Chelsea v Man City (FA Cup Semi-Final) Sat 17th Apr 2021 17:30 GMT

coco

Just now, just said:

He has Gol but they have nearly all been safe and straightforward. But he has had opportunities to hit early balls over the top, particularly to Werner, and hasn't attempted them. 

It is my biggest problem with him. Passing is his one forte. Why can't he be more adventurous, more creative. Why can't he hit passes like Fabregas, Hoddle or Pirlo? He is playing from deep and he can see the whole pitch in front of him.

He's not Pirlo but he's passing the ball really well, his pass to Mount let to Werner which assisted to Ziyech as well and he found Mount in other occasions as well.

On 16/04/2021 at 02:35, axman2526 said:

Fair enough mate.

Yeah but those were minor upsets.

Us beating City the way they are playing would be more like Mayweather getting knocked out by a 15 yeard old random off the street kid.

So I'm guessing Mayweather got knocked out by a 15yr old random kid off the street? 

1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

Well I didn't win a million euros but I'm still happy about it. Great result, we just beat the best in the country and TT said we will hunt them down

Could be Southampton in the final...

Just now, SFL82 said:

Best defence in Europe, if we can finish that little better we are in contention for a double 

I miss Hazard more than ever. We just miss that little bit of something extra special to kill a game off with minimal chances. I feel like Hazard would have scored from that chance Werner got before he was subbed off. 

Just now, Munkworth said:

Could be Southampton in the final...

Yeah that lot.. is a bit of a bogey team for us.. hopefully we do them over if they do reach the final...

Haha yes love it! Yet another FA Cup final ahead for the Chels! Disciplined performance, clearly better team on the day,  and deserved win. And as for city, quadruple, what quadruple? Haha have that! Look forward to Chelsea back at Wembley next next month for the final, and hopefully another victory and 9th FA Cup tophy!

Very disciplined performance, not the best for the neutral yet good we burst City's bubble.

Tuchel's first win over Pep in their 8 meetings.

Got worried a little when Gundogan came on yet strangely seemed to be playing more defensive than offensive.

Perhaps a bit of fortune with KDB getting injured yet then Silva also had to go off.

Now can Chelsea do the Double? :biggrin:

Tommy and the boys do it again. Make no mistake until we lift the cup I'll take nothing for granted but after last season's final with a dodgy ref, two injuries to key players. I think reaching the final again is outstanding, especially since we denied the so called best team left in Europe their precious quadruple.