FC Porto v Chelsea (CL) Wed 7th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

coco

1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

Porto has to score atleast 3 goals against us. I can't see it happening but then I didn't see WBA scoring 5 against us so let's not get too carried away

No no, away goals count double. 

Gritty performance

Great first goal by Mount

Comfortable victory though it never felt fully in control 

James had a very good game

Our German forwards might as well had a tour of the beautiful city of Seville

The subs were good tonight, good strength in depth

Chilwell gets the icing on the cake

One step beyond

Not our best performance but we won an important game, two away goals, clean sheet and our defense looked good after our loss to West Brom.

Porto is a talented team, they're missing experience and killing instinct, I wouldn't say the game is over, but we're clearly step closer.

Let's keep that good form going.

COME ON CHELS!!!!

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Great win. Massive 2 goal advantage, I don't think Porto has the quality to overcome this now, bring on Real Madrid...

They said on BT that the two players suspended for Porto tonight have scored over 40% of their goals this season. I wouldn't take anything for granted yet Gol.

1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

Porto has to score atleast 3 goals against us. I can't see it happening but then I didn't see WBA scoring 5 against us so let's not get too carried away

I have a feeling the players were that rattled they could be nodding off and someone could whisper the words 'west brom' and they would all suddenly wake up.

Porto organised and pressed well, but didnt really create much, maybe they will be more dangerous with the 2 attackers back next week.

I thought we were okay, great result, and good to get back to another clean sheet.

On the ball i thought we were poor, overhitting so many through balls over the top, I know the forwards need to be better, but it takes a moment of genius like Mount showed to create any openings. That being said, Pulisic hit te bar, and Azpi missed from 3 yards out, do it couldve been more.

Fantastic goal from Mount, really looking like a big game player now.

I havent been Chilwell's biggest fan, but he took that goal fantastically, and he was solid aswell.

I dont think the 1st 2 subs were the right call from Tuchel, but Kamte and Thiago silva was a good move, and calmed us down.

Job half done. 

Weird Game.

Would say Porto played the better football and looked very skillful at times but very little end product. Thankfully, they always got that final pass wrong and attacks fizzled out. For once, we were more clinical than our opponents and looked stronger as the game went on and could have won by a couple more.

Scrappy at times but Job Done and well done to All.

Just now, just said:

They said on BT that the two players suspended for Porto tonight have scored over 40% of their goals this season. I wouldn't take anything for granted yet Gol.

Fair enough.