Palace v Chelsea (PL) SAT 10th Apr 2021 17:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

This one will be interesting does he bring on a few that disappointed last week in a hope that they know where they went wrong and they give us another good response? With Porto mid week rotation for a few is needed. I'd like to see Giroud Puli and Ziyech up top. CHO and Alonso on the wings or Chillwell as long as he is able to play mid week. Emerson could finally get another start as well. The midfield and defense is where I'm unsure.

Mount probably deserves a rest but with how crucial he is maybe he starts and comes off around 60mins or maybe comes off the bech at that time instead. Kova I'm not sure if this overload and so maybe needs a break, Kante we don't want to rush back but he looks like he's practically back to fitness. Billy hasn't had a sniff in the league but this could be his chance unlikely as it sounds. Jorginho could be given a break also.

Def I don't know what to say, Kurt if he is picked will be shown a lot of confidence from the gaffer and will therefore need to justify it. Rudiger needs to play and maybe Cesar needs a break. If Thiago is in fact suspended, I'd expect he maybe starts against porto and that most likely means Andreas, Rudi for this game.

I would risk it and go with Giroud up front and behind him Havertz-Ziyech and CHO-James on the wings while Kante would start a bit deeper this time along side Jorginho.

That would be a rotated squad and then against Porto Tuchel would have a more fresh Mount, Werner, Kovacic, Pulisic and either Kante or Jorginho depending who rested more after Palace.

23 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Farting around with a one goal lead is doing my nut in, weve  been lucky with the opponents missing nailed on chances in many games.

How many games have opposition missed nailed on chances? Sheffield at home in the cup but I can't think of any others. 

5 hours ago, RMH said:

I have no doubt that Tuchel will rest players for Tuesday as he's done so far, but I hope that he has learnt by now the lesson and does not change 7-8 players as his usual rotation. Another thrashing this time by CP and I can see fans rioting.

At this point I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt he's simply prioritising CL. While I do agree there's every chance it will backfire (could lose us top 4 and we're still far from favs for CL) I can't say I'm unhappy we're prioritising winning this CL over merely qualifying for the next one. We use to laugh at Arsenal when they done the opposite.

14 minutes ago, Argo said:

How many games have opposition missed nailed on chances? Sheffield at home in the cup but I can't think of any others. 

At this point I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt he's simply prioritising CL. While I do agree there's every chance it will backfire (could lose us top 4 and we're still far from favs for CL) I can't say I'm unhappy we're prioritising winning this CL over merely qualifying for the next one. We use to laugh at Arsenal when they done the opposite.

For me it’s not about getting top 4 v CL, it’s about rotating players with a balance and without getting battered by dross like West Brom or putting in bad performances like Leda or Sheffield Utd. You can’t rotate 7 players at once, get a balance to start with and then make apchanges earlier if the game is going well.

15 hours ago, mojo said:

according to the press con Tammy is not so in the picture for the rest of the season or something between the lines

15 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Aye sounds like it. He has missed a lot of game time but has still be more useful to us in that time than Werner...lol

I don't think he was hinting that. I think he is just making it clear that he has returned at a stage, where all the other attackers are also fit, so game time will be difficult. But he definitely will get game time, I am sure about it. Whether it coming as a sub etc, I would not be surprised to see him even start one of our next three games against Palace, Porto or Brighton.

34 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

Does Azpi need a rest? Would you guys trust Emerson at his place?

Backline of : CHO - Emerson - Christensen - Rüdiger - Alonso

Don´t know how i should feel about this...

I think u should feel like booking an appointment with a shrink. lol. Just kidding but emerson at RCB is madness. We can play Zouma there if u want Azpi rested

1 hour ago, The Don Antonio said:

I think u should feel like booking an appointment with a shrink. lol. Just kidding but emerson at RCB is madness. We can play Zouma there if u want Azpi rested

Haha yeah true Zouma is the right call. Its just Tuchel sees him as a RCB/LCB thats why we have two "LB's" on the bench most of the time. 

5 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

Thanks for the reminder, I'm going Kova again and again 100% of 5th stand voters predicted a different goal scorer to me.

Let's hope he plays

It took me about 4 matches to realize that naming Werner as our first goalscorer was a no-hope strategy. You'll get there too.

Cue a Kova screamer...