Chelsea v FC Porto (CL) Tue 13th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

Our approach tactically tonight I have zero issues with, as many have said why go chasing the game when we didn't need to.

But.....we lost a game tonight not because of a wonder goal, but because of our lack of quality and or ruthlessness in the final third, and that is a big problem for me.

Be as defensive as you want, but be ruthless and strong when you have the chance. As the ante ramps up these chances need putting away.

Just now, Carloseyebrow said:

Our approach tactically tonight I have zero issues with, as many have said why go chasing the game when we didn't need to.

But.....we lost a game tonight not because of a wonder goal, but because of our lack of quality and or ruthlessness in the final third, and that is a big problem for me.

Be as defensive as you want, but be ruthless and strong when you have the chance. As the ante ramps up these chances need putting away.

Totally agree Carlo, we should have won this game but all of our front 3 were very wasteful and James and Chilwell did not help offensively at all.

SOME INTERESTING FACTS

Most semi-final appearances by English teams in the Champions League era:

◉ Chelsea (8)

◎ Man Utd (7)

◎ Liverpool (5)

◎ Arsenal (2)

◎ Man City (1)

◎ Spurs (1)

◎ Leeds (1)

The last time Chelsea won the UCL in 2012:

Young manager fired after poor run of results ✔️

Finished 6th in the PL ✔️

Beat Portuguese opposition in QF ✔️

Played Spanish giants in SF ✔️

Just now, axman2526 said:

Surprised we are rated higher than PSG. That would change if Liverpool and Dortmund go through tomorrow.

were not higher its just that list, were 3.25/1 psg are at 3/1 slightly more favoured.

Odds when only half the second round matches payed not very useful. Thought we were slow tonight and Porto physical. Might have suited Giroud more. Thought Reece James was a bit pff tonight, regularly offside. Pulley Jorginho Silva pretty good. 
gets tough from here. I rate us a chance in the semi because our defence is strong. 

19 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

SOME INTERESTING FACTS

Most semi-final appearances by English teams in the Champions League era:

◉ Chelsea (8)

◎ Man Utd (7)

◎ Liverpool (5)

◎ Arsenal (2)

◎ Man City (1)

◎ Spurs (1)

◎ Leeds (1)

The last time Chelsea won the UCL in 2012:

Young manager fired after poor run of results ✔️

Finished 6th in the PL ✔️

Beat Portuguese opposition in QF ✔️

Played Spanish giants in SF ✔️

i DONT WANT US FINISHING 6TH THOUGH

1 hour ago, Dragos said:

Real it's like an animal in CL. I'm afraid of them, especially since they're in shape lately.

I would bet on Ramos taking out at least one Chelsea attacker and him on a 3 month injury period.

Tough game but we took the fight and made overall a good game I'd say. Pulisic, Jorginho and Rüdiger stood off a bit from the rest - hardly any failures at all from them while especially Chilwell and James were rather hard working than playing any football tonight.

Bit bummed we conceded one tbh. lol

Wasn't a good game, but we got into the semi final, for the first time in 7 years. 7 f* years, the world was a total different place back then 😀 Apart from the last minute goal, they didn't have a sniff in the team. Once a year, a goal like that would happen, and unfortunately it's this game and marred our clean sheet and a good defensive performance. Given the amount of games coming up, and we barely got our of third gears to make it through to the semi, I think it's a good effort and better game management by Tuchel. Sure we could critique individuals performance, but what's the point? It's about winning games ( and we did over 180 minutes), and not manage player's fitness and fatigue

Job done. Great game management again by TT. Okay, late goal made it a nervy last minute and I am so glad that goal didn't come any earlier but other than that thought we were superb.

Everyone played their part and bar the Mendy rush of blood and a few iffy moments from Chilwell it was near faultless. Jorginho my MOTM, but defence were all so good as was Kante and Pulicic.

Semi Final here we come - bring on Madrid....................!!

I know it's a long shot and it's fair to say the winner of City v Paris tie is the favourite to lift the trophy, but with three games left in the competition, is it written in the stars for Paris to be denied the trophy they dream for so long by none other than their former manager Tuchel not even six months after they sacked him? The kind of story that would go down the football history books I tell you.

10 hours ago, Carloseyebrow said:

Absolutely, if anything, I thought we controlled better the game than the first leg. But, we should have been 1 or 2 nil up by the extra time since we had three clear counterattacking chances that we ended faffing about with the ball. The fact that they scored in extra time a wonder goal does not bother me, it's that we could have easily won the match and didn't because of our issues finishing off goal opportunities.