Palace v Chelsea (PL) SAT 10th Apr 2021 17:30 GMT

coco

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Ah yes the grunge phase - I used to hang out with the grunge/emo kids (aka my fellow weirdos) at school and developed an appreciation for the music from them. 

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

The what from what? Can we just talk football again? I feel our socks have not gotten enough credit. Just look at how they enphasized Zouma's majestic calfs! Or is it calves? Lower legs it is!

I feel sorry for you young guys, not getting able to appreciate the real rappers of the 80s and 90s, like Eric B and Rakim, Cool G rap, the juice crew, and others.  If you ever get a chance, find the song ‘the Symphony’ by Marley marl.

1 minute ago, Phillip said:

I feel sorry for you young guys, not getting able to appreciate the real rappers of the 80s and 90s, like Eric B and Rakim, Cool G rap, the juice crew, and others.  If you ever get a chance, find the song ‘the Symphony’ by Marley marl.

You know we can listen to music from other decades right? My old man pretty music drilled all the music from 70s in to my subconscious :laugh2:

I tried, really I did, but I cannot deal with Jay Z, Coldplay, Taylor Swift, or any of the relatively new crap.  Give me the ocean by Led Zeppelin any day, or anything by Biz Markie.

That game and result very helpful to the season. Not too taxing either physically or mentally. Kova and Jorginho didn’t have to worlk too hard. Fun to watch. 

Very impressive first 30 minutes. Very clinical.

Overall a very good display and nice to finally score more than two in a game for TT.

In general we dont create enough chances but today we did and our woeful second half finishing cost us a bigger margin of victory. Havertz alone should have scored 4. His movement and control was superb but he had to finish better. 

The best 30 something minutes played under Tuchel, the passing, movement was superb, Palace had no idea what was going on here. Tuchel learnt his lesson and sent out a strong team, the players responded and we look a league or two above them. Their lack of high pressing definitely helped, once Kovacic and Jorginho had time to look with ball at their feet, the attack movement started and we never looked back. Having said that, Kovacic had 2-3 players on him on several occasions and got away easy. Havetz was great with his movement and first touch, shooting was decent and the GK had to make a couple of really good saves. Pullisic is getting back to where he was last season, arrived at the right time in the box to finish off those chances. Mount just added the energy and speed we missed last week when we were ahead. It's the perfect game before the CL tie, and for once we don't have to talk about Werner after a game 😄

9 hours ago, Phillip said:

You forgot Salt N Pepa. I was just about born in the 80's and I remember about half of the 90s but my music taste was gifted to me by my father he's the one that got to decide what we listened to. Which was 70s and 80s and maybe a bit of very early 90s, Mostly just Meatloaf towards the end of my childhood I remember my mum hated him so that's all my dad played and I found it hilarious, now I find out my wife hates meatloaf so hopefully my kids will grow up to love him too.

There is a few modern-ish songs I quite like. Some of oasis and coldplay, definitely a bit of avril lavigne but that was less the music and more the musician 

7 hours ago, bluesfan said:

We did worse. Conceded 5 to a relegated team.

Your slightly missing the point which is that these upsets occur pretty frequently but when it happens to us it’s as if the world is ending, as was the case after last week’s game. Also I’m not sure that was worse. 10 man chelsea losing by 3 to relegation battling WBA is about = to full-strength league leaders losing by 1 to 10-man mid-table Leeds. The mood on here would, i reckon, have been equally unforgiving.

Most impressive performance of the season yesterday for me, Yes we played well against Atletico, but we were purring yesterday. It was a performance that has been dying to get out for most of the season, our approach play in most games has been good only to be let down continuously by a poor final pass or end product, but yesterday it all came together.

We need to take encouragement from this and the belief that we can do it on a more regular basis and against better teams.

KTBFFH

Spurs away, Barnsley away, there were others where we led a charmed life . I don't mind winning by one goal, but ffs I wish we wouldn't invite pressure when there are other options.

Anyway, can't have any complaints at the moment.

come on you BLUES 

1 hour ago, The Rising Sun said:

Spurs away, Barnsley away, there were others where we led a charmed life . I don't mind winning by one goal, but ffs I wish we wouldn't invite pressure when there are other options.

Anyway, can't have any complaints at the moment.

come on you BLUES 

Whoops, talking to myself again !