Chelsea v FC Porto (CL) Tue 13th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

Just now, Munkworth said:

Have Porto played Atletico recently? Suarez appears to have bitten their number 17 on the neck...

I saw that and I was wondering if the Porto pre-match ritual was a little hot and spicy in the dressing room 

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Barring the brainfarts by Mendy, Chilwell and Rudiger we have looked pretty solid. 

Had a few chances to counter where the wrong pass or a poor touch has denied us.

Yep.  We look the better side with a few just unforced shockers sneaking in there.

We are playing well on defence not letting them create much even with all the ball but my goodness that was pathetic in the other 2/3 of the pitch, we didnt even threaten their defence, might need Giroud to hold the play or Werner if we wanna play long ball but something has to happen at half time

Not sure why is James having some problems, maybe Pulisic just isn't that good at the right side but IMO Pulisic did well so far and even Havertz came wide to help out. At least at that position we have CHO to come on in.

3 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Have Porto played Atletico recently? Suarez appears to have bitten their number 17 on the neck...

He doesn't do necks, he prefers ears.  Something you can really sink your teeth into and chew for a while. 

This score might be positive for us, but our performance isn't good enough. 

We're struggling to create something, our key pass is missing. I think if Ziyech was starting the game, he could create at least two big chances.

If we won't gift Porto any chances, then we will win the game, but we have to improve our performance. too many inaccurate passes, we're little tired in the attack. Mount is out of the game so far.

I'm still not confident, Porto will have nothing to lose in the second half which means they will push more and more, we have to catch them on counter attacks.

COME ON CHELS!

I dont care how poor the game is at the moment since a poor game all round = no goals and its portos job to Get 3 to go to SF with no reply from us .

2nd half can be exactly same as first 45 mins as that will keep goals down to ZERO on both sides and chelsea have at least 2 more Home/away games in SF . 

now if chelsea was 2-0 down from 1st game and playing like porto are tonight so far i would not be as calm and nof**ks, tw ats,barstewards ,hunts,in my HT brief .

Just now, Sindre said:

Jorginho been the best player of the half for me.

Feels like Jorghy and T.Silva are fully focused now when we play a side that speaks mainly Portuguese, it's personal!

3 scrappy halves of football in this tie so far. We haven't played fluently in either match but still ahead as it stands. Fully expect Porto to come at us strong in the second half. We would take some pressure off our defense if we could score a goal on the counter.

1 minute ago, coco said:

45 to go and you can bet the next 45 Porto will poor forward, I think we should get Werner straight on the pitch at HT for Pulisic, Christian looks like he needs a rest. Werner will have sh*t loads of space and pace, lets see him rip Pepe apart.

How much energy did they exert on the first 45 mins whilst getting nowhere... might of been boring but it was exactly the first half we needed...they are frustrated, its scrappy and they wasted energy with nothing to show for it....more of the same for me for the first 30-35 of the 2and and then when they get tired and sloppy we can nick a goal on the counter....I'd personally wait 15-20 mins to bring Werner on...he will still have fresh legs for the last 10 mins of the game but he would of had long enough to warm up to the game to hit them when it hurts 

Jorginho doing a good job so far but we miss Kova's ability to bring the ball out of danger. The passing has been sloppy. We need to be sharp and put the right weight on the pass if we want to score.

Reece needs to get his head in the game, he had 1 perfect chance and a great position offside due to being lazy

As the saying goes, 2-0 is a dangerous scoreline

Kante’s passing a bit rusty but has been improving as the half goes on. His ball retrieval has been brilliant. Jorginho in all the right places at the right times and MOTM so far. Defence doing well. Mount being well marked, Havertz doing just ok and Pulisic not really at the game so far, hoping he get a run at them in the second half.

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

I know the players tend to change their shirts at half time but I wonder if they change their socks too?

Probably not, they stink 45 minutes more and then jump in the washing machine. The socks.