the ball on the right has been piss poor with his delivery.

Ohh I don’t disagree at all, I’ve already given my opinion on both our centre midfielders, I don’t think either are good enough as much as Kova is lauded. I still think Werner should be making more of an impact - come to receive the ball, drop deep - something, anything to get involved. 
Although, we’ve had this problem before when we go false 9. It worked for Barca in their peak because they were all world class players and there was goals from different positions but we don’t have that. I never understood why we play it, unless we have no fit strikers, that’s the only time I think it makes sense.

2 minutes ago, mojo said:

I’m still raging we have to fly 1,5k  miles twice when Porto has 300miles to Sevilla. why dont we play rematch in Amsterdam or France or something

f**k off

You're quite an angry young man aren't you Mojo? 

Can't fault the passion. 

3 minutes ago, just said:

Stepped into the space and delivered a quality forward ball. Was having a poor game up to that point but without Jorgino being positive that goal doesn't happen.

I said credit to him for the assist but that’s just not an assist to write home about for me. If you think it is, fair enough but players at this level should be capable of playing a 5/10 yard forward pass without significant pressure, but it was good to see him looking to go forward rather than sideways. If he done that more often, it would make him a much better player in my opinion.

1 minute ago, ducavis said:

Giroud depends on quality service, we are not creating anything so he is pointless. We bring him on and we will start hoofing it upfield, which will be ideal for Porto.

Giroud or Abraham gives a point of focus in attack, they would move the centre backs around, mqke it so they need to pick them up andkeep them from being able to go cover the Porto full backs. Currently we have nothing to pass to in the middle, no way of moving the ball up the pitch, hold it up and allow our other players to get up too. It's a waste of a player putting havertz there, he's best coming from deep to get beyond that central striker. Thus just isn't working at all, it needs changed or we will continue to be dominated and concede.

1 minute ago, mojo said:

I’m still raging we have to fly 1,5k  miles twice when Porto has 300miles to Sevilla. why dont we play rematch in Amsterdam or France or something

f**k off

The Netherlands have a quarantine rule as well, France may have one too.

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Mason Mount, once again, showing the expensive new signing, big time Charlies, how it's done. 

When he scored that goal, I thought for a second it was Havertz and then I regained my sanity ;). Joking apart that was exactly the sort of thing I was expecting from Havertz when we signed him. 

4 minutes ago, mojo said:

f**k off

Something to do with the restrictions in place with those countries maybe? I don’t know the ins and outs of them all to say, it does seem strange though as we don’t even have a close “home” tie.

I did not see the usual pressing in the opposite half. I didn't understand those long balls sent by the defenders. A bad first half,lucky thing we scored. It was as if the break for the national team matches f... us.

3 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

We need Giroud early in the 2nd half, not just for his presence up front but also for defending set pieces. 

Porto have looked hugely threatening from set pieces. 

I agree that Porto looked dangerous from set pieces but Havertz isn't a short guy, the problem that I see is that Christensen and Azpilicueta aren't doing well enough in the air.