Jump to content

Chelsea v FC Porto (CL) Tue 13th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT


coco
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mike Carefree said:

Im rooting for dippers to pull one tonite..purely because i think we could scrape past them in the semi

And also because the extra games will tire their squad out for the top 4 race. 

They already have a free match day because of the fa cup , we don't need them having 2 more rest days while we toil on 3 fronts

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Frustrating game to watch as a Chelsea fan.

I can understand out tactics, but we could have made it difficult for ourselves had they had shown a bit more endeavour and scored earlier.

You always felt that if we had gone up a gear we could have made the tie safe a lot earlier, but we were happy to see what they could throw at us, but as I say at that level its a risky strategy, However it paid off and we were comfortably through what has to be the easiest CL QF we are ever likely to have.

Positives, Pulisic looks back to his best and looks fully fit for the first time this season, he's a real asset in this mood and long may it continue (fantasy managers), Thought Dave had another good game, he's playing really well at the moment as is Rudiger.

The two central mid boys played well and always had control of the game, bring on Real KTBFFH

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mike Carefree said:

Im rooting for dippers to pull one tonite..purely because i think we could scrape past them in the semi

I know what you’re saying Mike, but I just couldn’t do that. Rather take my chances against RM than that lot going through. 
I know the dippers going through might also help us get top 4 but rooting for them is a step too far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, goose said:

I know what you’re saying Mike, but I just couldn’t do that. Rather take my chances against RM than that lot going through. 
I know the dippers going through might also help us get top 4 but rooting for them is a step too far.

I know football is dirty, but rooting for the dippers is too much. I'm not even sure my brain is capable to make such a u-turn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I know football is dirty, but rooting for the dippers is too much. I'm not even sure my brain is capable to make such a u-turn.

 

6 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I know football is dirty, but rooting for the dippers is too much. I'm not even sure my brain is capable to make such a u-turn.

On top of your very valid reasons, I’d add that I just hate same league CL fixtures. It just seems to defeat the purpose of the whole thing. Now how much more appealing is a clash with Real! Since I really don’t see us winning the thing anyway, I’d so much rather go out fighting v Real than (potentially) in the final. And let’s not forget Liverpool beating Real opens up the worst option of all, which is losing to Liverpool in the semi. they do have more CL experience and I wouldn’t feel confident about winning that tie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 hours ago, petre ispirescu said:

I know it's a long shot and it's fair to say the winner of City v Paris tie is the favourite to lift the trophy, but with three games left in the competition, is it written in the stars for Paris to be denied the trophy they dream for so long by none other than their former manager Tuchel not even six months after they sacked him? The kind of story that would go down the football history books I tell you.

Could well be.

Or it could be Paris vindicates their decision to fire him by beating us in the final with a manager who has a reputation for bottling the big games, one he earned in part form losing to us often with Spurs, and that poch finally wins a big game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chelsea have denied that Tuchel said “f*** off” to Porto’s manager and were shocked by how Porto behaved.

· Porto went through incredible lengths to try to agitate Tuchel, the Chelsea players and staff that resulted in tempers spilling over at the end of the game.

· The Chelsea players and staff received verbal abuse such as “filho da puta” which approximately translates to ‘son of a b****’ and ‘suck my d***’

· The Portuguese club could be investigated by Uefa over their dirty tricks, even though Chelsea are not likely to make an official complaint

· Conceicao and Tuchel clashed at the FT whistle, while players from Porto and Chelsea also squared up with Mendy restraining Rudiger, who had been shoved

· A Chelsea spokesman stated that the claim of Tuchel telling Conceicao to “f*** off” was “nonsense” and that there were no insults

· Being two goals down from the first leg, Porto looked to agitate Chelsea at every opportunity during the second leg match, with Tuchel, his coaching staff and Chelsea’s substitutes being on the receiving end of verbal abuse and goading throughout from Porto officials

· More verbal abuse was thrown at the Chelsea players and staff after Porto players asked for shirt swaps, when they requested Proto players to wait until everybody returned in the tunnel area for shirt exchanges

· In many matches, a degree of disagreement is common; however, the level to which Porto did it shocked Chelsea and Tuchel

· Porto’s manager and his staff also played a part in the dirty tricks, as they not only put pressure on the officials and argued with Tuchel on the touch line, but also gave their team-sheets late, were late out for kick-off and didn’t greet their opposition before the match or give any congratulations after the game

· Their bad behaviour were also seen not only on the touchline or the pitch, but also in the directors’ box where Chelsea officials received barracking and goading from representatives of Porto

· Porto were already under threat of being investigated by Uefa for their behaviour after claims that Porto’s representatives had called match officials “s*** eaters” during their loss to Manchester City in the group stage

· City were furious by the claims that suggested Bernardo Silva was racist, which the club denied. Guardiola was also said to have been furious about the dirty tricks he and his staff experienced

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/04/14/chelseas-x-rated-touchline-row-porto/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Could well be.

Or it could be Paris vindicates their decision to fire him by beating us in the final with a manager who has a reputation for bottling the big games, one he earned in part form losing to us often with Spurs, and that poch finally wins a big game.

Oh god, don't say such horrible things, isn't the world enough of a miserable place?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Oh god, don't say such horrible things, isn't the world enough of a miserable place?!

Just offering a balance as to how the history books could be written the other way Val. Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Chelsea have denied that Tuchel said “f*** off” to Porto’s manager and were shocked by how Porto behaved.

· Porto went through incredible lengths to try to agitate Tuchel, the Chelsea players and staff that resulted in tempers spilling over at the end of the game.

· The Chelsea players and staff received verbal abuse such as “filho da puta” which approximately translates to ‘son of a b****’ and ‘suck my d***’

· The Portuguese club could be investigated by Uefa over their dirty tricks, even though Chelsea are not likely to make an official complaint

· Conceicao and Tuchel clashed at the FT whistle, while players from Porto and Chelsea also squared up with Mendy restraining Rudiger, who had been shoved

· A Chelsea spokesman stated that the claim of Tuchel telling Conceicao to “f*** off” was “nonsense” and that there were no insults

· Being two goals down from the first leg, Porto looked to agitate Chelsea at every opportunity during the second leg match, with Tuchel, his coaching staff and Chelsea’s substitutes being on the receiving end of verbal abuse and goading throughout from Porto officials

· More verbal abuse was thrown at the Chelsea players and staff after Porto players asked for shirt swaps, when they requested Proto players to wait until everybody returned in the tunnel area for shirt exchanges

· In many matches, a degree of disagreement is common; however, the level to which Porto did it shocked Chelsea and Tuchel

· Porto’s manager and his staff also played a part in the dirty tricks, as they not only put pressure on the officials and argued with Tuchel on the touch line, but also gave their team-sheets late, were late out for kick-off and didn’t greet their opposition before the match or give any congratulations after the game

· Their bad behaviour were also seen not only on the touchline or the pitch, but also in the directors’ box where Chelsea officials received barracking and goading from representatives of Porto

· Porto were already under threat of being investigated by Uefa for their behaviour after claims that Porto’s representatives had called match officials “s*** eaters” during their loss to Manchester City in the group stage

· City were furious by the claims that suggested Bernardo Silva was racist, which the club denied. Guardiola was also said to have been furious about the dirty tricks he and his staff experienced

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/04/14/chelseas-x-rated-touchline-row-porto/

 

I found it funny to see Conceicao complaining about Tuchel "talking too much" while he always screamed and agitated throughout the game himself at the sideline whenever he was shown in the telly.

Porto played more like Atleti than Madrid themselves - quite a feat! And also quite a feat to dispose of both these uber-tricky and provocing clubs with such a young and newly build formation. Love it actually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Porto did every dirty trick they could to steal their way through. We did well not to fall in to their traps.

That's what always makes beating teams like Porto so enjoyable when they are so snidey and use dirty tricks and loads of play acting. f**kers got what they deserved. And I thought the ref was okay. He let a fair bit go for both sides and didn't wave too many cards. I know Pulicic got some treatment but dealt with it well and won us plenty of free-kicks which helped disrupt the flow of Porto's game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!