FC Porto v Chelsea (CL) Wed 7th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

34 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Any one watching this on BT sport, what the f**k was Fletcher on about , we aint got a game till next Tuesday, as we got knocked out the FA Cup, i had to rewind it 3 times?????

I know!  a) we are playing this weekend  b) it's not the FA cup this weekend, it's the following weekend and   c) we're in the FA cup.  

It takes some skill to utter such a short sentence with so many things wrong in it!

And then he followed that by saying we've never lost to Porto at Stamford Bridge.  Which may have been relevant if the next leg was at the Bridge but is otherwise meaningless. 

5 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

Anyway you stayed calm and gave good examples. I like that prudence (right word? Not native) from people. 

I am native and I haven't got a bloody clue....my wife is good at all that wordsy stuff but I'm as thick as sh*t. It sounds impressive so I'm going to give it to you whether or not its right

1 minute ago, seveN said:

Champions League Porto = Portuguese League Porto. A diving show. 

I wasn't expecting much from Porto but I wasn't sure we would get it going in attack. 2 great goals. Clinical. More of this in the second leg please.

Porto have been fantastic so far and applied some decent pressure, it was a great win tonight!

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

I know!  a) we are playing this weekend  b) it's not the FA cup this weekend, it's the following weekend and   c) we're in the FA cup.  

It takes some skill to utter such a short sentence with so many things wrong in it!

And then he followed that by saying we've never lost to Porto at Stamford Bridge.  Which may have been relevant if the next leg was at the Bridge but is otherwise meaningless. 

He is a Cock of the highest Tottenham crest order, Savage is actually a great observational co commentator btw

Great result for a first leg.

Nice goal by Mount though haven't seen Chilwell's yet.

Thought the ref was good for us tonight  James elbowed Marenga and got away with it and later Azpi's push on Marenga again though soft felt it was tempting fate.

Fate was with it today ::HeAdS:::

2 hours ago, SFL82 said:

The defensive lineup that conceded 2 in 14 games? Shocking 

Not the personal, i meant we had a defensive formation with no real striker. 

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Thought the ref was good for us tonight  James elbowed Marenga and got away with it and later Azpi's push on Marenga again though soft felt it was tempting fate.

He didn't fall into their diving traps. Neither of the incidents you mention was a foul but worse referees would have been duped. A light breeze knocked them over and then they got up waving around for cards. Actually some of the worst diving I've seen since they bought in the yellow card for simulation.

3 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Always the same with those stupid streams. I nearly had a stroke with how cool Chilly was. 

30 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Under normal circumstances I would say job done. But given we are away for our home game and they have their best two scorer to return I dont feel it is game over yet.

Totally agree with you. I also remember us beating Liverpool 3-1 in Anfield in the first leg of a champions league semifinal and thinking with 3 away goals we were good. Liverpool went up 2-0 early in the game and the game ended 4-4.

I do feel confident though because hoefully we have a fully fit SIlva and Kante for the second leg

Absolutely incredible result, buzzing. We rode our luck at times and Porto were the better team for long periods. But Mount really got us through it and second half we seemed to play much better. As i said before the match, id take any sort of result as long as we get through, and this result is more than we could of hoped for. Amazing from the lads.

7 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Savage is actually a great observational co commentator btw

Really? I'm often vaguely aware that he is wittering on, but never actually take in what he's saying.  I did notice him saying about 6 times that Mendy had a wide shot covered.

3 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Totally agree with you. I also remember us beating Liverpool 3-1 in Anfield in the first leg of a champions league semifinal and thinking with 3 away goals we were good. Liverpool went up 2-0 early in the game and the game ended 4-4.

I do feel confident though because hoefully we have a fully fit SIlva and Kante for the second leg

Oh God!  I remember that - I was pacing up and down in front of the tv, couldn't keep still, couldn't watch. especially their penalty!  One of the most tense matches I remember!

21 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Yeah but other than all that, he got everything right.

Professional performance and a well deserved result.  We had a absorb some pressure and for most parts we did, Mendy made some good saves and Azpi had one of his better game at the back. Jorginho lifted himself after the shocker on Saturday, and Mount should never be dropped if we want to win the game. We created good chances against a solid team, and the last goal just shows if we be brave and create those 1 on 1 chances, usually the better player will win the battle. Can't fault anyone's performance and attitude, so maybe WBA was just a blip.

10 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

To be honest i see Jorginho having a man of the match display. If there is someone in this squad who always turns up after a bad performance it is Jorginho, besides i think European football suits him better than the premiership. i predict 1-3 win for chelsea with Jorginho scoring a penalty

I am not the one to toot my own horn but..   LMFAOOO

Man of the Match: Jorginho (Chelsea)

Jorginho with his award

Jorginho with his awardUEFA via Getty Images

"He gave the pass to Mount for the first goal and was always offering to take the ball. Also very good defensively and in the right place throughout."
Cosmin Contra, UEFA Technical Observer

Edited by The Don Antonio
10 hours ago, donnyblue said:

Well i went for a 15 min dump this morning and have gotten the wba mullering out of my system 100% . I flushed the bog twice since its quite a distance to thfc / afc .  CL tonite vs FC Porto and iam going all in with my poker chips  ssssswwwoooosssssshhhhhhs for a chelsea top of the tree performance but a slight win by two  goals.Very tight at the back whilst frustrating up front = back to normal type of service  .

Not one for blowing me own trumpet but after just watching the game on playback my above prediction was quite spot on . My only question is was it a top of the tree performance or was it that fc porto were lacking upfront ? 

The team doesn't have the big match experience to play like champions in big games so no surprise we were nervy but still fairly solid at the back

The best thing was that Mount is getting better at shooting. That's really important. But I must say as good as Mount's was I enjoyed watching Chiller's goal more and feel that was the goal that will likely secure his place in the team.

As average as Havertz and Werner were tonight I personally thought the passing from midfield and the passing from defence was well below what we were doing before the international break. And I'm not sure that Jorginho is fully fit. If I compare what we were doing to what Bayern.PSG, Real were doing the least that can be said is we need to improve that aspect.

7 hours ago, ozboy said:

As average as Havertz and Werner were tonight I personally thought the passing from midfield and the passing from defence was well below what we were doing before the international break. And I'm not sure that Jorginho is fully fit. If I compare what we were doing to what Bayern.PSG, Real were doing the least that can be said is we need to improve that aspect.

They weren’t that good.

Edited by Snedger