FC Porto v Chelsea (CL) Wed 7th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

3 minutes ago, reparto corse said:

To be honest the only selection I don't understand is leaving Thiago Silva on the bench. We need his experience in a game like this. The first yellow card against WBA wasn't even his mistake, it was completely on Jorginho. Then the second yellow was just unlucky as he tried to block the shot and mistimed the tackle slightly.

Why do we have to rush him into the line up because it is Silva. Us shoe horning him into the lineup slapped us in the face againsat West Brom. Its not like we have been terrible with him out of the team.

Or may be he is just rusty and in that case some extra training sessions should help. We will need a fully fit Silva and Kante in the second leg

Just now, dkw said:

You crazy fool....

It told me that 100% of the 5th stand picked a different goal scorer than me, if he does I'm the only one getting the points for it 👍 I was going to give up on it after Saturday's match because people were still getting 70 or 80 points despite that thoroughly unpredictable outcome....I think it might be fixed. I will give it one more chance though

4 minutes ago, coco said:

could be just injury/fitness

or punishment.

take your pick

I reckon he is just a bit off the pace and too much riding on this game, I have to say AC reinvented himself but I’m getting Barca flashbacks...Silva wouid have made me feel better 

1 minute ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Gilmour must be thinking wtf, i played better on the bench, than that slow ol bugger!!

Gilmour not even on the bench. 2 left backs are though...

4 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Good I got kova as our first scorer

I might have to reinstate the long running bet I had with my old man years ago about whether a certain player will score this season. Just swap Kova in for Mikel.

Not a bad starting XI if they turn up. I’m not a fan of Jorginho at the moment, but if Tuchel is not using Gilmour, there’s no alternative with Kante coming back from injury. The front three will be fast for Pepe, but he’s a tough and experienced defender. Let’s see how Werner fares against him.

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

I might have to reinstate the long running bet I had with my old man years ago about whether a certain player will score this season. Just swap Kova in for Mikel.

It's worth a punt I reckon, when he plays he has on average 131 shots per match....one of them is bound to go In off a lucky deflection at some point

3 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

It told me that 100% of the 5th stand picked a different goal scorer than me, if he does I'm the only one getting the points for it 👍 I was going to give up on it after Saturday's match because people were still getting 70 or 80 points despite that thoroughly unpredictable outcome....I think it might be fixed. I will give it one more chance though

385.gif

4 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

It's worth a punt I reckon, when he plays he has on average 131 shots per match....one of them is bound to go In off a lucky deflection at some point

He needs to wear an Inter Milan top under his team shirt, seeing as thats the last time he scored a few....

11 minutes ago, dkw said:

Gilmour not even on the bench. 2 left backs are though...

WT the f**kety f**k, if a midfielder isn't a higher priority than an untried potential, then we should all give up and watch the Darts

Edited by Ballack & Blu
24 minutes ago, dkw said:

Mendy; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger; James, Jorginho, Kovacic, Chilwell; Mount, Havertz, Werner ..

Told you, false f**king 9, and Jorginho starts. Yay....

Hudson-Odoi or Gilmour would be nowhere near the starting 11 if they put in a performance like Jorginho did against West Brom.

Very fluid front 3 we should see lots of movement and pace. Everyone should be on their A game today after Saturday we need to prove it was a blip and that 11v11 we can beat anyone. There is no easy teams from now on and this only the first leg so nothing can be taken for granted.

That being said the first leg against Athleti was where we put the foundations for us to win the tie. Another away goal or two and a win on the night will do us well. Not a must win game, a draw will be ok but a win will always put us in a favourable position heading into the 2nd tie.

13 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

I got 23 points last Saturday 🤔

14 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

I reckon he is just a bit off the pace and too much riding on this game, I have to say AC reinvented himself but I’m getting Barca flashbacks...Silva wouid have made me feel better 

Plus Silva is very well rested :wink: