Chelsea v FC Porto (CL) Tue 13th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't think we will be calling it that if we play that way against any of the remaining teams, because the only reason why we didn't concede more was because Porto were bang average. Play like that against anybody else and we are going out.

We will definitely need to improve significantly to have a chance of reaching the final.

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't think we will be calling it that if we play that way against any of the remaining teams, because the only reason why we didn't concede more was because Porto were bang average. Play like that against anybody else and we are going out.

We won the CL on dogged defending. Let's just celebrate on a job well done!

2 minutes ago, Carloseyebrow said:

It's hard to be too critical as we got the job done, but the rest of Europe will hardly be sh*tting themselves after that.

Decision making in the final third and finishing is not good enough.

Well done to the boys all the same.

I hope they aremt sh*tting themselves, underestimate us at there own peril. No big team have beaten us under Tuchel yet.

Normally I would have liked to play with Real next. Since we are fighting Liverpool for the top 4, I would like to meet them in the semifinals. If they are eliminated by Real, they will only focus on the championship and they have easier games than us.

Possibly the most egregious display of Iberian cheating since the last time Manchester United were on a football pitch.

Also I know this is a pet peeve, but their constant and increasingly awful foul throws were a constant source of annoyance for me.

f**k it - we're through to the semi-finals, and Bayern were just knocked out. Come on you mighty Blues!

Good riddance to the bunch of dirty c**ts, wouldn't even give the ball back after Silva went down. Pulisic was kicked around all game because of the buffoon of a ref they were getting away with it. Pepe should have walked early for an elbow to Havertz.

Surprised people are finding faults with the performance. Apart from a piece of individual brilliance in the dying seconds we didn't allow them anything. Sometimes you have to play ugly to get through. We're in the semifinals, that's all that matters.

Edited by abramovich

Good professional performance. Never really looked in that much trouble. Really  good defensive game and everyone worked hard to keep Porto at arms length. Sort of game I expected to get the job done. A bit disappointed that we didn’t score on the counter but kudos too to Porto who threw everything in to their blocking. 
Onward to the semis and I’ve a feeling it might be Liverpool.

Edited by goose
4 minutes ago, big blue said:

Thought we nanaged it well, they had 1 shot on target and no chances bar that last minute wonderstrike. We have City alt the weekend, and we just needed to get over the line. Cant play scintillating stuff every 3 days, some games you need to grind.

I didn't think we would play scintillating stuff, but I don't think we should be sitting back against teams like Porto and we did that throughout the pretty much the entirety of both legs.

4 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Based on our quality we should rightfully lose the semi's no matter who we match up with, but with some luck and extra desire anything can happen. There's got to be a majority chance over 50% that we get knocked out though being realistic about it.

We are better than Real right now we dominated Atletico who top their league. 

We recently beat Liverpool, if we show up at our best we have the quality to get to the final 

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

I didn't think we would play scintillating stuff, but I don't think we should be sitting back against teams like Porto and we did that throughout the pretty much the entirety of both legs.

and went through, and smashed palace inbetween. Why chase a game we are already in control of, especially against a team whose strength is to counter attack. I remember when people would complain that all you had to do to beat chelsea was sit back and counter. We did that tonight, and it was enough, in fairness we had much better chances aswell, so it couldve easily been a 2 nil using the same tactics.

3 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Good riddance to the bunch of dirty c**ts, wouldn't even give the ball back after Silva went down. Pulisic was kicked around all game because of the buffoon of a ref they were getting awy with it. Pepe should have walked early for an elbow to Havertz.

Surprised people are finding faults with the performance. Apart from a piece of individual brilliance in the dying seconds we didn't allow them anything. Sometimes you have to play ugly to get through. We're in the semifinals, that's all that matters.

Just a disappointment Pulisic messed up a good chance to give us the win we deserved and then we end up conceding right after.

Ironically both home teams lost 0-1 today and both go through.

Munich go out, City must be delighted. This is by far their best chance to finally win the CL now.

Just now, axman2526 said:

Just a disappointment Pulisic messed up a good chance to give us the win we deserved and then we end up conceding right after.

Ironically both home teams lost 0-1 today and both go through.

Munich go out, City must be delighted. This is by far their best chance to finally win the CL now.

At this moment in time I think Paris are more dangerous than Bayern.

Job done, they scored a lucky wonder goal at the death, felt bad for Mendy you could see what keeping a clean sheet over the tie meant to him.

I don't care whos up next, all I know is that the semis are wide open imo, the favourites have nearly all been KO'd , 

Will enjoy the replay later on this evening with fine wine and a gentleman's cigar (a spliff really but that sounds a lot posher)

Carefree then !