Chelsea v Man City (FA Cup Semi-Final) Sat 17th Apr 2021 17:30 GMT

Would be typical of us to beat them then lose the final to a vastly inferior side compared to our semi final opponent. Just like last season.

Not sure how we stop KDB. He always plays his best against us. 

By far TT most difficult game to date.

4 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Would be typical of us to beat them then lose the final to a vastly inferior side compared to our semi final opponent. Just like last season.

Not sure how we stop KDB. He always plays his best against us. 

By far TT most difficult game to date.

Hope and pray two or three of the Kantes are on him at all times. 

13 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Hope and pray two or three of the Kantes are on him at all times. 

Aye that would help. Gotta deny City space. We saw what the high press did at the bridge against them.

I believe this could potentially be the firs time TT picks an unchanged side. He may bring Werner in for CP or Mount but I doubt we see much else.

Edited by axman2526

Were we tired against Porto or did they just make it seem like we were?. Misplaced passes, less possession. I hate saying this but the cup is only the third of our three priorities. I’d rotate  Werner yes, ziyech, yes, cho yes. The worry is the Kante/kova/Jorgy pivots. They have all missed games through injury recently and we need all three. Kante can’t play too many games in a row. If kova isn’t fit then I’m for either billy or even Reece getting a run there in this game. But as has been proved many times I know nothing. 

Edited by ozboy

Anyone has heard anything more about some fans being allowed inside Wembley for the FA Cup semis? I think I heard a couple of weeks ago that the Chelsea v. City game was going to be some trial to start getting fans back into stadiums.

Whatever happens Gilmour has to play 90 minutes . I would start him with Kante and bring on Jorginho at half time. With Kova injured we are just a slight injury away from our season capitulating . We will be better off giving Gilmour the experience now instead of waiting till Jorgino or kante breakdown , because with our  upcoming fixtures that seems inevitable . 

Kepa

Christensen   Zouma        Rudiger

CHO      Kante            Gilmour         Alonso

Ziyech          Werner          Mount

35 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Whatever happens Gilmour has to play 90 minutes . I would start him with Kante and bring on Jorginho at half time. With Kova injured we are just a slight injury away from our season capitulating . We will be better off giving Gilmour the experience now instead of waiting till Jorgino or kante breakdown , because with our  upcoming fixtures that seems inevitable . 

Kepa

Christensen   Zouma        Rudiger

CHO      Kante            Gilmour         Alonso

Ziyech          Werner          Mount

Hope kepa isnt playing

2 hours ago, coco said:

Yeah but against City that's a gamble, and could damage his slow recovering profile.

Especially with that team selected. Wingbacks who cannot defend properly, Gilmour against KDB. Likely over before halftime. Lol

37 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Especially with that team selected. Wingbacks who cannot defend properly, Gilmour against KDB. Likely over before halftime. Lol

Well if we fail to rotate our players then those fullbacks who cannot defend properly and Gilmour would have to start in a UCL semifinal due to injuries and fatigue. Pick your poison

2 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

Well if we fail to rotate our players then those fullbacks who cannot defend properly and Gilmour would have to start in a UCL semifinal due to injuries and fatigue. Pick your poison

That is TT job, not mine. He has said he is here to win titles, on saturday he is one win away from reaching a final. So up to him to design a team capable of beating city.

And why would starting our better defenders and wingbacks mean they are out of the CL semi first leg? We play Brighton on Tueaday and West Ham on Saturday first, they could be rested in one or both of those.

We saw though what happens if you are too offence against city already this season.

Edited by axman2526
3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

One thing i enjoyed last night was watching Mendy dominate the box for corners, corners with Kepa i am :sofa:

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

That is TT job, not mine. He has said he is here to win titles, on saturday he is one win away from reaching a final. So up to him to design a team capable of beating city.

And why would starting our better defenders and wingbacks mean they are out of the CL semi first leg? We play Brighton on Tueaday and West Ham on Saturday first, they could be rested in one or both of those.

We saw though what happens if you are too offence against city already this season.

That is very true but to me 4th place is more important than the FA cup. I guess TT is the one charge and he can prioritize however he feels.

45 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

That is very true but to me 4th place is more important than the FA cup. I guess TT is the one charge and he can prioritize however he feels.

I know it bite us in the behind against WBA and could again against Brighton bit many of this group needs a trophy, TT included to stamp his mark on his Chelsea team with one.

Many many chelsea managers have got us in to the CL, a few have delivered the FA cup, one has the CL.

No doubt now we are in the semi the CL takes priority but making top 4 and winning nothing will get TT sacked and quickly forgotten if that is all he does for a few seasons.

Winning the FA cup would be huge for the likes of Mount, CHO, James, Chilwell, Mendy, Havertz etc.