FC Porto v Chelsea (CL) Wed 7th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

I cant understand why people have Giroud starting. Hopefully Tuchel isnt that Knee jerk. I think Pepe and Mbemba will eat Giroud or Tammy for Dinner . Playing a physicsal striker that relies on crosses helps the porto defense. We need players with movement and intelligence to score against Porto. Giroud can be a good super sub. will go for

Mendy

AZpi       Christensen   Rudiger

James     Jorgiho      Kovacic          Chilwell

Mount

Havertz                Werner

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Good results for City and Liverpool tonoght that put them in the drivers seats for leg 2.

Hopefully we do a good job tomorrow and put ourselves in the box seat for our "home" game.

Liverpool lost 3-1 

We can’t drop everyone one from the westbrom game so we need to see some character and who will be able to pick them selves up. 

Silva can regroup and we need his experience,  and character, unfortunately we have to go Jorginho because kante is our although if it was he I’d stick mount or havertz in there. 

Who I would choose:

Mendy 

Azpi       Silva    Rudiger 

James          Kova      Mount         Chillwell 

ziyech               havertz 

Giroud 

Who I think will play: 

Mendy 

Azpi   Silva    Rudiger 

James       Kova    Jorginho      Alonso 

Mount                Timo 

Giroud 

1 hour ago, petre ispirescu said:

I'd have Thiago Silva start, too, it's the last eight of the CL, tons of experience, can't have him on the bench and Jorginho out there after that horror show at the week end.

Agree- arguably never a stronger case for starting Silva than today. similar principle to the tube being safest in the immediate aftermath of a terror attack, or the best time to buy stocks being after a crash...when you least feel like it. I hope I don’t come to regret these words!

31 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

To be honest i see Jorginho having a man of the match display. If there is someone in this squad who always turns up after a bad performance it is Jorginho, besides i think European football suits him better than the premiership. i predict 1-3 win for chelsea with Jorginho scoring a penalty

Underrated view. We want players to get dropped for a poor performance, and I’m guilty of this too, but this approach fails to factor in the potential reaction of the player in question and assumes the player can’t learn from their mistake. 

44 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

To be honest i see Jorginho having a man of the match display. If there is someone in this squad who always turns up after a bad performance it is Jorginho, besides i think European football suits him better than the premiership. i predict 1-3 win for chelsea with Jorginho scoring a penalty

Gonna be hard to score 3 goals without a penalty judging by how we have been attack-wise recently...

In any case you're right this is a great chance to bounce back!

I hope Tommy really did have a 'wake up call' and we'll now see a more attacking team, Kante would start if fully fit for me.

My starting/finishing XI 

Mendy

Azpilcueta      Silva     Rudiger

Jorginho     Kovacic

Ziyech       Havertz         Mount       Pulisic

Werner

Mendy

Azpilcueta      Silva     Rudiger

Kante     Kovacic

Havertz       Mount       Pulisic

Werner

Giroud   

I'll let Tommy decide the 3rd sub 

Well i went for a 15 min dump this morning and have gotten the wba mullering out of my system 100% . I flushed the bog twice since its quite a distance to thfc / afc .  CL tonite vs FC Porto and iam going all in with my poker chips  ssssswwwoooosssssshhhhhhs for a chelsea top of the tree performance but a slight win by two  goals.Very tight at the back whilst frustrating up front = back to normal type of service  .

............................................Kepa

............Azpi........................Silva......................Rudiger

Alonso...........Jorginho..............Kovacic........James

.........................................Mount

................Havertz................................Werner

Kepa, I dont know?

Can see T.Silva starting this one as he'll be unavailable for the upcoming league fixture that Christensen will obviously start. I'd like to see something like the below, maybe CHO starting too but not sure who for. Havertz and Werner interchanging up top.

Mendy

Azpi   Silva   Rudiger

James   Kovacic   Jorginho   Chilwell

Mount   Werner   Havertz

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Yes they did, but when you consider the they lost 4-1 at another spanish giant and went through in the second leg at Anfield 3-1 is an improvement lol.

Indeed, and it’s certainly possible. Different Liverpool now though